ripcords

Any school teachers that skydive?

I was wondering how many school teachers are active skydivers.

I am also specifically looking for any school teacher that skydives and lives and works in the Southern Hemisphere.

I figured that the forums of dropzone.com would be the best place to locate any if they exist.

Im going to be a teacher in about 2 years (or 1 1/2 if it works out right) - but i think you knew that already lol.

I know someone in australia who teaches and jumps, shes not a .commer and i haven't talked to her in awhile but i can probably get you her email address if youd like it....

*daizey*

when I was a highschool science teacher, I was jumping. The kids used to like hearing about my skdiving adventures.
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

The lovely and talented Ms. Lewis is in fact a middle school algebra teacher. She has one class of 6th graders, and two each of 7th and 8th graders.

I like it when she puts on her little school teacher outfits...

- Cajones

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

I am an apparel designer, but, about five years ago, I decided to work more with children. Since I have a BFA, I only had to pass a few tests and received my substitute teaching credentials fairly quickly.

I then began to teach in a couple of well-known private schools as both a full-time assistant teacher (who was actually given "head teacher" teaching duties after few daysB|) and, after that job, as a very regular substitute for kindergarten through 5th grade. (Technically, I can also teach adult school, but I enjoy working with the young children, who are learning to read.) I found it to be a very rewarding experience. :)
My first love still remains design, so I felt the need to not become a permanent teacher and to return to design full-time. One day, though, I may decide to settle down as a teacher, again. :)

Oh that's just great, none of my buds remembered that I'm a teacher. I teach sign language at the college, it's now accepted as a foreign language credit, so it keeps me employed. I don't live where you were looking for, I'm in Colorado.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

My wife is a school teacher/skydiver. Just completed her master's in Special Education. Currently working in a high school. Hasn't registered on DZ.com yet, but she'll probably get around to it pretty soon. Northern hemisphere though.

Blues.
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

The lovely and talented Ms. Lewis

:$

is in fact a middle school algebra teacher. She has one class of 6th graders, and two each of 7th and 8th graders.

yup. In LA, that's almost southern Hemisphere right? jk, I don't teach geography.
Seriously, never a dull moment. This is what I hear all day "Lew, Lew, Lew, Lew...."
and yesterday I made a pythagorean triangle problem out of a base jump... If the talus sticks out 8 feet... "lew, Lew, Lew, Lew..." I love making skydiving math problems up. "Lew, Lew, Lew, Lew..."

:S>:(:P:)

[I'm going to beat Cajones with my ruler now]

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[I'm going to beat Cajones with my ruler now]

I remember that first school pic you posted way back when, then followed it up with the "Cousin It" pic...I laughed my ass off. I remember wishing I'D had some teachers with that sense of humor. :D

Fallinwoman is a teacher too....in the Southern Hemisphere of St. Louis. ;)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."