SkydiveStMarys

David Blaine

Who would want to be stuck in a fish bowl while everyone stares at you.....as you shrivel up like a prune? This is not magic!! Its a stunt! Whatever happened to pulling a rabbit out of a hat??

The dude is weird...now Chris Angel...amaaaazing.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I completely agree with you Bobbi. David Blaine just does stunts. He basically does "magic" for the publicity and thats it. I guess him and Chris Angel are just two totally different people with totally different wants. (And Chris Angel is so much coolerB|!)

Don't think he ever claimed it WAS magic. He is trying to push himself to limits of which no one else has tried. No one has ever stayed under water for 7 days, and no one has ever held their breath for 9 minutes straight. I think it is pretty amazing.

Whatever happened to pulling a rabbit out of a hat??

:D:D:D

hahahah, Chris Rock said the same thing....

"Is america so desperate for entertainment, that we fall for a TRICKLESS MAGICIAN?!?"

"Pull a rabbit out a hat, cut a lady in half..."

Hahahahaha.....download it if you have no clue what i'm talkin about, i promise its funnier when he says it
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

he brings out the best in humanity:

The British public took to Blaine in its inimitable style while he was suspended in a perspex box by the Thames; pelting him with eggs, shouting abuse and even flying a hamburger by suspended from a model helicopter.

That dude is great. He does his "stunts"' to try to better understand what his mother went through when she was dying of cancer.

As far as "magic" I would say that he is pretty well versed. The best, perhaps not, never-the-less, at least he knows what he is doing (if you do not know what I am talking about please referance his book about the magic).

You

Have Rig will travel ...

He may be doing his thing with the very best of intensions..... but..... he's boring.....I'm standing in a box suspended from a crane/immersed in water.... Whatever... get a job.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

He may be doing his thing with the very best of intensions..... but..... he's boring.....I'm standing in a box suspended from a crane/immersed in water.... Whatever... get a job.

He spent over an hour doing various little card/ slight of hand tricks after his jump in X-keys. Everybody there thought he was VERY entertaining...but that was just the 30 people standing there that he was interacting with. I'm sure 3000 people staring at him in a box would have a different opinion......

I think he is strange.:|

No he never said it was magic...but he claims to be a magician.

Bobbi

He actually likes to refer to himself as an entertainer. He doesn't call himself a magician, because he does more than just magic tricks.

In doing his last stunt, he was more proud of the fact of the diverse amount of people that came to see him. Men, women, children, black, white, latino etc etc.

I do, however, think that David's magic isn't all that great. A lot of the magic that you see him do (not the 'stunts') rely heavily on the camera, or on special sets and whatnot. Plus his presentation, albeit original, is pretty lame. I mean he walks up to a spectator with this disgusted look on his face, says "Wanna see something that transcends the mind?", performs the trick in monotone, and then just walks away.

Shit, if thats what people want to see these days I might as well start my own TV special, too. Hey, good for him. He makes millions by doing average sleight of hand with poor presentation skills. Congrats, David.

Who would want to be stuck in a fish bowl while everyone stares at you.....a??

A douche.
Sorry. Monday. Too early to be clever. I just really find his very presence to scream "Douche!".

Maybe it's because Hindu yogis have been doing the same type of stuff for hundreds of years without having to hire publicists first.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Who would want to be stuck in a fish bowl while everyone stares at you.....a??

A douche.
Sorry. Monday. Too early to be clever. I just really find his very presence to scream "Douche!".

Maybe it's because Hindu yogis have been doing the same type of stuff for hundreds of years without having to hire publicists first.

It's all about money. Hindu monks do it for different reasons.

He's just a publisity hound and probably going to make a mint.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

The only reasion people watch him is because we want to see him die a horrible death preforming one of his stunts. I wonder if there is someone out there with a .50 cal rifle that can make that happen
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

The only reasion people watch him is because we want to see him die a horrible death preforming one of his stunts.

And don't forget that it was live, so you could flip to watch out for some drama during those frequent, annoying commercials that interrupt the program you were watching.

I don't have cable:P

Liz
Traa di liooar