shropshire

Cooking ... What's your signature dish...

You see, the only way to cook rack of lamb is rare (all great chefs will agree with this) .

This is generally true about Blackened Tuna as well... Crispy and black on the outside and uncooked on the inside... (fewer people are squeamish about this though.)

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

This is generally true about Blackened Tuna as well... Crispy and black on the outside and uncooked on the inside...

My mouth is watering just thinking about that.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Mexican Chicken. It's not a Mexican dish at all but it has a tex-mex flavor. It is super easy and everyone loves it.

Items needed:
1 large bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
3 large chicken breasts (boiled until done)
1 can of diced green chilies
2 cups of the water that you used to boil the chicken
shredded cheese

Boil chicken and dice up. Line a pan with Doritos. Pour a mixture of the soup, green chilies and water over Doritos. Spread chicken over mixture evenly.Top with more Doritos. Cover entire dish with cheese.

Bake 350 degrees for 20 mins or until cheese has melted and the dish is super hot. This can also be frozen for latter use. You can also put a dab of sour cream over each serving.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Can you do this dish on a BBQ at the Rainbow Boogie???

Uh, no fucking way! Searing foie gras takes a proper pan and reliable heat. This meal requires FOUR independent burners, and at least one good oven; two is better. I assume we want some veggies (ie haricots verte or asparagus depending on the season).

I soooooo want to meet you Narci and talk food. Better yet, lets cook some food, eat it and talk about more food! OMFG!

Absolutely. No tournedos rossini but camp food is even better. Hell, ANYTHING tastes good when it's cooked outside. I'll bring along some of my famous merguez or bottifara sausages, we'll roast them on sticks, and pass the bota bag.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Rack of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade.

Gosh I tend to wing this one but here is my recollection.

2 8-rib racks average size

>3/4 cup Olive Oil
>3-4 tbsp Rosemary

mix ingredients and coat racks evenly. let marinade in small tray/dish in fridge for at leats 8 hours (or up to a day)

Best done in a Rotisserie oven if you have one (I swear by mine). If not barbecue medium to high heat. About 20-25 minutes till rare/medium rare(Insert meat thermometer it should read 125-130 degrees farenheit. Remove and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Cut into individual chops and serve. Your choice of veg and potato.

Enjoy

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

chicken saltimbocca.

Get a boneless chicken breast, lay a slice of proscuitto over it, lay down some chopped spinach that was mixed with extra-virgin olive oil and ground pepper, then sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese. roll it up, stick toothpicks to hold the roll, cook medium-high in olive oil to get slight brown, then add one cup of chicken broth and let boil covered till chicken is thoroughly cooked and broth is reduced to use as a glaze.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I have a few that are pretty damned good.

Mustard-dill crusted Broiled Salmon with Basil Sauce and Pico de Gallo

Take salmon filets and rub them with a mixture of olive oil, mustard, dill, red wime vinegar, salt and pepper. Broil them.

For the basil sauce, mix
Sautee
- TB of olive oil
- Chopped shallots (shallots rock, folks)
- Chopped garlic

Add and reduce
- about 1/2 cup of white white
- 2 cans of chicken stock

Add and reduce
- A cup of heavy cream

Blend the cream mixture with
- 2 or 3 bunches of blanched basil leaves
- Some chopped parsley and mint
- Salt and pepper

Take the salmon out and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Top it with the sauce and maybe drizzle some diced tomatoes on it.

Now the kicker - Add some pico de gallo. Make your own - it's easy. Onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, chili peppers, cilantro, liime juice, salt and pepper.

Pair it with a good ale.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

late last night I made something I haven't had in a while"

slice a ripe banana into a bowl. Pour orange juice on it. eat with a spoon.

YUM! The banana flavor mellows out the sharp tangy flavor of the OJ. YUM.. better than ice cream.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Stuffed Peppers is my specialty. The way i make 'em is the best ever.

You must make them exactly the way my mom does. Holy yum.

Mine is leek and potato soup. The key is white pepper and thyme.

I just ate and now I'm hungry again. Damn you people!
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I love to cook for people, but what I would make for a vegan friend would be much different from what I would make for a carnivore... so it's hard to pick just one dish. Below is a recipe that I make that is a favorite at more than one DZ. The only complaint I've gotten is from the vegans.

...layers of brownies, caramel, melted chocolate chips, trail mix, and more caramel...

Trail Mix Brownies

1 package Brownie Mix
Eggs, Vegetable Oil, per brownie mix
3 cups Trail Mix
50 light-colored Caramels
1/3 cup Evaporated Milk
6 oz. Chocolate Chips

Prepare the brownie mixture, following directions on the box. Place one cup of trail mix in a plastic bag and gently break the large nuts. Stir into the brownie mixture.

Pour into a Bakers Joy sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake according to instructions on the box.

In a heavy medium-size saucepan, combine caramels and evaporated milk. Warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.

Remove brownies from the oven and pour half of the melted caramel on top, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the caramel and let melt slightly. Add the remaining trail mix and press lightly. Drizzle on the remaining melted caramel sauce to hold the trial mix on the brownies.

When cool, cut the brownies into squares, cover and transport in the pan to prevent drying. Makes 24 brownies.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Mexican Chicken. It's not a Mexican dish at all but it has a tex-mex flavor. It is super easy and everyone loves it.

Items needed:
1 large bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
3 large chicken breasts (boiled until done)
1 can of diced green chilies
2 cups of the water that you used to boil the chicken
shredded cheese

Boil chicken and dice up. Line a pan with Doritos. Pour a mixture of the soup, green chilies and water over Doritos. Spread chicken over mixture evenly.Top with more Doritos. Cover entire dish with cheese.

Bake 350 degrees for 20 mins or until cheese has melted and the dish is super hot. This can also be frozen for latter use. You can also put a dab of sour cream over each serving.

Me thinks me will try this. It sounds muy good.

Thank you,

Richards

Rock on! Put a "Mexican Chicken" thread on the Bonfire telling me how you liked it. B|

I can cook some fancy-schmancy shit, but my simple Mexican Chicken casserole has people doing the Cabbage Patch.

Enjoy. :)
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M