Katherine

what do you reckon, scam?

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum, but what do you guys think - scam or not? I think a wee bit dodgy. [in reference to a rig this person had for sale]
Hello,

Katherine we can deal safe easy and fast .Like i told you i will ship the rig to your home.I will pay all the shipping taxes , so you don't need to worry about that .Like you said for my safety i want you to make a deposit at western union on my address from London UK , but please change the name of the receiver into what name you want (your husband,brother,father's name ) i want just to verify the deposit at western union and after that i will send you the rig.

After you test it and jump with it , if you keep it you need to go again at western union and change the name of the receiver into my real name so i can pick up the amount .
If you don't like it you send it back with no charges , i will pay them , but is hard to belive that if you want to buy it you will send it back it has only 1 jump and is almoast new .

Also about the fees you need to pay at western union for this deposit ,if you don't agree to pay them , you can take from the total amount how much you need to pay .

I make all this because i really want to sell it fast .

For inspection i can let you only 5 days , hope it's ok .

I wait your answer.

So, scam or no scam?
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

I agree with everything posted above. Another thing you can check on when buying gear is to find out where the seller jumped with it. Call that dropzone and find out who the rigger is. They should have a record of a reserve repack. If the rigger and dropzone owner don't know the seller or the gear, ask the seller some more questions before you send any money.

The photos the 'seller' sent me look just like a rig that was for sale a while ago, could have been lifted straight off there.

Think I will stay well clear of this one. Although the proce has dropped to £997...what a joke since it apparently has 1 jump on it:)
Cheers for the second oppinions:)
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

two questions, do they really say rekon in the uk?:P

Well, I doB|

also, if you live in the uk, and so does the seller why dont you just meet them somewhere. the country isnt THAT big..:)

Yeah, I offered to meet them at a dz about halfway ish, about 1 h for them and about 2 for me. Not intersted so not going to have anything more to do with them.:)
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum, but what do you guys think - scam or not? I think a wee bit dodgy. [in reference to a rig this person had for sale]
Hello,

Katherine we can deal safe easy and fast .Like i told you i will ship the rig to your home.I will pay all the shipping taxes , so you don't need to worry about that .Like you said for my safety i want you to make a deposit at western union on my address from London UK , but please change the name of the receiver into what name you want (your husband,brother,father's name ) i want just to verify the deposit at western union and after that i will send you the rig.

After you test it and jump with it , if you keep it you need to go again at western union and change the name of the receiver into my real name so i can pick up the amount .
If you don't like it you send it back with no charges , i will pay them , but is hard to belive that if you want to buy it you will send it back it has only 1 jump and is almoast new .

Also about the fees you need to pay at western union for this deposit ,if you don't agree to pay them , you can take from the total amount how much you need to pay .

I make all this because i really want to sell it fast .

For inspection i can let you only 5 days , hope it's ok .

I wait your answer.

So, scam or no scam?

contact the Postal Inspectors this is an attempt at mail and wire fraud.

Deifinitely a scam, brilliant, but a scam nonetheless.
Making a transfer in someone else's name through Western Union or whatever provides no guarantee to the seller. There is nothing preventing you from collecting the money and never actually paying for the goods. If they wanted a real guarantee they would have suggested a real escrow service, but that's obviously not what they're looking for.
They will obviously cash it even if it's under your father's name (counterfeit ID?) without leaving any trace of their real identity.
They're getting smarter every day :(

Cheers,

Vale

Not sure it's brilliant.

but had someone do the same to me. When I suggested using an Escrow site, they sent me to some escrow website that had been created 3 days before their auction yet had tons of "testimonials"

every part of that website was lifted from elsewhere on the net.

walk away

A promising new skydiver at our DZ just lost $1500 to a Western Union scam. The scammer put an ad on dz.com, set up a fake escrow company website and asked for our unsuspecting jumper to send the money to the escrow company via western union. The day after she sent her money the website was gone and the poster of the ad would not return email. The poster said he was from the UK and the fake escrow company was based in the UK. She doesn't even know where to start to try to investigate so she's just considering the money lost >:(.

She said the poster of the ad sounded like a skydiver because he knew the lingo. Watch out for yourselves.

Yep, I just sent them yet another email saying that I really didn't want anything to do with Western Union, so they have suggested an escrow service, "I know an very good one, have recieved many high value goods with it in past" hmmm
Getting board with them now, I keep saying I don't want to deal with them, they keep coming up with more and more complicated ways to "deal safe and easy":S
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

I keep saying I don't want to deal with them, they keep coming up with more and more complicated ways to "deal safe and easy"

messege them back and say. "just meet me, it is safe and easy, I can't buy a gun to shoot you with in the UK":P

messege them back and say. "just meet me, it is safe and easy, I can't buy a gun to shoot you with in the UK":P

Those kitchen knives are still fairly sharp though...:P

Then have sent me their 'address' and photos of the lables on the canopy and rig to assure me of their 'genuine' status:S.
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk