cocheese

Who is over weight ?

Mine occurred before I ever started skydiving. I suppose it's a skydiving-related success story in that there's no way I could have even started in the sport when I weighed 125 lbs more than I do now.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I bought my RW jumpsuit when I weighed around 160. I put on 20 pounds somewhere in the last couple of years. I was trying to fly camera at Rantoul and I went low and the LO said when we got down, "Don't sweat it man, a big guy like you is gonna need some wings to stay up." :( It must finally be time to start eating better and doing some *gasp* excersize. Is that dz.com weight loss challenge still going on?

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

aarrrggghh

I lost about 70 pounds before I stated back into skydiving in March 2003 I did good for about a year but have put back some of it.. I need someplace where I am not cooped up inside all the time..
BUT I can still fly with the floatyboats... I just put my 1976 Wing Wars suit on .
I did fly my red bumper suit on the Womens Washington State RW Record 2 weeks ago.. I was skeptical but Keri said wear it... and we did have a kick ass base...
I CAN FLY:)

It must finally be time to start eating better and doing some *gasp* excersize

Just land off and make sure nobody notices you're missing for 45 minutes. You'll get some good exercise walking back to the DZ. [:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

It must finally be time to start eating better and doing some *gasp* excersize

Just land off and make sure nobody notices you're missing for 45 minutes. You'll get some good exercise walking back to the DZ. [:/]

That's part of my non voluntary excercise plan already ;):P:$.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

not so much over weight as really out of shape [:/][:/][:/]
I used to be VERY fit before I started skydiving.
I was a fittness instructor but they wanted me to take Saturday and Sunday morning classes, that interfiered with jumping so it had to go:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Now I'm unfit, have less money and high cholestrol:|:|
:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I lost 60 pounds when I started skydiving but have put 20 back on. I didn't have to work out the last time I lost weight, but now I do. Since Aug. 1st, I've really stepped it up. I get up and workout every weekday morning at 6:30. It's my punishment for letting the weight come back!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Lost 70 lbs. when I 'started' skydiving.

Have kept it off for a year and exercise with a personal trainer twice a week with an additional 2 or 3 days on my own.

Not really a success story - now I just look like I'm supposed to.

Jen
Arianna Frances

Yup I'm a fat ass!!!

Actually...I started out around 230 lbs, lost some of it back in 2000. When i started skydiving I was around 180 pounds and lazy...get out in the texas heat and off your buttocks does a lot. Lost another 40 pounds or so (depending on what day it is :ph34r:)

Total off = just around 90 pounds.

Losing weight is mind over matter. You have got to change your whole live style. I speak from experience. At one point in my life, my weight was 185 pounds. There is no way I will post any of those pictures from that time in my life. I do have one on my fridge just to remind me to never get to that point again.

Some times weight issues stem from deeper emotional feelings. If you are serious about wanting to lose weight, you have to sit down and ask your self why you are where you are at. Be honest with yourself, because that is only when change will happen.

Good luck.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You have got to change your whole live style

Basically, you have to live a lifestyle that supports your desired weight for your body. So if you lose the weight, it won't stay off unless you keep doing more and eating less than you were were heavy. And the older you get, the harder it is to do both of those things.

I weigh about what I did in high school. I've weighed more and less since then, and I'd still like to lose about 10 lbs :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My weight fluctuates dramatically. My junior year in high school I was 5'11" and 170 and solid. I was up to 6'0" and 190 with some flab by the end of my senior year in high school. By the time I turned 20, I was 6'1" and 245 with no muscle tone at all, and I stayed there till I was 20 years, six months. Some people can look great at that weight, and I wasn't one of them. I was Kent "Flounder" Dorffman from Animal House and I took Dean Wormer's advice to heart - "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life." I'd failed out of college at that point.

Bythe time I was 20 years and 10 months of age I was 165, having lost 80 pounds in about a three month span. This was due to working 80 hours per week at physical jobs and taking a fulltime load of summer school to get back into college. Average 3 hours of sleep per night and see what happens, especially if your stress response is to limit food intake.;)

By the time I was 22, I was 6'1" and 175 pounds of solid muscle (I was measured at 8 percent body fat at that age). A year and a half ago I was up to 210. Along comes baby, and sleep deprivation and high stress occurred, resulting in my current weight of 182.

Here's what pisses me off - my BMI at 6'1" and 182 is 24. 25 is considered "overweight" which is 190 pounds at my height. It's disgusting to me that I could weigh 145 at my height and have a "normal" BMI - not underweight.

I think these height/weight standards are a crock of shit, personally. To consider a man of 6'1" and 140 to be in a "normal" weight range is preposterous.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

well, when I started skydiving my whole fitness routine went out the window!!! B|:S Now, I am getting back into shape, even better shape than I was in high school!!!! B| My plan is to get down to size 6 ( which I'm an 8 now), because that's what I feel will be the best size and lowest % of body fat I want. ( but trust me, I am not about to starve myself and obsess about being thin, like some do) It feels so great to start looking toned again and eating healthier. Anybody can lose weight if they truly want to, but it does take hard work. You can do it!!! :)If you need a kick in the butt sometime PM me! ;)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I am. Any of you who have read my posts know that I am trying to lose weight so I can start jumping. It's been a bad summer (basically my fault- no willpower) so jumping this year is out. The upside to that is- I now have until next spring to lose all the weight I need to make my first jump- and I also have until then to save up enough $$$$$ to get through my training. It sucks being overweight- and I know it's all my fault. I need to make a lifestyle change (which for those who have never had to do it) is not an easy task. But it is something I am determined to do. Not only to get healthy to be able to jump, but to be healthy for my family.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I need to make a lifestyle change (which for those who have never had to do it) is not an easy task.

No, it's not easy. But once it becomes habit you do it without even thinking.

Years ago I would always get all the junk food at the grocery store. Yesterday I realized that as I was putting my items on the check out belt, that not one item was junk. I even passed on the free candy bar the cashier was giving away. It has now become habit for me.

Take it a day at a time and keep a journal. That helped me. I wrote down every thing I ate.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Take it a day at a time and keep a journal. That helped me. I wrote down every thing I ate.

I use Fitday online to track my foods .. pretty neat little tool. www.fitday.com.

The key is to find what works with your body chemistry. For me, that meant cutting out most processed foods, switching instead to fresh, whole foods. Cutting out simple carbs and refined sugar. It takes a bit more preparation than sticking in a microwave meal, but I've gotten it now so that I always have something on hand (freezing Costco meats in smaller packages works wonders; having a grill to cook meats and veggies on is also a lifesaver).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke