UntamedDOG

Fucked up movie about 9/11

It’s been just over 4 years and already, Hollywood is cranking out a movie about 9/11 called "Flight 93" http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/01/movies/01timm.html?ex=1293771600&en=f5a28a31bbbc6611&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Does anyone really need to see this movie?

Is it me, or is this whole project in bad taste?

It just goes to show, nothing is sacred.

I have no desire to relive this horrible tragedy.

UntamedDOG

I dunno. It all depends on how the movie is made.

Ever see Tora, Tora, Tora or Saving Private Ryan? How about Schindler's List or Life is Beautiful?

Just because the story is about a real life tragedy, doesn't automatically mean it's disrepectful.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ever see Tora, Tora, Tora or Saving Private Ryan? How about Schindler's List or Life is Beautiful?

The difference is the timeframe. Schindlers List and Saving Private Ryan were made about our grandparent’s generation. 2 generations down the line.

Perhaps a movie released on the 10th anniversary would be more palatable. That way, the kids who were too young to remember 9/11 can see what happened and understand it. Right now, it feels like 9/11 happened yesterday. We have no perspective yet. The period in history hasn’t played itself out yet.

You want to play the devils advocate? OK! Yes, you can make your movie, and make millions exploiting these events for pure profit. That doesn’t mean I appreciate the history lesson. It is almost insulting to make a movie this soon.

Chinese absinth no good ??

I heard there's an absinthe bar in Beijing. We're packing tonight, selling the furniture, heading up there, and pull a Colonel Kurtz.:|

The face is merely a case of chin chin kai kai as our rising sunner neighbours would say.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I dunno. It all depends on how the movie is made.

Just because the story is about a real life tragedy, doesn't automatically mean it's disrepectful.

These days, if something is out of Hollywood and is about the US, it's general very disrespectful.

Walt

The Deer Hunter was released 6 years after the end of the Vietnam war.

Movies have always been art for profit or the artists drop dead of starvation and don't produce any more art. It is naive to believe otherwise, but that does not mean that it has no value beyond financial.

Without seeing the finished product it's tough to say how the movie is going to turn out, but given the psyche of the country I'd imagine it will be respectful if the director expects to retain all of his limbs and life after the movie's public release.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

It’s been just over 4 years and already, Hollywood is cranking out a movie about 9/11 called "Flight 93" http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/01/movies/01timm.html?ex=1293771600&en=f5a28a31bbbc6611&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Does anyone really need to see this movie?

I have no desire to relive this horrible tragedy.

UntamedDOG

You should check out Path to Paradise. It is about the first bombing in the early 90's. The last line in the movie is with the terrorist looking at the twin towers and says "Next time we will bring them both down!" Freaked me out, the first time I saw it was after 9/11. Freaky sh#*

Probably not half as bad taste as "The Ringer." Nothing sacred indeed when an entire movie is made to make fun of people with a handicap. I doubt "The Ringer" is very funny to someone who has to live with that handicap everyday of their lives. It would be like making another "Airplane" movie and centering the comedy around the 9/11 tragedy.

I have zero interest in seeing the movie. I hope it flops.... big time.

Are you wearing contacts?:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I love how shortsighted Americans can be in the midst of a tragedy. I remember all of these Hollywood execs and entertainment professionals saying just after 9/11 that there would never be a 9/11 movie because the subject is just too real and too personal to America. I laughed and assured anyone within earshot there would be a 9/11 movie within ten years.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I don't see what's so "fucked up" about it. Flight 93 was the one in which the passengers rose up & fought against the terrorists, preventing the plane from reaching Washington.

It all depends on how the movie's done. I don't see how anyone could pre-judge this as being fucked up without having seen it first.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

i didn't say it was f-ed up, i just don't want to watch it. Watching the trailer, I kept waiting to hear "let's roll".

i don't need a movie to relive that morning. i remember EXACTLY where I was when I heard about the first plane collision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i don't need a movie to relive that morning. i remember EXACTLY where I was when I heard about the first plane collision

That’s how I feel about it. What could possibly be told about flight 93 that is not already known. Anything added in this movie is pure speculation. I can already tell by the trailers that it will be a manipulative, over dramatized, sappy tear jerker. I really hope people aren’t interested in rushing out to see this movie when it opens.

It doesn’t really matter to me if the movie is good or bad. I just feel wrong about walking up to a ticket booth and paying 10 bucks to see something that is a total fictionalization of the true events. Do I want to see a director’s interpretation/fantasy? If the director knows something about what happened on that plane, the public should not have to pay for that information.

Maybe I’m giving Americans too much credit. We are the stupidest people on the planet. I hope this movie is a blockbuster smash that wins an Academy award!!!!!

YA DUDE!! 9/11 ROCKS!!!

Political correctness and oversensitivity are getting out of hand in this country. Don't wanna see the film? Don't see it.

America's death will be caused by toxic shock due to a subovarian silicate mass: Sand in the vagina.
cavete terrae.