RkyMtnHigh

Last words

Do you ever think that the last words you say to your loved ones might just exactly that?...your last words about how you feel about the person.
I try to make sure that my calls with my friends and family end on a positive note or with "I love you" just so I know in my heart that they know how I feel.
I reflect on my last talk with Conway before he was so quickly taken and am so greatful and feel so blessed to have shared the "I love you's" with him. I have comfort in having that opportunity.

I've always tried to do this.... after Shannon’s passing it hit me hard that there are no guarantees... much more of my heart is out there now to let everyone know how important / and the impact they make in my life.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Honestly, my last words or word would not pass the cencorship guidlines for even cable TV.

. . . Shit, Oh Fuck - I fucked up now! .. . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Honestly, my last words or word would not pass the cencorship guidlines for even cable TV.

The sad thing is I can almost hear you sayin' it too!! :D:D:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

The sad thing is I can almost hear you sayin' it too!! :D:D:D

:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I try to let the people in my life know how I feel about them...

but I'm probably likely to be sort of like turtlespeed in my last words only with more of a:

"Awe shit, I knew I should've taken that left in Albuquerque!" :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I take frequent road trips. I imagine my last words will be "I'll see you when I get back." I feel like I'm constantly saying it.

I've thought about writing letters to each of my friends - "Open in the event of my death" - so that they will know how much I cherished them.

But, I know my friends - most of them would just open their letter and read it right away. : ) They aren't very good at following instructions :S
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

Everytime I go out the door or my wife goes out the door I make sure to let her know how much I love her.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I've thought about writing letters to each of my friends - "Open in the event of my death" - so that they will know how much I cherished them.

But, I know my friends - most of them would just open their letter and read it right away. : ) They aren't very good at following instructions.

Not all of them... You know I'm not a rule breaker. :D Besides, I wouldn't have to open it to know what it contained. You show me every day how much you love me. I am truly blessed... :)
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I am thankful everyday that I was there when my dad took his last breath and that I got to tell him that I loved him. I also am very happy to have spent the week before he died with him too and to have shown him the pictures from when I went to the Keys and the Pyro Vixen boogie. He supported me in my skydiving. He knew exactly what was going on in my life and what was important to me. I also told him the last time he was cognizant of who I was and that was around 10 the night before he died at 4 a.m. I felt like he was at peace knowing I was there even if my brothers weren't there. I miss him so much. His birthday is next week and I keep thinking back on his last birthday and how he had completed his chemotherapy and how strong and optimistic he was at beating the cancer.

All the people we have lost this year has been very hard for me to deal with. Shannon was an inspiration to us all and someone I will always, always look up to. Pruitt always made me laugh with his random drunk calls and will be a little brother that will be missed dearly. That's why I'm trying so hard to make the most with those that I do have in my life.

I was lucky enough to have a somewhat similar experience with my grandmother. I grew up not really knowing her very well. There were visits, but she was always just "grandma that lives all the way up in NJ." As I was finishing college I knew I wanted to move to NYC but couldn't figure out how when my roommate jokingly suggested moving in with my grandma! It was an interesting phone call, and an odd bit of adjustment time, but they were six months that I would never give back for anything. We became so close, and via daily lectures I gained a whole new respect for the use of credit cards and savings accounts. I moved into NYC but we stayed very closely in touch. She moved in with relatives down in West Virginia and not long before she passed away decided to give all of her kids/grandkids money from her estate so she could see us enjoy it (of course, what she really meant was so that so she could hear us all tell her that we were investing every penny). She new me better than that. I called her to brag about the beautiful new kayak that her money was going to help me purchase, and how I couldn't wait to get out on the water with it. Pheeewwweee did I get a lecture out of that one. Whenever we talked there was a slight tone of resentment about "blowing it on a boat."

When she got really sick the docs were able to give the family enough warning that all of her kids and grandkids from all over the country were able to meet at the hospital at the same time. We each had alone time, and when I talked to her for the last time she had me open the drawer next to her bed and she pulled out a picture of me in the kayak and the last thing she said to me was "keep paddling."
Killing threads since 2004.

Gosh thanks. I actually got very lucky and married a woman who accepts all my shortcomings and only asks me to do my best. I will not make the mistake of taking my good fortune for granted. Too many guys have lost great opportunities by making that mistake, and while many of them would do anything for the chance to take care of their marriage properly if given a second chance the reality is that you only get one shot.

Cheers,

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I've lost several fiends in the past few yrs. So now I pick up the phone frequently to tell friends and family that I love them and think of them often. My wife hears I love you whenever she or I walk out the door. People are here one day and gone the next. It's not so macho to hold how you feel inside. Let the people you care about know that you do.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.