RkyMtnHigh

Dot Dot Dotters of the dz.com world

I've noticed that there are several of us that are dot dot dotters(....):D

I just wonder why we do it. Are we thinking, pausing, trying to make a point or thought to ponder? About a year or so ago, someone originally questioned if a PM was really from me then said "I know it's really you because of your typing style with the ....":ph34r:

Interesting personality trait, wouldn't ya say? Just a random profound thought...:D

I just wonder why we do it. Are we thinking, pausing, trying to make a point or thought to ponder? About a year or so ago, someone originally questioned if a PM was really from me then said "I know it's really you because of your typing style with the ....":ph34r:

Interesting personality trait, wouldn't ya say? Just a random profound thought...:D

The elipsis is a wonderful thing. You can use it to indicate deleted material or a pause or the trailing off of a thought. Long live the dots!

Walt

I'm happy to find out that there are dotters out there:D. It's all good!;)

My favorite, though, is dash dash (--).

Walt

oooooooooooh dashes...haven't seen those. Whatcha think those mean?

I use them a lot to join to related thoughts or to do a stronger emphasized offset than commas can provide. For some reason, i don't like semicolons. They annoy me. They don't really do the job that dashes do.

Walt

Has anyone ever told you you're frigg'n cute? Anyways... I think it's quite normal to use the ellipsis, but as far as personality traits go, It's the people who use it inaccurately. As..... in..... everything..... they.....write..... like......so...... that you pick up on.

---
xenaswampjumper SPANKS THIS ASS!!! I WISH karenmeal spanked this ass too.....

Has anyone ever told you you're frigg'n cute?

Yes, someone has.;)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2123308;#2123308

For the record, I'm also a dot...dot...dotter. It's conversation grammar for the internet.:|

Has anyone noticed that BillVon is an underscore_underscore_underscorer? He's so much smarter than us dot...dotters.:P

Chris