NWFlyer

What Women Want

I think that women don't all want the same things. Maybe we're real people....individuals....a diverse lot :)

I think that lumping us all together like she does in that quote kind of sells us a bit short.

Is it possible that the age old question of "what women want?" is not something that is derived from the fact that women are a confusing 'species' to men. But rather, that generally speaking - a lot of men confuse themselves by simply asking an unanswerable question.

Why would someone want to know what someone else wants? If answered, what would a person do with the information... I mean, so what?

...Which is precisely why women should never ask the question, "what do men want?" They know what the frig men want...we want to have fun, get laid, and do some other cool shit too!!! Just like every other animal on the planet

...I'd like to think that the women of my dreams cares more about what she wants rather than what I want. -hence, the total attraction to them in the first place. :)

I think that women don't all want the same things. Maybe we're real people....individuals....a diverse lot :)

I think that lumping us all together like she does in that quote kind of sells us a bit short.

Is it possible that the age old question of "what women want?" is not something that is derived from the fact that women are a confusing 'species' to men. But rather, that generally speaking - a lot of men confuse themselves by simply asking an unanswerable question.

Why would someone want to know what someone else wants? If answered, what would a person do with the information... I mean, so what?

...Which is precisely why women should never ask the question, "what do men want?" They know what the frig men want...we want to have fun, get laid, and do some other cool shit too!!! Just like every other animal on the planet

...I'd like to think that the women of my dreams cares more about what she wants rather than what I want. -hence, the total attraction to them in the first place. :)

Simple answer to that first question: Men ask what women want out of frustration of being unable to find it otherwise. It's not that asking helps, it's that it tries to serve as a reminder to women that we are not mind-readers and even if we were, it appears that many times, what a woman thinks she wants, is either not what she wants, or her perception of a mans execution of her UNSPOKEN requests totally distracts her from what was being done. They end up focusing on the details of what was done instead of the gesture. Of course guys are horrible at details for the most part so we have a recipe for perpetual discontent.

Woman "I want this"
Man "Ok, here it is"
Woman "No I want it THIS way"
Man >:(

I hate that saying "one of the guys". Why would I ever want to be "one of the guys" when I'm a chick and damn cool with it. I love having open conversations with my guy friends, and most of them don't hold back around me (FUNKS!). I love the differences between men and women and the way we think... keeps life interesting. And of course we are all "equal". But I also love being treated like a woman by my man. Makes me feel special when he opens the car door for me, or carries something heavy for me.

I think in general people are just too uptight about this topic. If you don't like how someone is treating you, be it a man or a woman, stand up and walk away. Easy.

Everything

I want to learn what life is for
I don’t want much, I just want more
Ask what I want and I will sing
I want everything (everything)

I’d cure the cold and the traffic jam
If there were floods, I’d give a dam
I’d never sleep, I’d only sing
Let me do everything (everything)

I’d like to plan a city, play the cello
Play at monte carlo, play othello
Move into the white house, paint it yellow
Speak Portuguese and Dutch
And if it’s not too much
I’d like to have the perfect twin
One who’d go out as I came in
I’ve got to grab the big brass ring
So I’ll have everything (everything)

I’m like a child who’s set free
At the fun fair
Every ride invites me
And it’s unfair
Saying that I only
Get my one share
Doesn’t seem just
I could live as I must
If they’d
Give me the time to turn a tide
Give me the truth if once I lied
Give me the man who’s gonna bring
More of everything
Then I’ll have everything
Everything
:P:P
~ From A Star is Born Barbra Streisand

Gosh is that too much to ask??:)

Q. Guys really want to know "what women want." What is it?

A. ... Talk to woman as you would a man. If there's something you feel you must censor, then that says to me that you're not seeing a woman as an equal, but as a thing to be handled delicately. Bleah. If you talk naturally to a woman and she finds you offensive, good--she's the last person you'd want for a relationship....

And if you're foolish enough to do so in the workplace just be prepared to undergo forced "sensitivity training," and/or be summarily fired.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

It's not that asking helps, it's that it tries to serve as a reminder to women that we are not mind-readers and even if we were, it appears that many times, what a woman thinks she wants, is either not what she wants, or her perception of a mans execution of her UNSPOKEN requests totally distracts her from what was being done.

hahaha!! B|

yes...i agree. oh i see; women think men are mind readers because they waste their whole lives trying to read the mind of others themselves.

maybe they should take a pill and worry about what is going on in their own heads. any hottie's like that out there?

I've discovered that the first step to finding out what women want is to ask them. Obviously, you usually don't get a good answer the first time that a woman answers. All women are people, and since people usually have no idea what they really "want." The vast majority of people - my own fool self included - really don't know what they "want" other than wanting what they want.

That's part of the relationship process - finding out what the other wants. So a guy handles a woman delicately? Maybe that's what she WANTS, and maybe the guy WANTS a woman who WANTS to be handled delicately.

Women are a foreign species of person - that unifies men and women. There are some recent threads about these differences. That women are so different is what I love about them. Each woman is her own separate individual withing that species and it is foolish to have a "one size fits all" answer to the queston, "What do women want?"

It's better - and far more interesting - to find out what each individual woman wants, isn't it?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'm one of those girls who wants to be treated like one of the guys. It seems to me that the guys who treat me differently, even if they think it is in a respectful way, usually find some other way to disrespect me.

Ironically enough, the guys who fart and laugh in front of me, and don't shield me from dirty jokes seem to respect my opinion as a person more than the guys who refrain from acting like themselves in front of me in order to be polite.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I'm one of those girls who wants to be treated like one of the guys. It seems to me that the guys who treat me differently, even if they think it is in a respectful way, usually find some other way to disrespect me.

