Broke

How does one define a Home Dropzone?

I am having a problem with the question. I feel at home at Z-Hills, but that DZ is a 24 hour drive from my home. So how do you define what DZ is your home DZ?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I don't think i really have one. i learnt in Australia at a DZ that doesn't exist any more, i jumped most of last year at a place that doesn't encourage fun jumping, and this year i will jump wherever the weather is good/ there is a boogie on. I think i prefer it that way at the moment too!
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I don't believe in the "Home Dropzone"concept.I believe the concept of a home dz causes alot of issues in our sport.I believe everyone should jump where they want when they want.You make more friends that way.

Don't listen to Bubbles, he's insane. Going from DZ to DZ and boogie to boogie like some kind of carefree sky whore?! Jumping from a different aircraft out over a different landscape -and even topography- every weekend?! Sharing your sky with an inifinte variety of friends form every corner of the nation and world?!

Have you gone MAHAHAHAHAAAADD man?! :S

If you don't go to the same DZ all the time you never get to experience the thrill of getting sucked into petty interpersonal politics, dropzone rivavlry, or the cutting "I called you last night. .....Where the hell WERE you?!" stare on a DZO's face when they ask where you jumped last weekend! What fun is THAT?

I'm sure there's a section somewhere in this SIM about why all jumpers MUST declare a "Home DZ." Let me find it, and I'll get back to you......

B|B|B|B|B|B|B|Have you hugged an OrFun today?.....B|B|B|B|B|B|B|
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

I have a home DZ listed, but I will go jump anywhere. I have already visited about 20 different dz's in the 4 years I've been jumping. I'd like to hit all of them before "my time" comes. :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I humbly consider the DZ where I took my FJC as my home DZ. It's a club, low key, non-commercial and loads of fun. Whenever I go back to Ohio, I always visit and make a few jumps.

Now, I'm a full timer, having moved to GA a year and a half ago. Graciously accepted into the OrFun brotherhood I serve in the high salary position of "Executive in charge of a lot of things" for RoamingDZ (self appointed of course ).

My Home

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Jess, you sure seem at home at our DZ :P

My home DZ is the one that pays me to be there every weekend (packer). But I cheat on my home DZ during the week... it's 1.5 hr from my house. My concubine DZ is much smaller but 10 mins away and still a lot of fun. Even if they don't pay me to be there.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

The one that I attend the most.

I attend it because I feel quite at home there.

Andy, I thought that WAS your home! After all, there's a bunk w/ your name on it and that front couch usually has your ass in it! :D

Miss ya man! Hope to see you later this summer.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

That's a good question. I used to think that your home dz was where you did AFF, but for me that was SDC, MileHi, Gold Coast and Eloy. Then after I moved from Colorado to Bama while in transition to Florida, I definitely considered Gold Coast in Moss Pt, MS as my home dz since they made me feel so welcomed there each weekend. Then, I went to ECSC, and they were family-like as well. While interviewing and transitioning to Florida, I felt really "at home" at Deland. Now that I've been in Florida about a year and a half, I feel comfortable at Sebastian and Zhills. So, I suppose defining a home dz is just where you feel most comfortable and welcomed....which for most of us would be every dz.

i define my starting dz as home, and i used to be up there EVERY weekend. since i started to get pulled into the dz politics ive hardly been there tho, preferring to jump less regularly, but get more in a weekend at various big dzs and events. less stress and more fun, but i do miss some of my mates at mu home dz!
www.ewancowie.com
www.facebook.com/ewancowiephotography

I consider Space Center my home simply b/c I did my AFF there very recently. My instructors know what I need to work on and still watch & critique my jumps, make suggestions on what I can do to improve.

I've also jumped at DeLand, and will be making some jumps in CA (Elsinore or Perris) when I'm out there. A trip to Sebastian is in the near future, since it's the same distance as Space Center.

I'll definitely consider Space Center my home for a long time, but will also jump other places for change of scenery and to make new friends.

I humbly consider the DZ where I took my FJC as my home DZ. It's a club, low key, non-commercial and loads of fun. Whenever I go back to Ohio, I always visit and make a few jumps.

Now, I'm a full timer, having moved to GA a year and a half ago. Graciously accepted into the OrFun brotherhood I serve in the high salary position of "Executive in charge of a lot of things" for RoamingDZ (self appointed of course ).

My Home

Hell since your on the payroll I'll give you a radio next year.:D

politics,politics I have no idea what you would be talking about Ewan:P And Iam touched that you miss me:D:D:D we must get a jump in everything kind of conspires against it Dude. we haven't jumped since Lillo:o lets face it your just another Orfun:| nothing wrong with that.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun