lisamariewillbe

What do I do... YOU decide

Theres a big sounding animal in my fireplace... it appears he or she is on the little thingy that blocks the chimney from the stack thing... should I pull the lever to let the little or big guy fall down or do I just let him stay there and make a bunch of noise ?????
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

get a big fish net then open the lever. Have the door to outside alread open. Scoop and run toward the door. Then let us know how it went.
Poor guy is all sooty and needs a bath so have the hose ready to rinse him off.
It's probably a bird, could be a racoon. Santa ?

Get down on all fours and bark like a dog to try to scare him and then stand up and put your hands in your armpits and start walking around quacking like a duck and then go to the kitchen and right die on a popcycle stick and shove it up your ass.

This should solve the problem.

:|

As much as I dearly love raccoons (I feed wild raccoons every night), if it is a wild raccoon in your chimney, you don't want it inside. They are among my favorite creatures, but they are truly dangerous animals.

I'm with Rhonda Lea on this one. Call Animal Control.

Having said that, I will admit to being a total hypocrite. I would open the flue just enough to try and see what kind of animal it is. I don't recommend that you or anyone else act as retarded as I do, though.

edited to add:
This is raccoon mating season and they can get really mean this time of year. If it is a pregnant raccoon looking for a nice cozy place to have her young, making some noise by banging a metallic object (like a wrench) against the flue would probably get the raccoon to look elsewhere.

Walt

Why does everyone have to call someone to solve life's little problems ? That's what's wrong with this country, nobody can do anything for themselves.
Gotta call 911 and shit. Lisa, go get a net. And don't forget to get video. Wear gloves, hat and extra clothing. Have a gun handy if you want. Embrace your indepdence from the government.

:P not nice.... I kept him locked in the basement, dont know howd he get in the chimney

Bwa-hahahahahahahaha...
Well, that answers that! Call animal control! It's either a 'coon, a bird or possum or something like that.

Chuck

Don't open it.

Call your local municipal Animal Control, and let them know you have an animal in the chimney.

I second that.

Nope, you're third. Or maybe even fourth. :D

And poor Rebecca, who was first, hasn't even gotten credit for the only good idea in the thread. :S

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Don't open it.

Call your local municipal Animal Control, and let them know you have an animal in the chimney.

I second that.

Nope, you're third. Or maybe even fourth. :D

And poor Rebecca, who was first, hasn't even gotten credit for the only good idea in the thread. :S

rl

Awwww Rhonda!! You sweet woman! And here I was muttering, "I thought of it too... [:/]"

Rarely do I get credit for the only good idea... :D:D B|B|

Thanks. :)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?