j0nes

Lower back tattoos

"Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye." Vince Vaughn as Jeremy Grey in Wedding Crashers. Great movie!

There hot as long as they aren't too big.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Trashiest one's are lower belly tattoos. I keep thinking one of the secretaries at my firm walks round with a tuft of pubes sticking out above her trousers... actually just a tattoo partly on show... personally I wouldn't want to give people that impression but hey, whatever floats her boat.

Why are lower back tattoos any different than tattoos anywhere else on your body? And why do they bother you so much?

I like tattoos (depending on what they are), pretty much anywhere... I probably wouldn't go so far as to call them "cool" though, so none of your poll options work for me.

Ive got a small one of a celestrial moon, I got it way back when ... they werent popular but I needed a place to hide a tatoo , since I got inked for myself and not others , I thought that was a good place. If I wanted to see it I could but no one else can see it unless I show them since even a standard thong cover it.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

If someone wants to deface their body, that's their choice. It used to be a conformist sort of rebellion, the irony was funny, but that's why, I thought it was just silly and naive. So now, I'm not a fan of tattoos or piercings.

But as far as tattoos on women go, the only place I seen one that I like is the lower back.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think of them the same as the arm band tatoo fad of the 90's. If you got it then, you can get away with having one. But the newer generation isn't keeping up with the style. It's probably going to end up, if it's not considered now, a fad.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

If someone wants to deface their body

I dont see it as defacing... its my body , I dont deface it , I enhance it ... I have seen people who yes go over board and cover their body with tatoos, but as with skydiving it can get addicting, it took all my strength to not go back the next day and get another... a lower back tattoo , at least where I got it was a totally erotic experience, it not only didnt hurt, it actually felt incredible to recieve.

Im to chicken to go to the extreme of getting pierced but some find those to be pleasuable as well, either while its being done or after.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

ahhh another sexist remark from grue.... what a shocker... so there okay on men but not women?

WTF? Sexist? What do you mean "another" anyway, where was the first? I think women are better than men, that's why I don't like seeing them ruin the work of art that is the female form.

I don't like tattoos on guys, either, but insofar as I can tell, I don't have any interest in men sexually.
cavete terrae.

I think women are better than men.

Another sexist remark :P

When Bart Simpson got his ear pierced Lisa said, "How rebellious..... in a conformist sort of way"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ahhh another sexist remark from grue.... what a shocker... so there okay on men but not women?

that was sexist?

Hey, i don't like boobs on guys.

I don't like it when girls wear men's suits. it does nothing for me.

Seems that is a preference to me.

Overeacting just a bit?

as for this poll, I think this is because someone has a problem with someone else. See other threads for info. ;) Anymore ambiguity and my head might explode.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

as for this poll, I think this is because someone has a problem with someone else.

the other threads piqued my interest in the subject. this thread was not intended towards any particular poster(s).

Well, glad we cleared that up.

My opinion: I think the lower back, if done right, can be okay...but most of the time I find it lacking. I much prefer a tattoo higher up on the back (around the middle).
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.