What's the average price of a 1 or 2 bed flat (apartment) where you live?

Where I live, apartments are things you rent by the month. Condominiums are things that look like apartments except that you buy them. I asked awhile back whether the terms were interchangeable in some cities (seeing the purchase price of an apartment in Manhattan), but didn't get a very good answer.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Where I live, apartments are things you rent by the month. Condominiums are things that look like apartments except that you buy them. I asked awhile back whether the terms were interchangeable in some cities (seeing the purchase price of an apartment in Manhattan), but didn't get a very good answer.

Blues,
Dave

I always wondered what a condo was, thanks for that:)
Ok what's the price of a 1 or 2 bed condo in your area?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

arad romania
1 bed+1 living 35.000 EURO in a good zone
2 bed+1living 40.000 euro
a house with 3 bedrooms+living+3 bathrooms+garden+1 room = 100-150.000 euro

it`s a very good market to invest in... in one year we`ll join EU and the price will explode...

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

I just sold a tiny 2 bed flat in Aberdeen for 90k, and last year bought a 4 bed house 30 mins away with a garden, huge kitchen /diner, big lounge, and fek orff conservatory for 200k.
No more city shit for me.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Funny in south america we call it apartments too here in the US is condos, just got 2/2 pre construction for $360,000 I expect to make 30% once is done in a year or so here in the very explosive real state market of West Palm Beach F.L
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Where I live, apartments are things you rent by the month. Condominiums are things that look like apartments except that you buy them.

Where I live, they're taking all the apartment buildings and turing them into condos. Most of them are around at $200,000 and up, way more than I paid for my house just 3 years ago.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Depends on where you go. We've got riverfront condos with a yacht club just out the back door and a golf course across the street out front that run from $300,000-$500,000, and I know of very nice, new-ish condos without those luxuries that run around $200,000. I don't know of any 1 bedrooms, and 2 bedroom units aren't all that common. Property is cheap enough where I live that most people just build/buy houses. A couple years ago the gal I was with and I built a new house on a quarter acre lot for $168,000... 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, 2200 finished square feet. Why would we want to share walls/ceilings/floors with others when we can have that much more privacy for less?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Depends on where you go. We've got riverfront condos with a yacht club just out the back door and a golf course across the street out front that run from $300,000-$500,000, and I know of very nice, new-ish condos without those luxuries that run around $200,000. I don't know of any 1 bedrooms, and 2 bedroom units aren't all that common. Property is cheap enough where I live that most people just build/buy houses. A couple years ago the gal I was with and I built a new house on a quarter acre lot for $168,000... 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, 2200 finished square feet. Why would we want to share walls/ceilings/floors with others when we can have that much more privacy for less?

Blues,
Dave

Oh to live somewhere with sanity in the property market [:/]

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Paid 118,000 u.s.d. for my 2 bed 2 bath condo. Not the largest place, but I like the location. About 15 miles from downtown atlanta, but I'm right by the river which is a national forest area so it's pretty nice. 2 bed 2 baths up the hill from me are 150,000. Downtown 2 bed 2 baths, your lookin at 250,000 up to 1 million or more.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I think out in the 'burbs here in NorCal, condo = townhouse in terminology. You BUY them, apartments you RENT. I tell people I own a 'condo', but I guess it is technically a townhouse since I enter from the outside, I have two floors (I only share side walls) and I have large bedroom size front and back fenced-in areas.

I paid 230K for mine almost 3 years ago and could sell for about 350K right now. This is about 50 miles north of SF (The "City").

Funny in south america we call it apartments too here in the US is condos, just got 2/2 pre construction for $360,000 I expect to make 30% once is done in a year or so here in the very explosive real state market of West Palm Beach F.L

Yeah, I actually feel I got a steal on my 2 bedroom condo in Boca for 250k
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

just sold my flat in East London, zone 2 for just over £200k - the one next door to mine (different layout) sold 6 weeks later for £250k!

tash

edited to add: both flats have 2 bedrooms
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe