RastaRicanAir

TO WHOEVER STOLE MY LAPTOP FROM THE FARM:

I just started working at the Farm as a packer and I am pi$$ed that something like this could happen there. Whoever did this does not represent the true spirit of The Farm. I will add $100 to the reward plus a year worth of pack jobs for free!

Brett

Good speach but jeez...

If all that proprietary info was really on the laptop why the hell wasn't it at least encrypted and password protected? If I was one of the agencies whose data had been at risk this prof would be fired / involved in a lawsuit himself.
Owned by Remi #?

This post makes me want to cry (and I'm not some sappy girl that cries over just anything). It also really pisses me off. >:(

Things like this are reasons why I've been keeping my backpack with my wallet and camera and everything INSIDE my suitcase where my rig goes and zip it up whenever I'm jumping. You just can't trust anyone anymore.

I am really sorry to hear about this and I hope you get it back.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

...A Western Digital 250G external hard drive, about the size of the average Bible...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Not sure we're dealing with someone who might have a clue what a Bible is, let alone how big it would be...

At first I was hoping someone had put it away for safekeeping, but when it didn't turn up by the afternoon I began thinking the worst. I hope it "turns up" very soon.

A very nice time otherwise. Thanks to Hans & Sandy, etc. Calvin REALLY enjoyed the golf cart.

Cheers,
Jon S.

Sorry this happened to you. I have long since lost any faith in human decency. That is not to say that everyone is a scumbag, as there are some very ethical people, but anytime you are in a group it is statistically likely that a scumbag is present. Truly a shame that this had to happen at a DZ where you are supposed to feel at home.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

God This Really pisses me off. Robbie I'm so sorry, you and your beautiful wife are great people. I also would like to add 100.00 dollars to the reward / pay to return fund. As you know my music files are up over 14,000 songs as well, if you need any or all you are welcome to them
Please let me know if I can be of ANY help.
David

That Sucks... If you find them I'll be glad to get Karma to bite them in the ass for you...

Scott

That has a nice double meaning. Whether Scott's dog is involved or not, Karma will bite this person in the ass... now, or later.

Robbie, I'll be glad to kick in $50 to the reward fund, too.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

hippie and i were up past 5:00..... i looked at the video i took of us pilling stuff on top of the guy on the air matress..... the time was 4:54(new time) and the lights were still on and music was still playing in the back ground("baby got back"). i know that the were still maybe ten people still up when we went to bed around 6:00

shimshim
"laid back - with my mind on my **** and my......"

Sorry you have to deal with this bullshit... people make me fucking sick.

I regularly leave money, thousands of dollars worth of skydiving gear, cameras, etc... in the open at my home DZ (SDC). Pretty much everyone else there does the same thing. It's incredibly sad to think that even in an environment where we all feel confident enough to do that, there may eventually be a scumbag, such as the one who stole your laptop, to ruin it for everyone.

Sorry you have to deal with this bullshit... people make me fucking sick.

I regularly leave money, thousands of dollars worth of skydiving gear, cameras, etc... in the open at my home DZ (SDC). Pretty much everyone else there does the same thing. It's incredibly sad to think that even in an environment where we all feel confident enough to do that, there may eventually be a scumbag, such as the one who stole your laptop, to ruin it for everyone.

It's already happened at SDC. I believe with a video camera, middle of the day 4-5 years ago. Luckily with the help of some jumpers the people were tracked down and busted. Woody made a video of it, ask around. Hopefully that's what will happen to whoever took this laptop too.

Awwww man! I really hope that somene just put it away for safekeeping and forgot about it.

If it was stolen, whoever did it will be revealed in time. It would be much better for them to return it sooner rather than later. This sort of deed does not go unpunished.

While the reward fund is a nice thought maybe the effort would be better spent on a replacement fund.If everyone who has ever enjoyed Robbie supplying the tunes to any of the events throws in a few bucks at least the financial burden is removed from Robbie and Marianne.I know this does not help with the files but in the event it is not found it's the best we can do.Robbie do you have a PayPal account??

While the reward fund is a nice thought maybe the effort would be better spent on a replacement fund.If everyone who has ever enjoyed Robbie supplying the tunes to any of the events throws in a few bucks at least the financial burden is removed from Robbie and Marianne.I know this does not help with the files but in the event it is not found it's the best we can do.Robbie do you have a PayPal account??

I thought the same thing. You can buy iTunes gift cards as well.

reward up to $1100.00 and an ass bite from karma

this represents the TRUE spirit of the sport

a fellow jumper and one of the good guys gets his computer stolen whilt trying to be nice and the real jumpers step up and help by offering a reward.

the reward is now $1100.00

me thinks someone will talk

and the puter will be found

those offering to help..pat yourselves on the back

this is what the sport is all about

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

It's sad that a person has to watch over their personal belongings around a group of people who are supposed to be like family.

Rasta, I'm sure the culprit will be revealed in time. Hopefully nothing major (if anything) will be lost in the process.

Best of luck, and whoever stole the computer, F.U.

I know Lee and I can put in some money for you guys. We will see what happens.
We need some good investigators. I know someone had to have seen something and maybe didn't even think about what was going on. I remember music still playing when we went to bed, but I have no idea when we went to bed though. The last time I remember the laptop was when we were playing poker, but that was way early in the night.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

We had a thief at the WFFC last year. When we caught him (and it didn't take much) we found that he had a whole trunk load of stuff that he had stolen at dropzones across the country. His picture was posted on dz.com, maybe a couple of you who were at the boogie could find the post and look at the pic and see if it is him. I know that he is no longer in jail....
I am prettty pathetic at the clicky thing or I would do it for you.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

dayum... when i left on sunday i was totally thinking that by the end of the day robbie would have the computer back... how shitty that didn't happen.

this was the first time meeting robbie and his lovely wife and beautiful children. bad shit like this shouldn't happen to such cool people.

i'm in for 50 reward money or the same for replacement.

robbie and fam, i'm so sorry for this. but i AM so glad to have met you this weekend.

for the culprit, may your genitals be visited by fire ants.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Man, sorry to hear your stuff got ripped. I learned the hard way a long time ago, if you leave your stuff alone out in the open, there's some asshole out there that thinks they deserve it more than you do. I hope ya'll catch the bastard. Keep us posted.

Brett

chris, the problem is, the laptop is replaceable, but the files are not."they are priceless" I usually sleep with my gear at boogies I play at, or I pick it up. I have been known to pick up robbies laptop, mine and erics, because I was the last one up. when I went to bed, but I went to bed early this weekend. but as I went to bed, I almost grabbed his laptop and took it in my RV, now I wish I had. but I knew they were all still up.. so anyeway, Im sure robbie would let the person keep the hardware if he could just have the files back, they are priceless.