Ironically enough, the guys who fart and laugh in front of me, and don't shield me from dirty jokes seem to respect my opinion as a person more than the guys who refrain from acting like themselves in front of me in order to be polite.

Well-said, Karen... the ones who don't feel the need to treat me "delicately" trust that I'm strong enough as a person to let them know when I'm not really interested in a subject or a behavior.

Every single "Person" is different, Male or Female.

Most people (regardless of sex) like to be treated a certain way. Guessing what that person expects is pointless as you will be wrong many times.

Some people are easily offended and it is a no win situation from the beginning. I have always thought that it is best to identify these people soon as possible so that they can be avoided.

There are many women that I treat like one of the guys, because I know them and know that they are OK with that. There are just as any others that would be completely offended if I even thought about treating them like one of the guys.

There are some things though I will do regardless.. Like hold the door. It is a courtesy. If someone is offended by this.. Well Fuck em. They got issues and we probably would not get along anyway.

There are some women that I will be just as rude and crude around as any Male. There are others that I would never dream of telling "the Aristocrats Joke" to.:S:D:D

I think anytime you make broad generalization of either Sex.. You are generally wrong as every single person is different.

Treat each person with respect and courtesy and most of the time everything will ok.

Treat all women like one of the Guys??? NO way. Most would not appreciate that and many would be highly offended.

Hey.. NWFlyer… Wanna Pull my Finger??:P:D

Hey.. NWFlyer… Wanna Pull my Finger??

See, that's where men and women are different, sweetie. We're smart enough not to fall for that one! :P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just so I get this strait . . . Women want Anti-Chivalry.

NO!!!!

Some do, I guess. I like it. :) BUT... if a guy opens the car door for me, I always lean over and open his for him.

Chivalry is more than opening doors, and standing up as a ladie sits. It's a demeanor and an attitude of respect.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's a demeanor and an attitude of respect.

If it's based in the idea that I, as a woman, need protecting in this day and age, then I'm uncomfortable with it. If it's based in the idea that doing nice and respectful things for the people you care about is important, then I've got no problem with it.

I agree with those who get all bent out of shape when a man opens the door for them need to take a big, deep, cleansing breath and chill.

the ones who don't feel the need to treat me "delicately" trust that I'm strong enough as a person

Funny, my father treats me "delicately" and yet he also thinks I'm a strong person:S My hunny sometimes does the same thing.

My hunny & friends also know that no subject is off limits in my presense. They do not, however, resort to farting contests around me. I think men who aim to impress women have figured out the farting contest thing really isn't the way to a woman's heart---but I'll speak for myself.

:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

If it's based in the idea that I, as a woman, need protecting in this day and age, then I'm uncomfortable with it. If it's based in the idea that doing nice and respectful things for the people you care about is important, then I've got no problem with it.

Often one will not know which intention the action stems from.

My hunny knows I get upset when I hear stories or see a scene in a movie when an animal gets hurt. If he knows it's coming, he will tell me to look away and cover my ears. I don't think he does this out of a need to "protect" me, but rather out of respect that he knows I'll be grateful for the warning.

On the other hand, he always checks my oil & tire pressure before I drive the 10-hour round trip to my corporate office. I think he DOES do this out of a feeling that he wants to protect me. I don't think he does it b/c he thinks I'm not capable or thinks I'm less than an equal--he does it b/c I mean something to him and he wants to make sure my vehicle is safe. He also checks my rig before exit on EVERY jump. He knows I checked it and he checks it again. Again, not b/c I'm less than equal---it's out of love. I don't think I could ever fault anyone for feeling a natural need to do such things even if the reason is "protection".

But, I completely understand what you mean if you're referring to the extreme of some men needing to "shield" women from things and thinking that women are not capable of taking care of themselves. Thank goodness I have not come across many of those men in my time.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

It's a demeanor and an attitude of respect.

I agree with those who get all bent out of shape when a man opens the door for them need to take a big, deep, cleansing breath and chill.

I couldnt agree with this more! I absolutly love kindness, as long as that is its intention. I can and have taken care of myself for years. However having the occasional helping hand for the sake of helping rocks. :)
I have been working in what had been a primarily male dominated career for 14 years now. It didnt take long for them to stop looking at me as the "poor woman" But every now and again I get the guys that freak out when they see me ripping a server out of the rack or loading one into a crate to ship. "Ohmigod she cant lift that!" what ever. I am a firm believer that no matter what the sex if you want the job you had better be able to do the work. Period.

At work I am "one of the guys" because I have to be. It works better for everyone across the board, and it doesnt bother me. Sometimes I hear shit I would rather not, but i just egnore it and not make a deal about it.

But big picture, there is absolutly nothing wrong with the kind chivalry. The issues come in when it is because the guy truely thinks the girl is 100% helpless instead out of being a gentleman.

Ok, im babblign now....:ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I think everyones ideals of what they want are different. Sometimes I dont even know what I want. Im not big on the whole mind reading thing, and I dont expect others to try to read my mind. If I want something I will ask for it or work towards achieving it.

Personally ... as far as how I want to be treated by men, well sometimes I like to be "one of the guys" where the crude jokes are plenty, wrestling , and just cutting up.

If I am in a relationship I however am quite old fashioned. I like my door opened for me, and the mans hand to go to the small of my back to guide me through. I like when my car door is opened for me and then shut once I get in (then I can lean over and open his...plus that just means if he lingers after closing the door he gets a nice shot of my ass) I like to be treated with respect and someone who is willing to treat me as they want to be treated. Men with integrity and compassion ... thats what this woman wants.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this