DJL

OH SNAP! GOTTA get one of these!

Note the video doesn't show any of the soaring wrecks.

Yeah, no kidding. I've had enough water-skiing spills and have jumped from enough speeding boats and bridges to know how that would feel.

I like the text on the manufacturer's page, "...we do not recommend soaring the Manta with two passengers." I take that as a challenge!!
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

looks like something to do on a cloudy skydiving day... :):):)

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Looks like something to do behind a skyvan!

That's just what I was thinking! It would take some extremely careful planning to see if it would be at all possible to do this without any entanglement issues, but if you could pull it off without dieing....

You'd be like Kit Cloudkicker from Talespin! Remember how he could always skysurf behind Baloo's plane? Then release the tow line and ride the raft for a little bit in freefall. It'll be great!
As long as the tow line doesn't wrap around any people or control surfaces that is.:oB| Whoever tries this, please don't die, cuz once all the bugs are worked out of the system I want to do it!:)

Matt

You'd be like Kit Cloudkicker from Talespin! Remember how he could always skysurf behind Baloo's plane?

Okay, who else will admit they watched the show or are you all a bunch of Bembrians... :$
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Flying up to Chicago last week I saw those advertised in that little 'expensive junk' magazine in the seat pocket.

At my folks place in Illinois, (they live right by the Illinois river) there was a boat pulling TWO of those up & down the river all weekend....they guys 'flying' them were doing a kind of CRW routine!B|

Watching those two guys 'playing' for several hours...it looks like ya gotta be in pretty good shape physically to do it for any length of time!:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Did you see any spills?

Several...:S

These guys were doing a whole bunch of stuff that looked real scary!
Crossing over each other...side by side...looked like they were trying to kinda 'stack' 'em too...which was a couple of the 'spills' I saw...I don't think they quite understand the need for 'clean air' in the flight dynamics!:ph34r:

Like I said..the two guys doing it looked to be in 'Pro' football shape...'padded' wetsuits and Protecs...being pulled by a big yellow 'Cigarette' type speed boat with dual winches on the back for the 'boats / kites'.

I think they were 'training' for some kind of performance.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You'd be like Kit Cloudkicker from Talespin! Remember how he could always skysurf behind Baloo's plane?

Okay, who else will admit they watched the show or are you all a bunch of Bembrians... :$

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun