fallingchip

A song that takes you back?

I was on the way home from the movies and playing on the radio was "Every Rose Has It's Thorn". Haven't heard that song in 10 years easy. Took me straight back to junior high. Ahhh the memories.:)
Can you think of any that "took you back"?

"Glory Days" takes me back to my high school days... Hard to believe next year will be my 20th year reunion. I'll probably be the youngest looking of the bunch too. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"Glory Days" takes me back to my high school days... Hard to believe next year will be my 20th year reunion. I'll probably be the youngest looking of the bunch too. :ph34r:

I just had my 10th...the changes we go through are, in some cases, unbelievable.

I just had my 10th...the changes we go through are, in some cases, unbelievable.

You ain't kidding! The captain of my cross country team, who finished 2nd in the state on our state champion team, showed up at our 10 year reunion with a noticable beer belly! :S Some other guys had already gone 80% bald! A lot of the popular girls got fat, drank and smoked. Sheesh... I wasn't much to look at in high school, as I was kind of a runt. But I showed up at my 10 year reunion in a Porsche 914 and everybody heard I was a skydiver (only had a hundred jumps or so at the time) and I get voted "Most Eligible Bachelor"... :D:D

I wonder what awards they'll give out next year? Baldest, fattest, most kids, dorkiest minivan, etc... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You ain't kidding! The captain of my cross country team, who finished 2nd in the state on our state champion team, showed up at our 10 year reunion with a noticable beer belly! :S Some other guys had already gone 80% bald! A lot of the popular girls got fat, drank and smoked. Sheesh... I wasn't much to look at in high school, as I was kind of a runt. But I showed up at my 10 year reunion in a Porsche 914 and everybody heard I was a skydiver (only had a hundred jumps or so at the time) and I get voted "Most Eligible Bachelor"... :D:D

I wonder what awards they'll give out next year? Baldest, fattest, most kids, dorkiest minivan, etc... :D

The most noticable change was this guy who was a drugie. I figured he would be dead by now. He was snorting coke and twice arrested for stealing. He is now a priest. (Not saying one is better than the other:P)

'Unchained Melody' was the first song we danced to as husband and wife, so I remember that moment...and 'Witchcraft' by Sonatra was the song that the DJ forgot to bring that was supposed to be our first dance, so I still think of that moment and how pissed Joe was that the dude forgot our Sonatra! :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

"......driving a short bed chevy, driving my first love out to the Levy. Wishen time would stop right in his tracks."

Sorry I had too.......:)
Song for me that takes me back would have to be.....

Bad: Ozzy...momma I'm coming home. Friend played it 4 times ina row when his mom died senior year in HS. he cried, I cried....it was the first time I showed open emotion to a friend. We hugged, I shut the song off and we talked. he is still one of my best friends ever.

Good: Van Halen's Running with the Devil....me and my friends at Prom.
Good and the one that I truly remember.......
Female friend had a red dress on for prom. DJ didnt play Lady in Red...she was all upset. As she is walking to limo I convinced the DJ to set up 1 speaker and play it for her. She was getting in the limo, I ran up too her and grabbed her hand and perfectly timed the song came on. I asked her if I could have this dance. It was Her and I dancing alone with all the lights on...surrounded by teachers, workers at the hall, and everyone else who was there. No one else danced just us...she cried. her mom heard the story and cried...gave me hug and asked me to marry her daughter. I still think of that night when Ihear that song.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me"

Reminds me of when my best friend in high school and I would drive up and down the beach at spring break in his brand new '87 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

Funny, that one takes me back to beach week right after I graduated high school. It was in heavy rotation on MTV at the time and we'd dance around our condo while pouring tequila shots. Ah, good times.

Red light yellow light green light go!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

***I heard "Red Red Wine" today while I was on hold on the phone and it took me back to riding the school bus in jr. high.

Thanks a lot! [:/]That song reminds me of when I was working down in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.

At least you're finally legal.;)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

There are several songs that take me back - usually associated with an ex. "Amazed" by Lone Star and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf are associated with Kristi in Texas.

"Did You Ever Look so Nice" by the Samples brings me back to Trina. "Bittersweet" by Big Head Todd brings me back to Denise. "Tell Everybody I Know" by Keb Mo brings me back to Steph.

"I was Wrong" by Social Distortion brings back happy memories of a big and positive change in my life.

"Ventura Highway" by America brings me back to my college years when I took the 101 to and from school in Santa Barbara.

So many...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Over the Rainbow makes me think of Rantoul.

So Sunshine, why does it make you think of Rantoul.
Not answering this question would make you seem not to very nice.;)

I heard "Red Red Wine" today while I was on hold on the phone and it took me back to riding the school bus in jr. high.

Jr. High. Youre older than I thought! ;)
Free back rub if you can tell me who WROTE that song.
No INTERNET!
No HELPING!

Thanks chip for reminding me to add Every Rose Has It's Thorn to my fireside jam set list.

:ph34r::Dsad part is I ALREADY know it.:ph34r::D
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Thanks chip for reminding me to add Every Rose Has It's Thorn to my fireside jam set list.

Yep, as soon as I got home I downloaded it to iTunes. And that of course led to a four hour iTune shopping spree.