ccowden

Parachutist cover is ugly as sin!

I don't get Parachutist, but I may know the shot. Is it three guys backtracking wearing Gatorz T-shirts? Photoshop is a wonderful thing :)

Im pretty sure that shot (Team Off Track) is not photoshoped, they have two cuts in the t-shirts and there chest strap through them, So that the Gatorz logo is clear... does that make sense ?
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

got it -

It's hard to see the 400 way, but if you let your eyes go a bit unfocused, you can see the space shuttle and a pony

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

That's a pony??? I thought it was a lobster!

hey, you aren't allowed to enjoy this thread.

Not after your repeated comments about skydiving achievements being a waste of time and effort (:P:P:P;):ph34r:)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I understand the accomplishment and significance of the photo, but damn it is ugly! Bland colors, doesn't grab your eye, hard to see the formation, cluttered looking..... You have to really strain to see the formation against the dull, crowded background. It is a good thing most readers get it with their USPA membership, cuz no one would want to pick it up!

Sure, it is a great photo, and pretty amazing, but is there no thought put into what a cover should be? I would think you want something colorful and eye-catching, that grabs your attention. I mean, just because it is the big accomplishment of the moment, does it HAVE to be the cover?

I am not taking away anything from the accomplishment or the photographer. I just think it looks like crap on the cover.

Worrrrrrrrd! I'm with you Bra!

That's a pony??? I thought it was a lobster!

Ha - you can't see it - it's a sailboat not a scooner!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

(This post was edited by turtlespeed on Mar 8, 2006, 12:28 PM)

So, uh, what was the edit for? ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

typo's and personal attacks:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Blues,
Dave

typo's and personal attacks:)

Oh, well I guess that's ok. Now please go fetch me a schooner of beer. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>you can see the space shuttle and a pony

Everyone likes ponies.

yes, yes, they're very tasty, but I thought we were talking about geeking the camera

>you can see the space shuttle and a pony

Everyone likes ponies.

yes, yes, they're very tasty, but I thought we were talking about geeking the camera

This isn't a gun thread?:o

It's interesting that both Parachutist and Skydiving have used the same photographer(Hans Berggren), although different orientations, I assume from two different cameras on the same helmet. However, to me the picture seems a lot better in Skydiving. For one, it is a lot bigger. Secondly I think the orientation works better. And thirdly, I don't know if it's like it on the film, has been altered someway, or just that it is printed on different paper, but it seems clearer in Skydiving. Oh, and it hasn't got a huge great big logo all over it :-D

Did both publications think it was the best picture or is there another reason?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Wow, I hadn't even gotten past my furry friends on the cover to notice!

What, do you have secret government connections? How did you become so influential?

So, flex your muscles, who shot JFK, and was the moon landing a fake? Who is Kofka? TELL ME!! I want answers!!

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome