Icon134

the one thing I missed...

In the south is that nobody played card games... I played 4 games of bid euchre this evening with the extended fam... (my 1st cousin once removed and I took on my dad and 1st cousin...) ended up 2 and 2... it was too late to play another rubber match...

I'm not talking poker and such... but card games like Hearts, bid euchre, pinochle, etc...

anyone else enjoy card games like this that are more about winning the game then about winning money?
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Occasionally play Bridge, Spades, Hearts. :)

My parents play a lot of bridge... I've played it once or twice but haven't ever gotten into it...

Hearts used to be our hard core game... my brother is dangerous in a hearts game...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I was taught to play euchre by an ex from Michigan. Most west coasters have never even heard of the game. Who out there knows how to play cribbage? That's my game, just not many know how to play that either.:(
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

dude, you would not even imagine how hard it is to find people that play euchre outside of the midwest.. everyone wants to play spades or hearts, but not euchre.....

My family plays cribbage and euchre occasionally but the big game on every holiday is pinochle. They started teaching my kids to play it when they were about 7 and now they play every holiday too. I'm quite sure a game will start this evening and tomorrow we will also play croquet.

I never learned to play pinocle because I was being stubborn. If you know how to play, they force you to play if they need another person, even if you want to do something else!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

...Who out there knows how to play cribbage? That's my game...

I had you pegged for a cribbage player...:D

Geez...it's been so long since I played Euchre, Cribbage and Pinochle that I've forgotten how.

Played a lot of pinochle in my youth but it excapes me now.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hearts and spades are my two of choice. Never learned anything else like bridge or cribbage.

And poker, of course. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I really enjoy solitaire on my computer...vegas style.;)

Seriously, hearts and sevens are two of my favorites. I've had many fun times playing those games.

And of course poker is a lot of fun.

Chris