GARYC24

Dumb Facts (long list)

Dumb Facts » Just Dumb

The shortest complete sentence in the English language is “I am.”

• The most used letter in the English alphabet is ‘E’, and ‘Q’ is the least used!

• Floccinaucinihilipilification, the declaration of an item being useless, is the longest non-medical term in the English language.

• Goddessship is the only word in the English language with a triple letter.

• The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet!

• The sentence “Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs” uses every letter of the alphabet and uses the least letters to do so!

• There is a lawsuit every 30 seconds in the U.S.

• More than 50% of time spent in U.S courtrooms is over automobile cases.

• The world’s longest-named lake has 45 letters (Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg).

• In the U.S. there are 18 doctors called Dr. Doctor, and one called Dr. Surgeon. There is also a dermatologist named Dr. Rash, a psychiatrist called Dr. Couch and an anesthesiologist named Dr. Gass.

• “Rhythm” is the longest English word without a vowel.

• The longest word in the English language is ‘pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis’ which describes a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of volcanic matter or a similar fine dust.

• “Jack” is the most common name in nursery rhymes.

• In the English language there are only three words that have a letter that repeats six times. Degenerescence (six e’s), Indivisibility (six i’s), and nonannouncement (six n’s).

• The only three words in the English language to have 2 consecutive u’s is vacuum, residuum, and continuum.
• The very first dictionary “The American” took Noah Webster 20 years to put together.

• The word “alphabet” is derived from the first two letters in the Greek alphabet: “alpha” and “beta”.

• The only word in the English language that has 4 sets of double letters in a row is balloonneer.

• A moment is defined as zero seconds long.

• The only words with all the vowels listed in order are facetiously and abstemiously.

• The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is “uncopyrightable”.

• The only word with all the vowels in reverse order is subcontinental.

• There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and month!

• Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States!

• Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel, “Gadsby”, which contains over 50,000 words — none of them with the letter E! Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions!

• In the U.S. there are 18 doctors called Dr. Doctor, and one called Dr. Surgeon. There is also a dermatologist named Dr. Rash, a psychiatrist called Dr. Couch and an anesthesiologist named Dr. Gass.

i dated a girl whose ob/gyn was dr. payne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y yes it is:

Yes, the letter Y is a vowel or a consonant! In terms of sound, a vowel is 'a speech sound which is produced by comparatively open configuration of the vocal tract, with vibration of the vocal cords but without audible friction...', while a consonant is 'a basic speech sound in which the breath is at least partly obstructed' (definitions from the New Oxford Dictionary of English, 1998)

Maybe that why the article is dumb facts?B|

Abraham Lincoln had no middle name

A ‘jiffy’ is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

National Pi Day is March 14, at 1:59. (3/14 1:59)

7% of Americans don’t know the first 9 words of the American anthem, but know the first 7 of the Canadian anthem!

5% of Canadians don’t know the first 7 words of the Canadian anthem, but know the first 9 of the American anthem!
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

No you didnt. :|

No you didnt. :|

I do know a Proctologist that drives a Ford Probe GT.:D
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

well you can try this but you definitely need knee and shoulder pads to protect yourself from the swinging weight.

though many new timers find it easier to tie the weight around the balls this does not achieve the desired effect.
My photos

My Videos