WhoseNuts

UGH!! I am getting so anxious

Ok folks, I am pretty sure this isnt the place to really do it, but i gotta let it out so people can see what we NUTS do for our passion.

I am a Marine here in the Al Anbar Province (Iraq--for those of you who dont know geography) staying current on DZ.com and reading almost every night. I learn something new everytime i get on this site. I like it, it makes a few hours go by. I have 11 MORE months left here. YES,I SAID MONTHS... I know it sucks... but with the money I am saving, i am able to pay off Misc bills, and buy a crap load of jumps/gear! I can't wait until I am finally able to look out that door!! I hope everyone stays safe! If you guys get bored and wanna email or something, you can reach me at [email protected] This money is just burning a hole in my pocket, and I wanna buy my rig already! I already have the rig picked out, colors and everything! I am so excited.... Ok well I think i am done ranting and raving, like I said I apologize for posting here, but I see alot of people in this forum....

BLUE SKIES
Kyle

Brother, there's no need for you to apologize for writing to any of the forums - anytime.
Keep us posted.
Like the OP said, consider ordering your gear and having it shipped to your DZ.
Perhaps some family member could pick it up for you and hang on to it?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Ok folks, I am pretty sure this isnt the place to really do it, but i gotta let it out so people can see what we NUTS do for our passion.

Yup, bonfire would be. :P
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Thanks for your service. You ever get to Vinton Iowa first lift is on me. If I ever get to your DZ same thing
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

My hat's off to you for serving. Thanks, Kyle.
Keep your head down with your sights on target.

If you ever make it to the left coast, stop in at The Farm. Load 1 on me.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I am just couting the months right now, i watch skydivingmovies.com all the time. I want to buy my rig already, i am just unsure exactly what i should do... should i just buy the damn thing or just wait until i get back in the air and talk to my instructors again. I stopped at a 190, but everyone has their own view on it, I just dont quite know what i want to do.....

POPS--- Dude, I am planning on taking about 45 days leave when i get back and FOCUS on skydiving, thats all i plan on doing. My home DZ would be Skydive Sandiego. Thats where i am based out of!! Thanks for everyones support!! Keep in touch with me! I love hearing and reading new skydive stuff!!

Semper Fidelis and BLUE SKIES

Quite frankly, if you're going to be getting current and jumping for awhile (i.e. you're not getting deployed again pretty soon), then you might want to set yourself up with rental gear for the first 30-50 jumps back or so, and use that to find an appropriate size. But a 1:1 wing loading is not unreasonable to shoot for, and if you order that right now, then you can transition to it.

Most of the time I recommend that someone new get used gear. But you have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket, don't you :ph34r: (and you're earning it!). Go ahead, order what you want, and just budget for rental gear. Plus military get really good discounts on some equipment right now.

Look at the "your first rig" articles on dz.com (I think they're in the safety tab). Talk to folks at your home dz. And if you get a short leave, then get measured. Delivery time for rigs can vary depending on the manufacturer, and it'd sure be nice to have your gear ready the day you're ready to jump it.

1:1 can last you a long, long time if you really want to learn your canopy.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Kyle,

Send me your FPO and I'll send you the mags each months. I work at a dz with lots of Navy and Marines. I have envelopes going out monthly to them. But at least the Navy is only a 6 month tour. I mean WTF! Did they get you for a 15 month tour?

I have some good guys (fair skydivers) headed your way in April. Maybe you can form a skydiver support group. LOL.

Keep your head down and your spirits up. See you on a dz somewhere... sometime....

bon