livendive

Look what I bought...

My daughter's car got broken into a little while back and her stereo was stolen. She's pretty sure she's getting a new stereo for her graduation this weekend, but she doesn't know what it's coming wrapped in. ;) I think I'm a pretty cool dad sometimes. B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Why do americans always buy automatic gear cars???
You will miss all the fun shifting around while driving...

So that we have a hand free for talking on cell phones, putting on makeup, eating fast food, and obscene gestures!

See the slide over to the right from Drive? It's kinda like a tiptronic transmission, with + and - for manual mode. In any case, the car is for my daughter and she has no interest in driving a stick. If I was buying myself a car, I'd get a BMW with tiptronic paddle shift on the wheel.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Don't get me wrong, I love a standard shift vehicle. Have had many in the past.. But, I suggest you come live in Houston traffic for 6 months and you'll understand why the automatic is wanted. [:/]

If I was buying myself a car, I'd get a BMW with tiptronic paddle shift on the wheel.

I got that on my Audi .. dude it's sooooooo much fun!! :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

That's funny, that's exactly how my parents gave me my graduation present.

They had the saleperson drive the car out to their house. When I answered the door she said "I have a new stereo for you, but it's kind of big, I need your help."

So I followed her out to the car and when we got there she handed me the keys and said "it's attached to your new car."

Yeah, I flipped.

Ah these young people today :P
Slappie, dear, I've driven standard transmissions for probably 1/2 of the 30 years I've spent living (and driving) in Houston. I have an automatic now, but that's in part because the car is shared.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

zooom zoooom zoooom!

Yes, you are a pretty cool dad!!!!!! B| I'm betting you get another one of those moments that you dreamed of when she was a baby! ;)

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Ah these young people today :P
Slappie, dear, I've driven standard transmissions for probably 1/2 of the 30 years I've spent living (and driving) in Houston. I have an automatic now, but that's in part because the car is shared.

Wendy W.

*cough*cough* I am too sharing the car with someone who cares not to learn how to drive a standard. BUT I will admit I get tired of driving the 59/610/Galleria corridor in a standard at 5-6pm. :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't get me wrong, I love a standard shift vehicle. Have had many in the past.. But, I suggest you come live in Houston traffic for 6 months and you'll understand why the automatic is wanted.

this is the big differance between driving here and in the states manual box's are standard here usually you have to pay extra for auto shift. traffic jam is just a traffic jam dude doesn't matter where you come fromwe are just used to manual's i think its just country specific:)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

In Reply To

Don't get me wrong, I love a standard shift vehicle. Have had many in the past.. But, I suggest you come live in Houston traffic for 6 months and you'll understand why the automatic is wanted.

this is the big differance between driving here and in the states manual box's are standard here usually you have to pay extra for auto shift. traffic jam is just a traffic jam dude doesn't matter where you come fromwe are just used to manual's i think its just country specific:)

Yes traffic jams suck, but I know for a fact most of Europe doesn't have the population concentration the large metro areas in the States.

Like I said, I love to drive manual shift trannys, but in traffic I prefer to just put along in my auto.

I drive a manual Mazda RX-8 and love zipping around town shifting......

However, when I used to sit in rush hour every day and get cramps in my feet... I hated driving a stick!!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Wow... That's pretty much all I can say since I had to pay for my first car... and second... and third... up until the car I have now, which is my seventh car... And in the process of buying number eight, while keeping number seven...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself