namgrunt

inside info on gas

ok here is the straight info,no hype no panic

there are 2 pipelines that the gas,oil,etc, from the gulf coast to the north.

they are closed due to the pumping stations are either underwater or no power.
these pump stations keep pressure on pipeline.

if refineries were open and produceing they couls not ship.
cannot do it by truck.

as the local terminals run out of product stations run out, so the price goes up .

b/p amoco corp. raised wholesale price last midnight >45 cents a gal. so stations raise price .45 cemts.

stations are clearing 1.5 cents per gal. if no one does a driveoff (not pay)

estimated time to return to normal 2 weeks to 30 days.
sucks but no one to blame but all of us.
last refinery built 30 years ago
no more pipelines built since no one wants a dirty old pipe burried in ther back yard.
it is as bad as you think.

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

require profit caps on fuel to the big oil co.
say fed says no mor than %10 profit ,then you will see price fall

remember fed,state,county,city tax is based on $ not gal so no polition is interested in caping price

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

I definately think it is ridiculous that they are jacking the prices up the way they are. I drove by one gas station it was $2.79, and another was $2.99 (about 1.5 miles away). I think they are taking advantage of a bad situation.

Mainly I was just trying to give Chris a hard time.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

I just topped off tonight for $2.99/gallon - more than I have ever paid in my life anywhere in the world.

Rumor has it that they are already running out of gas in the NC mountains, and that we may run out later this week.

Prices in Fayetteville and Durham are $3.09/gallon.
Arrive Safely

John

I just topped off tonight for $2.99/gallon - more than I have ever paid in my life anywhere in the world.

Rumor has it that they are already running out of gas in the NC mountains, and that we may run out later this week.

Prices in Fayetteville and Durham are $3.09/gallon.

the two gas stations next to my house out out. gone. no more gas. there is a whole lot of gas stations around atlanta right now, empty. compleatly.

im sure there will be more tomorow, but nobody will be buying because they are full.:)

Yes but when everything goes back to normal I bet you a fucking million dollars the fucking price WILL NOT COME BACK DOWN.Mark my fucking words and under line them in your notes.

Hi Spence

Things will never go back to normal.:(

When you dead thats forever.:(

When you lose your family thats forever:(

The number of people affected by this will be enormous.

There's a lot more to worry about now than some chump change for gas[:/] A lot of people have already lost their homes, jobs etc.

R.I.P.

just some more info to add:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/index.htm

"There's no question gas will hit $4 a gallon," Ben Brockwell, director of pricing at the Oil Price Information Service, said. "The question is how high will it go and how long will it last?"
"Brockwell said with gasoline prices now exceeding $3 a gallon before even reaching the wholesale level, it "doesn't take a genius" to expect retail prices to hit $4 a gallon soon."
"With this kind of hiccup in refinery capacity, in stretched markets like California, you could see over $4 a gallon in gas," Evan Smith, an analyst at U.S. Global Investors, told CNN/Money."

gouging? a real problem with supply? overdemand?

either way the consumer is in for a ride. on monday i bought 87 for 2.79 in Santa Barbara, CA. today, wednesday, when i drove to work i passed the same gas station, it was 3.09. something tells me it will be even higher when i go to work tomorrow morning.

Wow...........I picked an awesome time to leave the country for 3 months! :D So glad all I have to do is SIGN for gas over here! B|

ahhhh shaddap!! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban