NewClearSports

Skyhook Equiped Containers ?

UPT: V3 M-Series, V-3 Micron, V3 SE (Student), Sigma (Tandem)
SunPath: Javelin Odyssey (not available as a retrofit)

I know that several other manufacturers have licensed the use of Skyhook, but Aerodyne is the only one I know of that has announced their intention to include it as an option on theor Icon harness/container. Last I saw posted here they were not sure of a release date nor were they sure it would be available as a retrofit.
Arrive Safely

John

Even on the Javelins they are not able to install on previously built units, only new due to all new flap designs needed for the Skyhook. Only contianers that have Retrofits at this point are the Vector 3's and even then its not cheap.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The reason I ask about the Wings is I know the reserve set up is very similar to a Javelin so I figured it might be doable...

I was told by a Wings dealer a few months ago that they are working on the skyhook and doing drop tests and such, but there's no official announcement nor any indication of if/when skyhook equipped Wings containers may become available, so for the moment, the answer is still no. That same Wings dealer told me that if I really wanted a skyhook equippped container, my best bet at that time was to buy a Vector 3 from another dealer. Since then, Javelin has become a second option. If you want more, you probably just have to wait.

Even on the Javelins they are not able to install on previously built units, only new due to all new flap designs needed for the Skyhook. Only contianers that have Retrofits at this point are the Vector 3's and even then its not cheap.

If you currently have an RSL in your container, the retrofit is only $250 (or the same price of having on put into a new container). If you need to add an RSL, it is $100 more. I think the procing is very reasonable instead of saying you need to buy a new container to have a SkyHook.

BTW, the retro is only available on V3 style containers. We can not do it for Vector 2s.

Mark Klingelhoefer
UPT

Sunrise is currently testing the skyhook for inclusion on Wings containers. Like Javelin though, it will not be offered as a retrofit to existing containers in the field. There's a lot of testing to be done on it to be sure that the device is compatible with all combinatons of sizings of the container that are available. There are TSO reworkings involved because of the nature of the design change to the reserve deployment. After all that is done, there will be more consultation with UPT to make sure that the skyhook works in a way that they are comfortable with licensing the device for use in the Wings.

We've been doing the testing for some time now, and when all that is done and all the parties invoved have signed off on it, you'll see an announcement ;)

In the meantime, I'd like to remind everyone that there's no device currently available that can replace or outperform a skydiver that is well trained and current on reserve procedures and emergencies. When was the last time you went in a hanging harness and pulled handles B|

We've been doing the testing for some time now, and when all that is done and all the parties invoved have signed off on it, you'll see an announcement

I figured 6 months was long enough of a wait before this was bumped. Anything new, maybe a release date?

We've been doing the testing for some time now, and when all that is done and all the parties invoved have signed off on it, you'll see an announcement

I figured 6 months was long enough of a wait before this was bumped. Anything new, maybe a release date?

I shall ask for you and see where thy are with it all.....

I can't remember the dealer who told me, but I do remember being told that in order for Wings to add Skyhook it would require a big re-design of the container and thus it would not be an option anytime soon (if at all). Please correct me if I'm wrong as I ordered a Wings anyhow ;)[

=--{O}------------------{O}---] D.S.#111 VSCR # 123

When was the last time you went in a hanging harness and pulled handles B|

4 days ago :) its mandatory for our club at least once every 60 days. i prefer to do it more often and with different scenarios. Always good to know and not need then to need and not know

I think Mirage is pretty close.

I think not. :)

JerryBaumchen
:D:D:D:D:D

Mirage has been close to their own version of skyhook for quite a few years now!.....Any year now! :P
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp