fpritchett64

Do you charge additional for someone to watch?

Could you be more specific.

Are you talking about riggers packing reserves and doing and inspection, or packers trash packing mains?

If I asked a rigger to supervise me packing my own reserve that I would expect to pay more. The job is going to take longer and is going to involve more babysiting on his or her behalf.

Now just watching is another story. I would understand if it didn't fit into a riggers schedule to have me just sit there and watch, but if they wanted to charge me just for watching I would find a new rigger. [:/]

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Do you charge additional for someone to watch you service their rig?

If she's hot, no.

:D

If you're a customer and your rigger's a hot babe, would you pay extra to watch her pack? :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I invite the owner to stay and watch, keeps me motovaited and keeps me company. Afterwards the customer usally sticks around the house for dinner!
I also have a hanging harness that I like my customers to get into and go thur there ep's before they get a repack and as always they get free main closing loops and half of the money they give me goes to an education fund for the daughter of a skydiver that was killed in a plane crash this year.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

I've wanted to!

But I haven't. I want everyone to watch me pack their rig at least once. But I really do a better job when NOT distracted by the owner and their questions. A past girlfriend and rigging customer promptly said 'I'll just watch you do someone elses.':):S;)

But, it really does take longer, sometimes much longer, to do the work when constantly answering questions or explaining things I think they need to understand. Easily could be twice as long.

So, once, no issue. Continually, it's called rigger training.

While the sport has become more mercenary than brotherhood in the 30 years I've been jumping, charging to watch your own gear packed seems over the top. As above there is a legitimate rational.

There are customers, okay just one, who I made sit in the corner and raise their hand with questions. Because I was finding his head between mine and the rig.>:(

Too few jumpers know how their gear work these days. I want to encourage it as much as I can.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Do you charge additional for someone to watch?

Depends on what my wife thinks of it:D:D

I have watched my rigger assemble, pack and do maint. on my rigs and others, but im a good little bitch, i dont ask alot of questions.B|;):ph34r:
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Extra charges:
$50- if already attempted by owner.

A couple years ago I had someone bring me a brand new container and reserve he had just bought. He had assembled it himself and asked me to check it. I thought it showed commendable interest in learning about his gear.

He'd even done everything correctly - saved me some assembly time!
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

I would not let any rigger touch my gear if they did not allow me to watch at least a couple of their packs.

My rigger is anal about how he does his work, i know this because i have watched him on several occasions, which is why he is My rigger:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Don't mean to thread jack but this question came to mind since I didn't know the rigger...

I bought a used rig a couple months back. The person I bought it from lives out of the area and it was shipped to me. He had his rigger inspect it and everything, and repack the reserve. Now, my reserve card is properly filled out and everything, and this rigger has repacked this reserve a few times in the past years. The lead seal is in place. Would it still be advisable to have a rigger I know and trust repack it, or should everything be fine and dandy? Kind of a judgment call, I know, but what's your take?

wow, i wish you lived near me, awesome man :)

Thanks! I try to give back to the community, the other night I did a rig and when asked how much the danages where I said just pay Tori the daughter of the jumper who was killed in the plane crash what you would have paid me, I got nothing from that repack except knowing that I helped her out.

Back years ago I used to charge a deli sandwich on demand for a repack, If I was busy doing tandems all day i could call upon my customer to run to town and get that subway meal for me. to me that was a better payment then the 50$ I was charging. after I stopped doing tandems I charged but gave half the profit to animal chairty. now Tori gets half.

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com