dgskydive

F---er Shot my cat!!!!

Call (951) 688-4340. It's the Humane Society in Riverside and report animal cruelty. Hopefully you saved the pellet.

I do not know about the laws in your area, but in Houston, the cops can do nothing and the Humane Society can do nothing of any real consequence. I have been through this with a neighbor who had her cats sacrificed by a middle eastern family. They thought it would bring them a child!

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Also, if anyone laid a hand on my cat, who's been my constant companion for 11 years now, they wouldn't have the wherewithall to do it a second time.

I used to hate cats and until I got this one.

I used to be the viloent type. 5 years ago I would have knocked him down and picked him up to do it again and again.

THis was a true struggle not to hit him... to punch him in his face. It was almost all I could do not to spit in his face.
Dom

I'm not a cat person, but I still wouldn't shoot one, especially an outside cat because I know the benefits and the few strays around my house seem to keep the critters problem down. I get a little pissed when they kill the birds though.

I was just responding to the guy that though animal control would be more humane.

I can get very emotional about animals and if they are abused so I'm trying to not respond in a violent manner towards the abuser. (i.e. pvc pipe, barbwire and ky to by humane)

actual importance - like dogs

I agree - dogs are more important. ;)

judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Not a bad idea, but paint in a feline eye would hurt far more than a
>zap in the ass with a pellet. Plus grooming itself would likely be toxic.

Let me tell about htis pellet gun. It is strong!!!!!!! The Pellets are not just hitting him and bouncing off. They are actually breaking the skin and sticking to him. Cats have thick skin. If you were to be shot with this pellet gun. It would send you to the hospital. I had to try three times to pull that pellet out of his head last night.
Dom

The ass hat that is doing this, will be nice to your animal to your face then shoot it, kick it, or even try to run them over. He has issues.

If no one is dead or going to die you just don't call the cops... If he hurts one more, then the cops will be brought in.

Nevermind...:S

What about the person that vandalized the window - what happens to them?

They shouldn't have done that.! I am just as pissed about that as anything.

well, if its an RV park, descretely shove an old t-shirt in this sewer connection so it backs up...
Scars remind us that the past is real

Dom.

This is the resident cat lady here.

Do these things in this order, all right?

1. Cat goes to the vet (if it's a $$ problem, let me know. I don't have much, but I can borrow some for the vet visit if necessary..). If you choose not to (and good Lord, please don't choose not to...) clean his wound very carefully with hydrogen peroxide and clip the hair around his wound (shave it if you can). Cover it with a sterile gauze patch, and don't let him worry it. Watch him for disorientation, and visual issues (bonking into things, not as quick chasing his favorite thing, string play is difficult or poor aim). If any of those things are occurring, I'll come down with a carrier and bring him to my vet (at my cost). Head impacts are dangerous, and don't often manifest right away. Same thing with infection. Also watch his food and water intake over the next several days. If they are different, to the vet immediately. Also, watch his personality...if it seems really different (unusual aggression, unusual and significant hiding, et cetera), he needs to be seen.

2. Make sure photos are taken of the cat's wounds. Again, I'll be happy to drive down and take some digital for you, if there isn't a digi around.

3. Call the Humane Society, and make a report. Especially if he does this a lot...

4. Call the police, and make a report. Since there's been a while between the shot and the call, the cops generally won't do a lot; perhaps simply take a report. Start a record of the behavior, if nothing else, and be aware that had others started the record, you might not've had this to deal with.

5. If he's not neutered, get him neutered right away. There are low cost neuter clinics in the area, and it will help his wandering a whole lot.

As someone who does cat rescue, and someone who will drive from SD to SF to bring a cat to a new home from a bad one, I care about these critters (all critters, frankly). I want to say "very very well done" in not beating the shit out of him, because I know it would've been nearly impossible for me to replicate your action. Thank you for keeping your control, and I'll buy you a beer for that. If I ever found out who did what was done to Penguin, I'd take him apart, put him together again, and take him apart one more time (him being a general term, not specific in this case).

Please, please please get your cat some care. Please. PM me if you want to, but please please please get him some care.

And lots of love to him from me...

And a quick note to those who have neighborhood cats fishing in their ponds...please don't shoot the animal. I've seen amazing success with low volt electric fencing buried underground, and it is far more effective (and doesn't take as much time as the shooting method) than a pellet gun. And frankly, it's less expensive than buying a gun, and paying for pellets, and obviates that whole "discharing a firearm in city limits" thing.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

5. If he's not neutered, get him neutered right away. There are low cost neuter clinics in the area, and it will help his wandering a whole lot.

Agreed. If the guy that shot the cat has not been neutered, he should be immediately. "People" like him should not reproduce.

Walt

You got me on that one!

LOL, I read through the post, saw the double meaning, debated about clearing it up...and left it. I wonder what that says about me? LOLOLOL!

Yeah, what Nightengale said!

Ciels-
Michele

LOL, I read through the post, saw the double meaning, debated about clearing it up...and left it. I wonder what that says about me? LOLOLOL!

Yeah, what Nightengale said!

Ciels-
Michele

So I fell into your carefully laid trap. Oh well, I gotta hand it to you--it was a great one!

I salute you!!!

Walt

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find it odd you would rather the cat be dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find it odd that you're bent on distorting the meaning of what I said.

Lets look at that again shall we?

You said, "Call animal control"

I asked,"What do you think animal control will do?"

YOU THEN SAID,"I don't know... maybe put it down in a humane way?"

I fail to see how the sentance :"I don't know... maybe put it down in a humane way?"

Can be taken any other way.

Maybe you should check what you wrote to the question I asked before you try and jump my shit huh?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Also, if anyone laid a hand on my cat, who's been my constant companion for 11 years now, they wouldn't have the wherewithall to do it a second time.

Do you let you cat run around?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

what a f*cking pussy, shooting a cat. that's low.

it must have taken huge self-restraint not to deal that prick a beating, Dom, kudos for taking the higher ground. i'd like a couple of minutes alone with the asshole though, i've got some good credit to blow at the Bank of Karma :)

here's a quote from Death Wish for ya, seems appropriate as you DID catch a scumbag...

Paul Kersey: Any chance of catching these men?
Lt. Briggs: There's a chance, sure.
Paul Kersey: Just a chance?
Lt. Briggs: I'd be less than honest if I gave you more hope, Mr. Kersey. In the city, that's the way it is.

peace to you and your felis cattus,
tim

Do you let you cat run around?

Cat's dont' like to be inside all the time. Mine just roams the Ghetto like the others. That is what this ass should do. Cats get nto fights.That is a cat thing. If he doesn't want his to fight then he needs to keep his in the house.

I can't get mad at another cat for fighting with mine. If i don't like then I need to keep mine inside. If he doesn't like it then he can keep his inside. If mine gets picked up by a Coyote or some other critter that is just mother nature. Getting shot numerous times with a high powered Pellet gun is not a part of the deal.
Dom

No worries Michelle. He is a happy cat and I take care of him. He is a little sore there right now, but nothing that bad. I am just glad it didn't hit him in the eye or ear, then he would be in a world of hurt.

I know you love that guy, Dom, and I know he's in good hands. Just really watch it carefully for a bit, especially if the wound is open (to the air, dirt, and whatnot). Cats aren't quite as able to fend off infections as we humans are...and that's what I'm most concerned about right now; the potential for infections.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, all right? I'm not good for much, but man, I know cats!

Ciels-
Michele

:$:$ :$!!
I just posted two shots of Simon over on the Pic of the Week thread. He's one of 5, and I had to bottle feed him he was so young when I got him (saved him from being put down...). He's had some developmental problems, but he's doing really well now.

Ciels-
Michele