skyejumper

Is there anything almost as good as skydiving?

If you were grounded for a while, and couldn't do anything too physically strenuous, what activity might be a good substitute for skydiving for a bunch of months? Please don't say golf or bowling. I'm seriously missing the adrenaline rush, but due to a medical reason can't jump 'til next spring. [:/] Suggestions?

What about flying? Its expensive but good fun. I don't mean go and get your PPL but do a few pleasue flights where you can take control. I done a few and got to take control for about 15 mins each time. After that the pilot did aerobatics. Was good fun. But if your grounded, maybe you wouldn't be fit for that.. I don't know, just a suggestion :)

I travel when I'm not jumping. Sometimes I can't jump because I've spent too much money on traveling. :ph34r: It doesn't have to be somewhere far away, weekend trips are great!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Is there anything almost as good as skydiving?

Ummmm.. SEX!!:P

True Story:
1992, I make my First Jump with my Father and a Family Friend.
After we had all jumped, The Family Friend Keeps going on and on about that was the best thing ever.. "It was better than Sex" he keeps saying over and over.
Finally the DZO/Instructor looks at him as says if that was better than Sex, You aint doing one of them right. :S:D

And then the DZO says, If you think That was better than Sex, I got a Phone number for you.
My Father jumps in as says.. I will take that Number.:D:D

oh!!!
like to Z-hillz????

Maybe...I'd have to see if Chuck and Katie would be there to make it worth my while. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Not meaning to sound rude... but um... your pregnant - maybe you should use this time to focus on something other than hurling yourself out of planes? If this has you so preoccupied/bored you are having to ask strangers for things to do - perhaps you need a different perspective.

In my new found down time I've taken up weight training (was doing a bit of this before), gardening and focusing on my finances more.

Obviously above all of that is spending with my daughter... you're only pregnant for a short time, and they're only little once.

Jen
Arianna Frances

We're very excited about the pregnancy, and I'm being healthy and have decided not to jump (personal choice). I just don't want to spend 24/7 thinking about the baby-to-be, and would like to find an alternate activity to enjoy in my spare time. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, so I don't have a garden. The idea about weekend trips was awesome, though it can get expensive. Flying lessons was also a fun idea, 'cept that it's a bit costly (due to where I live!) and the Dr. said being at higher altitudes for extended periods of time might not be such a good idea.

Oh, I liked the sex idea, too. :P

We're very excited about the pregnancy, and I'm being healthy and have decided not to jump (personal choice). I just don't want to spend 24/7 thinking about the baby-to-be, and would like to find an alternate activity to enjoy in my spare time. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, so I don't have a garden. The idea about weekend trips was awesome, though it can get expensive. Flying lessons was also a fun idea, 'cept that it's a bit costly (due to where I live!) and the Dr. said being at higher altitudes for extended periods of time might not be such a good idea.

Oh, I liked the sex idea, too. :P

I took a long break from skydiving because of monetary reasons. I found rockclimbing filled the void rather well. Obviously this wouldn't be good for you late in your pregnancy (at least not doign toprobe climbs wearing a harness). I found that climbers are very similar in attitude and personality (in general) to jumpers.

check out rockclimbing.com for issues while climbing pregnant.
--
Rob

Oh, it's pregnancy. Nothing too dramatic, no broken bones! I just need to find something slightly mellower to keep me entertained 'til I can get back in the sky. :)

Hmmm... so beer drinking is out.:|

Find a good video game and play it a lot. Maybe a first-person shooter?;)
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken