btwitche1975

Hot Sauce Addicts: Post Your Favorite Brands

You know the drill: Vote on your favorite hot sauce.
I posted only common supermarket brands since this list could get hideously long.

If those choices aren't sufficient, please feel free to post a list of what you like most ranging from mildest to WMD.

I love to try different hot sauces (I'm sure other freaks in here do too) so please give recommendations.

Here's my list - (This list is nowhere near complete but it is reflective of what I like)

Mild:
Pickapepper sauce (Not really hot)
Mae Ploy Sweet Chili (freaking awesome)
Huy Fong Sriracha Garlic Hot Sauce

Medium:
Gator Sauce - (The best fucking wing sauce ever created in my opinion)
Tabasco chipotle
Tabasco Garlic
Yucatan Sunshine Habañero Pepper Sauce

Hotter:
Tabasco (I eat about 3 gallons of this stuff a year)
Tabasco Habañero
Pain is Good - Batch #37 Garlic Hot Sauce
Lethal Gator (Hotter version of the aforementioned Gator Sauce)
Daves Insanity Line

Fuck me in the goat ass Hot: (I Don’t really enjoy these but I own them)
Endorphin Rush
Da Bomb - Final Answer (Beware of this mother)

/*
This is my rig... There are many like it, but this one is mine.
*/

Ketchup and A1 sauce are generally as spicy as I like my condiments. But, on the rare occasion I decide to walk on the wild side, I go for Braswell's Vidalia Onion and Peach Hot Sauce or Micanopy Gold Hot Sauce (mild version). Both very tasty and pack plenty of punch for me (what can I say, I guess I'm a wimp). :)

I have this sauce at home that I believe the name is Inferno. It is the hottest that I've ever come across. it is made from habenero so is hot to begin with. But to make it blazin it is also made with pure capsasum (spelling) extract. My god is it ever hot. I dipped the tip of a toothpick in it when I first agot the stuff and licked it off. 10 min. later I slipped my wife the tongue and set her mouth on fire. she never forgave me for that. this stuff is insane. There is actually a warning on the label. I will post tomorrow with the real name. This stuff is not for the faint of heart I'd give 20 bucks to any body that could take a teaspoon of it and hold their composure for 30 seconds. I trully believe that it couldn't be done.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Tabasco is gross.

Pace picante and Frank's are both acceptable standbys; I always have both in my kitchen.

Recently been using lots of El Yucateco Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero. It's a very simple, unpretentious hot sauce that is just the perfect temperature for spicing up general cooking. I like the uncomplicated approach; it's just a basic habanero salsa, nothing more.

The best salsa is found in in small mom-and-pop tex-mex restaurants. :)

Matt

I'd have to vote 'other'. Currently my fav's are

Louisiana Habenero
El Yucateco green habanero and red habanero
Sriracha Hot chili (Rooster) sauce is great for burgers and dogs

When I get pizza at a bar I've been asking for their hottest wing sauce to dip the pizza into, done it twice now. Sooo good, especially with plenty of parmasean cheese

Tabasco is kid's stuff;) The garlic is really good though. I didn't care for Tabasco Chipotle but I've read it's good as a marinade, I used it as a sauce.

An excellent hot sauce web site is hot sauce blog. Has tons of reviews and is generally interesting.

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Well, of those listed, I chose Tobasco Garlic. It's not really hot to me, but has an awsome garlic flavor.

My favorite hot sauce is Crazy Jerry's XXXHOT. It's more of a seafood sauce, but not like a cocktail sauce at all. It's pretty hot, but not ridiculous hot, and it has great flavor.

Ganja

Melinda's Xtra Hot

It isn't just the amount of heat in the sauce, it's also the quality of the flavor. Melinda's is less vinegar-y than most hot sauces. It has more of a hearty vegetable-based flavor behind the heat, with maybe a hint of smoke.

Great stuff! There is also Melinda's Hot Sauce, and Melinda'a XXXtra Hot sauce.

For me, I find the Melinda's Xtra Hot sauce (one X) is the correct balance of heat and flavor.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Marie Sharp's

http://www.mariesharp.com/prodline.htm

This stuff is hand's down the best stuff I've ever tasted. She uses a carrot rather than vinegar base, so it has a smooth flavor and a relatively slow on set of the heat. And the heat is there but it doesn't overpower the other flavors in the sauce.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."