ccowden

New Presidential Helicopter

why doesn't it have a bulls eye painted on it??

Are you bucking for a visit from the Secret Service? ;)

Does anyone know why the blade tips are wider than the rest of the blade shaft down to the hub? I don't think I've ever seen helicopter blades like that before.

I work near the Lockheed Martin plant that just got the bid for the new Presidential helicopter project and they test in at the airport across the river from me, so I snapped a couple shots.

Anyway- if you're interested........

I bet you dont hear much when its flying

is that some ECM on there as well?...hmmm

I work near the Lockheed Martin plant that just got the bid for the new Presidential helicopter project and they test in at the airport across the river from me, so I snapped a couple shots.

Anyway- if you're interested........

SHHHHHHHHHH !!

It's supposed to be a secret !!

Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Does anyone know why the blade tips are wider than the rest of the blade shaft down to the hub? I don't think I've ever seen helicopter blades like that before.

Has to do with reducing turbulence at the tip thus reducing vibration throughout the entire blade.

This has been another episode of useless information I learned from TV.

I can't see why it would be *that* big a deal considering once the president starts using it will be all over the place with the president getting in and out of it.

Now if you started posting defenses and stuff like that they might start having a problem... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

It is nice to know that our president is to good a man to fly in a smaller more economical heli that probably costs about 4 times less and would be harder to hit in the event that someone tried to shoot him down. Nice to know that my hard earned taxes are providing him with the luxury that he needs to make decisions that seem to find a way to raise prices on everything.....>:(
What's the worst that can happen?

It is nice to know that our president is to good a man to fly in a smaller more economical heli that probably costs about 4 times less and would be harder to hit in the event that someone tried to shoot him down. Nice to know that my hard earned taxes are providing him with the luxury that he needs to make decisions that seem to find a way to raise prices on everything.....>:(

You can become President and I will salute you as you ride a Moped in the motorcade:P

Cause they're pretending that british/italian helicopter is american. :)
Ugh, don't get me started. And don't get too close... those things have issues! (nothing 50 bajillion dollars won't fix) :)
Dave

I think timing had a lot to do with it. The AgustaWestland EH101 (I think that's the one), has been around for a while. The Sikorsky S92 is just too new for the President to fly in. Got to keep the Brits and Italians happy also.;)
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Would'nt it piss you off if you grossed $56,000 last year and brought home only $25,000 and it all went to taxes? It just burns my ass every time I look at my paystub.[:/]

what makes you think I like being taxed?

the POTUS deserves a helo and a jumbo jet

senators and congressmen should always fly commercial like the rest of us.

I don't beleve in corporate welfare and cant stand quite a few of useless governmental programs

Has to do with reducing turbulence at the tip thus reducing vibration throughout the entire blade.

This has been another episode of useless information I learned from TV.

NO it doesn't. this is "W" where talking abou there. they are the zoomy little whistles that were big in the early 90's. he had them put on the blades so he could enjoy his flight. WHHHZZZZZOOOOOOO:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

The AgustaWestland EH101 (I think that's the one), has been around for a while. The Sikorsky S92 is just too new for the President to fly in.

The S-92 is also already certified to higher safety standards, which the 101 now has to be redesigned and recertified to meet. The 101 also has a number of known safety issues which have to be fixed.

Got to keep the Brits and Italians happy also.

That's more like it.

They gave a number of excuses. Cabin size was a factor, but the rest of the reasons they gave didn't make much sense.

Dave

Did Uncle Sam take almost 60% of your earnings last year? and the year before? That is the reason I work 70 to 80 hours a week and only get to make an occasional jump. I'm not saying that being president is an easy job. I am just saying that they could make taxes a little bit easier to swallow on us single guys. Watching your friends who make roughly the same amount that I do drive nice vehicles and have tons of money just because they are married kinda gets to you after awile. I am tired of skinning my knuckles working on trucks that help produce the gas you use and not getting much of anything for it. I am tired of seeing our tax dollars wasted when they could save a few dollars here and there.