upndownshop

SkyFest Thank you

Hey everyone!
I apologize for not getting online but I am trying to get to Rantoul. Man I am tired!! Who made my schedule this year?:S:S

But I wanted to take this time to say a few things.

THANK YOU!!!! It was awesome. I am so proud of the way this went off for everyone. Everyone of you stepped up and made it happen!
There were some MAJOR accomplishments over the weekend. I think someone needs to start a thread with a list of all the SCR's Bigways, and records. I know that 9 out of 11 people that got their water training went on and got their B license!!

Guys and Gals, I cant put into words what is in my heart right now. You all ROCKED! The giving, sharing, teaching, and learning this weekend really left a warm and fuzzy feeling. I can tell you that Jerry is very proud of everyone. How do I know? Just look at all the pictures and video!!

We had our closing meeting with Steve Boyd so the planning has begun for SF 07! We realize that we had some challenges this year, but we know what they are and we will fix them.

We had 315 register making 2957 skydives!!! Great job everyone!

Oh we had an Apachie helicopter show up on Monday and give us a show!! WOW
He will be back for next year, with a couple of F-16 as well!! Woo Hoo!

Again, I apologize, there are a ton of follow up things that need to be done, but it is difficult to do with our schedule. We will get them done, just not as fast as we like.

Its people like yourselves that keep the drive alive for this event. I am honored to be a part of your lives.

I cant say it enough but here it is again,
THANK YOU!:)
J

B|

THANK YOU J!

oh yeah......NICE HAT!;)

You like that! We dyed the hats to make them pink, not sure how that one got purple:S It was funny, we decided to make a few for the guys, not realizing that the hats were only sized in small to medium:S

Oh well maybe we can do it again.

It was great seeing you!!

J,

Like each year prior, Skyfest just keeps getting bigger and better. The word is out and people are seeing Skyfest for what it truely is. Its not just a big fun boogie, its a boogie for skydivers wanting to learn and grow. Its a boogie about history and tradition, which of course is how it started.

This is the kind of boogie that will keep skydiving alive and well like we have known it. Its the boogie that shows low-time jumpers what skydiving is about. Its not all about doing 30 jumps in a weekend, its not all about going up with the same people and cranking out point after point. Skydiving is about having fun, being safe and passing on what you learn to those who have come along after you. The rebirth of SCRs, being driven by those on DZ.com and those coming to Skyfest to see what they're about, is another example of recentering the sport to its roots. Obviously I don't have to explain how important that is.

You know, that other comment I told you on Saturday with the "alternate" name says a lot about how far Skyfest has come in a few short years.

Maybe next year we'll see people showing up to the auction that understand what the money from the auction is going to and they'll bid remembering that. Even though they may spend a little more at the end that way, they're still going to save money from buying that gear from a dealer. Then that money goes towards doing so much more. I think its possible that people started to understand that after Sgt. Maj. Impact got up on stage and helped.

As always, you know how myself and my DZ (Todd's DZ) feels about skyfest. I look forward to seeing you at AOT +++, it'll give us a chance to talk in detail or atleast have a good time for a pre-wedding boogie for you and Jamie.:)
Drive safe buddy, enjoy the mini-vacation by getting to relax at WFFC (instead of runnng a boogie).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have to add that the jumps I made at SkyFest this year were the BEST jumps I have ever been on!! I was so honored to be on Popsjumper's 500th jump, Lyman's 200th jump, 2 awesome Pink Patch jumps, the Women's Texas State Record (WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!), the SILO (Silent Inside Listening Outside) jump, and not to mention MNealTX's SCR jump!!! There were SEVERAL more, but those stick out the most right now.

When I think of how wonderful this year's SkyFest was, it gives me goosebumps and puts a lump in my throat. THIS is what it's all about. Thanks, to everyone, for making SkyFest 06 bigger and better!! I can't wait for SkyFest 07!! B|

I can't wait for SkyFest 07!! B|

Let's not start the day countdown just yet girl. :P;)

Why - Skinny's working - he'll never notice.:D

I had a great time - and FWIW - the three of y'all, (Stan, Jamie, and J) along with a collection of other helpers did an awesome job of keeping everything smoother than ever.

Yeah there was a little heat and a few mozees - but seeing so many out there for "the new guy" and helping just everyone out was very uplifting and powerful.

I had fun from the moment I walked onto Skydive Spacelands hanger floor to the time we loaded the last box into the trailer and toasted friends that have been lost along the way.

The thanks should go to you guys much more than us.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The problem with starting the countdown right now is that we don't have the dates ironed out yet. It might be a little while before that, so everyone is safe for now. :P

Clint, thank you so much for all of your hard work and helping us get things finished on Monday afternoon. It was great hanging out with you on the last day - and I'm so happy you found your keys!!!

By the way, to everyone else, THANK YOU for helping us make it happen again! :)

J - thank YOU!!!!

SkyFest was amazing as always. Thank you for giving us such a great opportunity. It's also a lot of fun to just be there, but shh, don't tell my bosses that!

It was great seeing everyone again - Dave, congrats on your award, you'll make a damn good AFFI. Thanks to you and everyone else for the sunset (?!) hop & pop, too :)
Can't wait for SkyFest '07!

~ Lara

Oh we had an Apachie helicopter show up on Monday and give us a show!! WOW
He will be back for next year, with a couple of F-16 as well!! Woo Hoo!

We can jump an Apache next year? :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

PLEASE PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD No countdown. If you promise no countdown i will promise to not troll your thread next year:D I may even show upB| I am sure next time i see you jay you will have less hair on your head with all the worrying. Is that possible?
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I watched the One Man's Story DVD.

An emotional roller coaster ride to say the least...it really put the stamp on why I support SkyFest and the Schrimsher family wherever and whenever I can.

When the '07 list comes out...put me down as number 3 behind you and Jamie.

Andy
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

During Skyfest 2005, I was in San Marcos taking ground school. I remember thinking to myself "I will be there next year." Boy, time sure flies!

Besides Skyfest being a blast, it was impressive to see the bond between Skydivers, and the way everyone helped eachother out. As we were dirtdiving for my SCR, I was overwhelmed at how so many pulled together to make it happen. One of these days I'll be good enough to help someone else get their SCR, and it will be just as much fun if not more.

Skyfest was Truly an outstanding experience. Thanks to everyone!!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

j, jaime, and stan:

Thank you so much, i had an incredible time at skyfest. I have been focusing on other things in skydiving for the past few years and this boogie made me remember why i started skydiving. Mnealtx asked me what i was doing lining up to dirt dive his scr, and if i remembered how to fly on my belly.:D Well, joel mullins and i both exited on our heads but we figured it out pretty quick.:D J, i had a blast and i know my girlfriend wants to do another bananna jump so i know we will be back.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Thank you so much for putting on such a cool boogie!

In the past few days I got my B license, did my water training there, got my SCR, and discovered I love freeflying and want to pursue freestyle.

You guys did such a great job and made my summer! Thank you both!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

You guys done good. That was fun.
Yes, that was an understatement.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)