DSE

Safety Day Numbers

There was about 50 people at Ogden. 9 loads in the Caravan. I made my first jump since the shoulder surgery. Just a hop n pop but it was good to get back in the air. Two AFF grads and 18 tandems. Winds were up in the AM but calmed down in the afternoon. Not bad for March.
Onward and Upward!

We probably had 50-60 at Skydance today. Safety Day presentations and a pancake breakfast from 8-10:30, and jumping all day. The day turned out to be beautiful between two fronts - chilly and cloudy while we listened to the seminars, and a storm moving in by the end of the day.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

We had probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 people. We spent all day in the hangar going over basically the entire first jump course, start to finish. Last year was a bad year for our dropzone in that we had a plane crash resulting in two fatalities and a fatality due to EP's being initiated too low, so we spent a great deal of time on equipment and especially RSL usage and aircraft emergency procedures. Safety Day is a huge deal at our dropzone every year and we never really plan on getting loads up. Sometimes perhaps 1 or 2 but with the recent events that we've had here in particular we took advantage of the number of skydivers on the dropzone and used that time to promote safety to help insure a great season this year. It was a great time and I think a lot of great information was put forth. I believe there were many people that took quite a bit away from the seminars and I am hopeful that this year we'll have A LOT more to be thankful for.

I hope everyone else out there had a great Safety day as well.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

We had 30+ people at our Safety Day in Wisconsin. The weather was beautiful. We didn't jump much though, everyone who participated in every session of safety day got a discounted jumping day in march. We would rather have them inside even though it's nice out so they can start thinking about how to stay safe!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

We had 26 at Rochester Skydivers in upstate NY, which is a good turn out for a small DZ in March in NY. We don't usually jump at all on Safety Day in order to keep everyone's attention, but it was actually about 50 degrees so we couldn't help ourselves. We only made 3 loads since many didn't bring their gear. We had a couple people get recurrent and the first tandem of the year. It was a great day!
Well behaved women don't often make history.

Not as many as in some past years, but the plan was outstanding!

We had 5 stations and at each station you drew a card from a deck. Whomever had the best 5 card hand at the end of the day won a free jump!

FYI, the stations were ...

1) Line twists from a hanging harness
2) PLFs
3) gear checks
4) emergency procedure with mock up rig on
5) while on a jump, release one toggle to induce spin and look for handles in spin before releasing other toggle. This was done above 3K

steveOrino

Number 5 I thought was a great idea Spanky had every up jumper do at Cushing, OK. Funny where your handles really are when your under a spinner. :o

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

We are a smaller 182 drop zone and we had about 30 people show up. The weather cooperated and we were able to jump after. It was in the mid 50's and high clouds at Skydive Wayne County in Richmond, Indiana.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

We probably had 50-60 at Skydance today. Safety Day presentations and a pancake breakfast from 8-10:30, and jumping all day. The day turned out to be beautiful between two fronts - chilly and cloudy while we listened to the seminars, and a storm moving in by the end of the day.

Was there.. georgous day even tho it was chilly. Unfortunatly because of a nasty head cold, I wasnt able to jump that day. Enjoyed myself just the same. Thanks Skydance!! I'll be there soon gettin a little attitude altitude! blues
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.