Girlfalldown

Hey fellow wine lovers! Funny video.

http://www.bonnydoonvineyard.com/dooniversity/content/screwcap_video

We've been seeing more and more wineries going to screwcap bottles because of bad corks and it's so hard to convince the public that the traditional cork just isn't needed anymore. A winery here in California made this video to try and explain it better. It's a good laugh but it's also true.

Enjoy!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I can't say I have a favorite because they are constantly changing. I'm a sucker for good old first growth Bordeaux and DRC. Unfortunately both are way out of my price range. I love a good pinot noir, some Rhone wines, Spanish wines with food, yum! Uh, Alsace with Thai, I guess it depends on the situation.

Bubbles...I love tiny bubbles!

--------------

This video makes too much fun of us French.... Its being moved to Speaker's Corner, and I'm banning your ass here for a few weeks.. That'll teach you . >:(

LOL yeah sure! Ban me! I'm not scared! I have blackmail material!

--------------

Funny!!! I have a good friend, who lives in the Bay area and considers himself quite the wine conisseur. Here in Texas, we produce some nice little ol' wines, as well. When I go to the Symposiums, I'll bring him a couple bottles of Texas wine. The first time I took him some, he remarked about the fact the bottles actually had corks!:o:P

Chuck

yeah, I've the heard the thing about the screwcap bottles before, but I'm still sad to see the cork go:(. The video was great, I especially liked when the chick popped her mouth like a cork!:D

STILL, no more corks[:/] ( unless I freefly:|)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

http://www.bonnydoonvineyard.com/dooniversity/content/screwcap_video

We've been seeing more and more wineries going to screwcap bottles because of bad corks and it's so hard to convince the public that the traditional cork just isn't needed anymore. A winery here in California made this video to try and explain it better. It's a good laugh but it's also true.

Enjoy!

I'll watch when I get home, but Bonnydoon has some of the best and coolest wines. Their Ca del Solo Ma diBianca (a Malvasia Bianca) is currently my favorite white wine - and at only about $12 or so a bottle. It is rather hard to find though - sometimes at Whole Foods, but probably have to buy it direct, special order through the wine person at the store or some other wine specialty store.

I can't believe I watched the whole thing....

Anyhow, the bottle in the first sequence is "Big House Red" and not all that bad.

I also dig the "Twin Fin"

It's funny about the cork argument because cork snobs even have their sights set on the plastic corks found in wines like "Yellow Tail."

I enjoy all kinds of wines as long as they're red.

jason

Having had a wine that was corked a few weeks ago I'm all for synthetic corks or screwcaps. I mean when you spend $30 on a bottle of wine I'd like to be able to drink it and not have to poor it down the drain. :(
Fly it like you stole it!

Exactly, which is why synthetic corks are gaining in popularity. Of course you could buy some of that nasty south american stuff with a screw top...

:)

My man! You are on fire lately! Throw a cow at Remi!

I like Pinot Noir a LOT! We won a visit to the Sonoma County Wine tasting event thing last year that was worth a couple grand cause my wife does radio contests. Anyhow, Pinot Noir is easy to drink and has a high alcohol content and will make you pass out in the sauna.

See, in French "Pinot Noir" translates loosely as "Look, he fell down"

Umm yea , i heard of one of those. I'm so not worthy.

Can i get a Captain and Coke ?
< puts right foot up on a barrel of rum >

You're breaking my HEART here!! Why does everyone throw Coke on rum?? Have you tried Captain Morgan and grapefruit juice over ice? Its great! Now resume standing with your foot on a barrel of rum ;)~~April
P.S. The video IS hilarious and makes sense, I'll miss the corks, though!

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!