SkydiveStMarys

What do you collect?

I collect sheep. The collection includes stuffed sheep, sheep on coffee cups, sheep fridge magnets, porcelain sheep, sheep pot holders, framed pictures of sheep...

I posted pics of some of them a while back.

You can stop laughing at me now.

that was supposed to be for the first salute you got and that was usually your TAK NCO who stood just off the platform you were pined on.

that is what i did when i was an nco with a smile on my face left hand out and right saluteing.
and it was supposed to be a silver dollar

affirmative... but I didn't have one... and my first assignment was in a civil service jungle... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I've started collecting stringed instruments, and I get a new one once I learn how to competently play the last one I got. The most recent was a banjo - those things are hard. The next will be a dulcimer, then an acoustic bass, etc. I'll probably get duplicates, like a 12 string guitar, some electrics, etc.

The other collection I want to start is a collection of tap handles. I reckon if I'll get the tap handle for every new beer I get for my keg and collect them the way some people colect wine corks.:)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Guns.

And glass apples in my kitchen window.

Go figure...

It all started innocently enough. I bought one glass apple on a whim, just because I thought it would look good with the sun shining through it on the windowsill. But then when you've got one, you see another of a different color, and think: "That'll go good with my other one." Next thing you know, you've got a windowsill full of the darned things!

Yea, yea, yea:P

I plan on going to a range soon to learn about guns and learn to shoot. I figure it's good survival information.

I've never so much as touched a non-water gun, though:P

My father has a safe and also collects guns. As a child, he showed me where his handgun was in his bedside table and explained to me what it was, what it was for and NEVER to touch it. Obviously he knew kids snoop around when their parents aren't watching and never wanted me to find it and play with it. I don't remember what he said. But, he explained it well enough in such a way that I did NOT want to touch it.

I took a picture of the gun with the barrel tied in a knot my first trip to NY when I viisted the United Nations. I loved that photo for many years (but got rid of it after taking photography b/c I was "above" the quality of that photo by then---silly high schooler:D).

Anywho...I'm not anti-gun, I'm just a little idealistic sometimes---I wish things didn't have to come to that[:/]
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.