WFFC

THE 2006 WFFC Thread

just got a call that I'll have new info on Friday at 2PM CST. I will post as soon as I'm able. I've got a breakfast, lunch and dinner client(s) meeting before running to the airport to get out of Houston.

If you don't see something by 7PM CST, you won't see it till after midnight MST when I get home and plugged in.
-----
~~~Michael

Thanks for everything you are doing Michael. This is Hillarious though:D:D

We should have opened up betting on this decision. Could have made alot for charity.
I think someone should tell the FAA that the WFFC is in 7 days.:P

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Thanks for everything you are doing Michael. This is Hillarious though:D:D

We should have opened up betting on this decision. Could have made alot for charity.
I think someone should tell the FAA that the WFFC is in 7 days.:P

I'm gonna check to see if I can post via my blackberry later. Who knows, i might have a better geek toy than I thought.
-----
~~~Michael

Pass this one back to everyone... $20 day bands are not a bargin. I was going to possibly come out for one of the weekends but at $40 for 2 days or even full price sicne they would try to stick me if I show up on Friday late night its not worth it. I was hoping to see more something along the lines of $7-10 per day. Slightly over full price, but not 1/3 of the price for a single day.:S
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

dont feel too bad on that, but there should be a "one weekend price".. or like any three days are $30 - a little more reasonable 4+days is the full fee. now compare wffc's reg and daily rate to Summerfest's. Reg is $40 and their day bands are $20 :S

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Today (July 15th) the Perris jet will be doing some additional flight tests to measure noise as requested by the FAA. The tests will include flights with the airstair on and off. The rest of the weekend will be spent compiling the results and then hand delivering to the FAA office on Monday at 9AM. I have been advised that the FAA has approved overtime to get this accomplished.
On Thursday the Perris jet will reposition itself to Rantoul (with a little help from the guys up front I assume).
Unless there are no more requests from the FAA, this should be the final step.

Passing along what I know...
-----
~~~Michael

Michael, can you tell us anything else about these test, i'm curious.

What do they involve" Do they have noise sensors on the ground?

And why do they test with the stairs on and off?

It sounds like they are spending a ton of money on fuel alone, performing all theses test.

Michael, can you tell us anything else about these test, i'm curious.

What do they involve" Do they have noise sensors on the ground?

And why do they test with the stairs on and off?

It sounds like they are spending a ton of money on fuel alone, performing all theses test.

As I understand it, there are sensors on the ground as well as on the aircraft itself. For the ground tests, they were checking on engine noise (for noise abatement rules) and then again in flight. There are sensors on the engines to measure the noise as well as outside. The tests will (I'm assuming they were done yesterday) be done with the stairs on and also off. One test will involve flying with the stairs off at 300kts, although this is not a speed that would be flown in 'real life' with the stairs off.
Yes the test flights and such are definitely costing in the fuel area which shows Perris' dedication to gettting this done.

I will try to get more info today as my time permits...Trying to get packed up to leave tomorrow, fix a client issue (ID 10 T for the techies) and get out on a cycle ride with friends.
As long as I can get a cell signal, I can post updates from the road, I'll just pull over to do these.

Journey safe all~
-----
~~~Michael

Hey, I need to meet you hopfully. Just don't ask people about me before hand...........

No worries. I'll be around till the 28th and you can find me either in the web trailer up by manifest, on my cycle, or in the air. I need to find my hat. Should I pack my kilt?
-----
~~~Michael

Good day everyone,

I heard the DC-9 (from the WFFC site will be arriving this Thursday, July 20, 2006 at Rantoul - Looks like all of us are going to be really happy with that!

Before reading this thread, I was concerned about which days the Jet would be available, but one reply says "every day, morning & evening" ...

Since I will be at the convention on the 29th and 30th - Looks like my dream of jumping from a jet aircraft will finally come true ;-)

Just want to thank all who worked on making this happen since the 727 was never able to make it for quite some time - Great job!!

Get read for the "aircraft throw" of a lifetime!

Blue skies,

Chris C - C30317
Fly High ... Don't "Get High"!

Is it confirmed to be flying jumpers at WFFC yet? I didn't think the official thumbs-up had been given yet. Just checking.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Good day everyone,

I heard the DC-9 (from the WFFC site will be arriving this Thursday, July 20, 2006 at Rantoul - Looks like all of us are going to be really happy with that!

Before reading this thread, I was concerned about which days the Jet would be available, but one reply says "every day, morning & evening" ...

Since I will be at the convention on the 29th and 30th - Looks like my dream of jumping from a jet aircraft will finally come true ;-)

Just want to thank all who worked on making this happen since the 727 was never able to make it for quite some time - Great job!!

Get read for the "aircraft throw" of a lifetime!

Blue skies,

Chris C - C30317

Don't throw a party just yet:P As you stated the wffc site says it will be arriving on Thursday, it DOES NOT SAY that it is comfirmed to be flying any jumpers YET.... keep your fingers crossed.

As for flying "everyday, morning and evening" I'm sure a minimum will be required to put that baby in the air and at $100. a jump that may limit the numbers of loads to just a few.

Maybe "wffc" Michael can find out the minimum for us??

Yeah I know ... When we all see it there and it is flying jumpers, then I will believe everything. Just getting over-zealous ;-)

I know to get something lke this going requires a lot (a LOT) of overcoming politics and stuff (a.k.a the FAA and such).

Keep our fingers crossed...

Blue skies,

Chris C - C30317
Fly High ... Don't "Get High"!

OK...here's what I've got. Was going to post this earlier while tooling through Kansas on I-70, but got stopped at a drug checkpoint and I got 'randomly' selected to have my entire vehicle gone thru. Geez...how many drug smugglers do you know that have 2 laptops going in the car and a 3rd in the bag?

Anyway, the test flights from Saturday went well and results were put into the FAAs hands in San Diego Monday morning 9AM local.
Today (Tuesday for those who are not still up), the operator will be doing some noise abatement flights with the FAA monitoring the noise. Flights will be done with the door on and off and will include a 300 kts flyby at about 500'. I was under the impression that this was already done on Saturday, but I was wrong.
Regardless, the Jet will arrive in Rantoul on Thursday so keep your fingers crossed that all goes through!
-----
~~~Michael

Y'all should have come to germany instead... I've been jumping a jet aircraft all week.. An72 :)
no lift was below 16K, a couple were 18.5 and there was even a 22K if you fancied it.

Shame about the price though... a regular jump ticket, or two if you wanted the 22K ;)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies