Gawain

Update: My half leg, broken body and recovery

Glad to hear things are going in a better direction now.
We're looking forward to seeing you in the sky again as well.
-Grant & Family

Do you think the war was worth your leg? I am genuinely curious.

Whilst questioning the validity of any conflict, in general, is a worthy enough question........
I think it stinks in this thread.

This guy was doing his duty.......orders passed down from the leader of his country.
He got injured in the line of duty ...

Whether or not the conflict is 'valid' or not was not a decision he had to make.

Where duty is served there is honour........and that deserves respect.

Whilst questioning the validity of any conflict, in general, is a worthy enough question........

This guy was doing his duty.......orders passed down from the leader of his country.

Whether or not the conflict is 'valid' or not was not a decision he had to make.

VERY WELL SAID

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

I'm not sure if you're a troll or just happend to post a highly inappropriate question in the wrong thread.

Regardless if he thinks it was worth it or not, he is dealing with a traumatic event and remaining positive, strong, and courageous. This thread is not to debate to validity of the war, it is to encourage an incredible person at a hard time in his life.

How he lost his leg is irrelevant, how he is dealing with that loss is nothing short of amazing.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

I read this quote in the wee hours right after it was posted. I was instantly pissed.

All wars suck...there isnt a good one.
As a veteran of a long ago war....let me say this, Gawain went and did his job....honorably, and paid a very high price.
If the poster of this assinine and inapropriate question ( for this forum anyway) really wants an answer.....go look Gawain up and ask him to his face.

bozo USN

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I read this quote in the wee hours right after it was posted. I was instantly pissed.

All wars suck...there isnt a good one.
As a veteran of a long ago war....let me say this, Gawain went and did his job....honorably, and paid a very high price.
If the poster of this assinine and inapropriate question ( for this forum anyway) really wants an answer.....go look Gawain up and ask him to his face.

bozo USN

nah let Max rest, the poster who seems to be having a problem with normal thought can come and talk to me about it, and I will counsel him properly on the matter.;)

Inah let Max rest, the poster who seems to be having a problem with normal thought can come and talk to me about it, and I will counsel him properly on the matter.;)

The people here that know me personally know that I have no problem with face to face debate.
Please invite me along to help with the "counciling"

bozimbo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

If the poster of this asinine and inappropriate question really wants an answer.....go look Gawain up and ask him to his face.

And while you are there, THANK HIM for his sacrifice, his honor, sense of duty...his commitment to OUR country!

On second thought...don't ask Gawain anything.
If you don't already KNOW the answer to that stupid question, you never will!

What the HELL are you thinking?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Are you always this uncompassionate concerning other people's pain and suffering or are you just a troll asking to be banned? I am genuinely curious.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Is throwing a jab in at the guy worth letting everyone know you are an ass?

I fixed your question for you.

Editted to add: So ya beat me by a minute or two, Walt. Glad to see great minds ...

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Is throwing a jab in at the guy worth letting everyone know you are an ass?

I fixed your question for you.

Editted to add: So ya beat me by a minute or two, Walt. Glad to see great minds ...

I'm really quite impressed at the lack of serious PAs on the guy. I doubt he is faring so well in his PM in box, though.

Gawain, I hope you are able to completely diregard that post. The rest of us are behind you 100%. You have our respect, admiration, and heartfelt thanks for your service and sacrifice.

Walt

I second that.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Ok, I'll admit that I got a purple heart too, but It looks like you tried a little harder for yours.;) Your cool attitude indicates you are on the fast track to heal. Like it or not, you are one of America's heroes, and don't forget it.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I'm really quite impressed at the lack of serious PAs on the guy.

I'm not. It's what I expect from those who are dignified.

Gawain, I hope you are able to completely diregard that post.

I don't. What if Max doesn't want to disregard it? I'll defer to him. Maybe in the future, when he's ready, he'll have a response. Whatever that response may be, I'll stand by him in it.

Max, congratulations on your continuing improvement.:)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Whoa dude.. Tottally crude and rude.

Perhaps you might want to join up and find out for yourself OVER THERE.

A lot of our young people are serving this country.... a HELL of a lot more ARE NOT...

Personally I am glad there ARE those out there like Max who are willing to serve and unfortunatly who end up giving so much.>:(

Even when you're in the Bonfire, your threads turn into Speaker's Corner!:D

You looked really, really great! I had to use you as a motivator for my troops over the last few days. We conducted a Night/Combat Equipment/Tactical Jump, marched 20K, took trans to a range, then conducted a Reflexive Fire (M4) - about 36 hours straight training. My guys are the support guys (cooks and mechanics), but they train hard and do their jobs knowing there's guys like you out on the front line knocking down doors and fighting the war on terror so that they don't have to. AND, they're happy to do it! We each play our part and I'm such a believer!

Your life has many new challenges but you didn't seem to dwell on the challenges but the opportunities and moving on with your wife. That's awesome.

Hope to see you again soon!

Kt

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Even when you're in the Bonfire, your threads turn into Speaker's Corner!:D

Tell me about it! Maybe I should request a change of venue? :P

You looked really, really great!

You should see me now. Things are going very well. Stay tuned for another update in the near future. B| Hopefully, I'll have some more pics too.

Hope to see you again soon!

You too Captain!

...And to everyone, I'm at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC, I'll be there for at least another two or three months...longer...that's up to me. But, send a message if you want to swing by and say hello!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Dude you rock. You are totally upbeat about everything. I hope you make progress quickly. Allthough judging from your kick ass attitude, and based on the number of patients I have delt with I know you will recover quickly.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Hello Max aka Gawain,

I never met you, but hope to some day.

I just wanted to let you know that I have named my new puppy after you.
I'm calling her Max.

She was born about the time you earned your Purple Heart.

My dog's name always have to mean something, well except for my first two dogs. I can't remember how I came up with Pete and Katie. They were short and sweet names.

Phoenix was a replacement for Katie, who died of lymphosarcoma.
RePete is the replacement for Pete.

Now, Max symbolizes your courage and growth in a new world with new challenges.
Raising a puppy does have its challenges, but no where near what you'll go through. So every time I take Max for a walk or train her sit, stay, down or come, I'll think of you.

Max will learn a lot of new things in the coming months. RePete is teaching her how to wrestle and chase cats out of the yard. It will be a lot of fun and a new adventure.

I wish the real Max the very best in recovery. Thank you for your service to our country.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker