dreamsville

Music that we think of before / after jumping

I am curious about what kinds of music people tie to their jumping experience.

I am a fan of R&B, classic jazz, vocal standards (Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett, etc.). I was listening to certain CDs of this music on the day of jump #1, and hearing them again always reminds me of it. Now, jazz to and from DZ will cause me to think of jumping when I hear it later. The musical association lingers in a great way throughout the week.

Anyone else have this experience?
|
Harry
Edited to add: from 5 years ago, somehow Miles Davis got connected with doing 4-way team video.|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

I can't remember the songs but there are songs thatthe vidiots use for tandems, whenever i hear those they remind me of skydiving. It is almost to the point that I can be with on of the people that I jump with and we will look at each other when one of these songs comes on.
I personally am a big fan of Disturbed, Tool, System of A Down. and stuff. I am not sure if that answers your query or not.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

I like Hip Hop and Rock music and stuff like that....so I'm always resinging songs on the way up and during freefall by people like: Petey Pablo, Pitbull, Bubba Sparxxx, Biggie, U2, Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Eminem, etc....
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Well, I haven't had many jumps yet well, 2, in fact so far (until this weekend, going to pump out all my lessons). But, on my drive over to the airport, I've got some nice EBM, Industrial, DeathRock music giong on. Just the high energy stuff. Gets me in a good mood, so I am not going to be starting the good mood once I get there. But, I'm sure, once I start jumping and really good at it, I'll be rocking the iPod.

-=+ Skyliber, Disynthegrate, & Nucleaire +=-

I dont have a choice, i went up on a lift the other day and one one of our crazy TM's had printed out the lyrics to "I will survive" and proceded to sing, even his student got caught up in the moment and sang. I paid for the full twelve but very nearly went crazy and made it a hop n pop

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Before jumping, like when I'm on my way to a dropzone, especially a new one... I get dead nervous and have to chill out to the excellent tones of John Denver or may be Cliff Richards, the super religious ones... calms me down good and proper init.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

to keep the arousal level down, I tried the instrumental part of Wild World at the last meet (in my mind, all the way up to altitude). It worked like a charm - I was dialed down so low the entire time. ALthough I think the person normally sitting in front of me was pretty wired by the end of the meet hearing me hum the same thing over and over and over and over and over......:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The only track which reminds me of skydiving every time I hear it is Faithless, Insomnia, because that was the soundtrack to the Espace Boogie 2004 and got played at full volume every morning when we were dragging ourselves out of tents etc!

Last weekend though on every climb to altitude I couldn't get Jack Johnson's 'Upside Down' out of my head - funny enough neither could my tail flier!

Cool track though.

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

A lot of the stuff that i use for my tanedem videos. Whenever i'm in the car listening to tracks i think, wow that might be nice for the intro, or that might work for the skydive, etc. It's a varied mix, greenday, chillipeppers, cold play, metallica, even a B Eyed P's track or two

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Missy Elliott - One Minute Man
Ooooooh, I don`t want I don`t need I can`t stand no minute man
I don`t want no minute man
Ooooooh, here`s your chance be a man take my hand understand
I don`t want no minute man

Only Wingsuiters can understand :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Before exit "I believe I can fly" - R Kelly
During the jump "Creep" - Radiohead
After the jump "I'm a survivor" - Destiny's Child

:D:D:D