wildblue

Swooping on The Today show

Dude, some people in the skydiving community don't understand why you do what you do, why the hell would you expect different from a whuffo? :D

Hell, some skydivers don't understand why some of us do CRW! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That helmet looks like a cross between a tortoise shell and a half bucket you'd expect from the stereotype member of a movie motorcycle gang gorilla character. :D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Give me a break. I just think people who view skydiving in this fashion are too concerned about thinking they're on the edge when they're not.

I think you are dead unless you save yourself...Name one other sport where you put make a split second choice that puts you on a path to certain death unless you perform another task in time.

And I don't think of myself as "thinking I'm on the edge".

I have been doing this quite some time and recognize more than just the "Gee Golly thats fun" part of the sport.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You guys are not dorks. I just saw the segment about 3 times. It was very cool to watch!

Hopefully, swooping will get more publicity and will have a place in the Olympics. It was cool to see the interview bits with Johnny Tagle, and all the swooping footage, as always, was exciting and fun to watch. Congrats to everyone in that segment!

P.S. Baseball is very boring.

Not when you're drunk and in the bleachers!!!

How bout dem Cubs? :o [whispers]losers[/whispers]

Go STROS`!!!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Not when you're drunk and in the bleachers!!!

How bout dem Cubs? :o [whispers]losers[/whispers]

:D Ohhh...silly Slappie...you think that Cubs fans actually get offended that our team is losing??? :P
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

That helmet looks like a cross between a tortoise shell and a half bucket you'd expect from the stereotype member of a movie motorcycle gang gorilla character. :D

Hey, I'm going to have to back him up here. I wear a skateboarding helmet (it was only $35) and it does the job even though it may look similar.

I thought it was pretty good spot, except for the jerkoff anchor at the end.

Now, why was the reporter wearing a rig while on the plane and then goes on to have his first tandem?

Did he actually start AFF or was he a skydiver?
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

Haven't seen the segment yet, but damn... took them long enough to air it. It seems like forever ago...

"could you guys pack over here please so we have some good background activity for the interview... wait no, pack more over here... could you pack slower please... wait, now you're making too much noise, could you pack quieter..."

We had some coverage on our morning show in Montreal this AM. They covered the nationals: showed Jay pulling a move on the pond, and then interviewed the local 4way team who won in open and who will represent Canada in Germany next year.

Prety good exposure.
Remster