Viking

Pictures of The Groom Lake facility Via Google Earth

hahaha I think the shots show the basic layout of the base but i know that they prepped the Base before the shots were taken, or just edited them afterwards.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Area 51 obviously exists and the government no longer denies it as a reasearch facility. I don't know what goes on underground there and I probably never will. But I personally think Groom Lake is just smoke and mirrors to keep the public looking in one direction while all of our really top secret stuff is thousands of miles away at another base.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

oh ofcourse but the SR-71, U2, F111, B2 were all test flown there so it still makes me wanna go roam around that place!!!

For some reason top secret stuff like just fasinates the ever living hell out of me!! I'd be in heaven roaming around a Missile Silo Complex!!B|B|

if only i had enough to buy one of those that are for sale!!! *swoon*

For some reason top secret stuff like just fasinates the ever living hell out of me!!

Me too. I love that stuff. I'm commissioning into the Air Force this May. I can't wait to get on the inside of some of that. It's probably not as interesting as the Discovery Channel makes it out to be, but if I find any aliens I'll let you know.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

if I find any aliens I'll let you know

you fucking better not i don't want Will Smith showing up and using the flashy memory messer upper thingy.

Area 51 obviously exists and the government no longer denies it as a reasearch facility. I don't know what goes on underground there and I probably never will. But I personally think Groom Lake is just smoke and mirrors to keep the public looking in one direction while all of our really top secret stuff is thousands of miles away at another base.

Rumors of another research place called Area 52 has often been the rumored spot for the real testing.
http://www.dreamlandresort.com/info/ttr.html
http://www.dreamlandresort.com/info/tonopah.htm
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mjpowell/Nellis/Part1/Fig4.htm

There has also been a rumor of a base in Utah that is being used to test another form of space entry or even low level space deployment. The idea is that the vehicle travels on an arc into the lower reaches of space and then lands at either Area 51 or 52.

yeah, if only those missle silos were near a DZ or other interesting place to live.

Usually, they're in the middle of nowhere. Like Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, or Kansas.:(

Ken

Or the air base that hosts the WFFC in Rantoul, IL?

Rumors of another research place called Area 52 has often been the rumored spot for the real testing.
http://www.dreamlandresort.com/info/ttr.html
http://www.dreamlandresort.com/info/tonopah.htm
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mjpowell/Nellis/Part1/Fig4.htm

There has also been a rumor of a base in Utah that is being used to test another form of space entry or even low level space deployment. The idea is that the vehicle travels on an arc into the lower reaches of space and then lands at either Area 51 or 52.

I really do admire the US government's ability to fool the public into thinking exactly what they want them to think.

Know that what you think you know and what you know are entirely two different things and only what the US government allows...at least concerning Area 51 and any secret government/military facility.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

oh ofcourse but the SR-71, U2, F111, B2 were all test flown there so it still makes me wanna go roam around that place!!!

Yeah but then the operational facilities for thos A/C turned out to be elsewhere. The SR-71 was at Beale AFB, the F117 was Mather AFB.......

Edwards has had some pertty cool and secret shit tested there....

I'd be in heaven roaming around a Missile Silo Complex!!

You're going to the holliday boogie, right? This is totally worth a side trip! I went about 3 years ago and will go back.

http://www.pimaair.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=51
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

fuckin A dude!! I'm up for it!!:)
edit: for the tour of the complex.......not the jumpin!!! Can you say Razor wire?:o:oB|B|

$20 if you get someone to take you upwind of there at around 14k and do a cross country into the facility ;)

Still new to the forum-I drop in on occasion. If I may add some insight- As to the cross country? Trust me-you WOULD regret that cross country for the rest of your life!! Wonder what a Blackhawk looks like? At 14K? Not friendly at all!!

Google Earth is the "civilian" version (and quite outdated) of hopefull "we wanna-know all that the govt. is doing" people out there.

-Sats have orbits!
-Orbits ARE timed!
-Those "In the Know" know "when" said Sats come overhead!
-And yes, those pics are old-the 16's would not (and DO NOT) have to taxi that far!

Trust Me:)

DAMN IT! Now all you guys got me wanting to re-download that damn program! I re-formated my laptop recently, and never saw the need to get it again, but now you guys got me interested! :P

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

I just typed in "Area 51" and it took me right to it. The picture hasn't changed in atleast 2 years. I saw these pics quite some time ago, and I noticed some local things in my area that date the images back atleast 4 years.

Here are some pictures I was checing out. I was stationed at Ft. Benning at 3rd Ranger Battalion.

yeah, if only those missle silos were near a DZ or other interesting place to live.

Usually, they're in the middle of nowhere. Like Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, or Kansas.:(

Ken

I use to work at those "fascinatin" North Dakota missile sites. I felt Like I was trapped in the movie Fargo. Nothing could make you want to hang yourself quicker than that kind fascination!

If you want to actually take part in something cutting edge and secret go to scaled composites in mojave and apply as one of the young "motivated" soon-to-be-skilled hands on the projects of the next stage of human space flight guys they are asking for. You won't see any UFOs but I'm sure you will be saturated in epoxy and carbon dust along with some ET types.

And you really believe that Google Earth will be given the benefit of close-up shots of Area 51? Get real !!!!!!!!

Those pictures are as reliable as the "pristine bullet theory" shoved down our throats by the Warren Commission....

My $1.00 - $0.98

:)

The arms race treaty with Russia allows flybys of satalites so that photo's can be taken. Area 51 knows when these happen of course so they just hide everything when they do fly over to take photo's. Besides lots of the photo's on google earth are old. I looked up the big easy after katrina, and the city looked intact to me.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker