froggie

Almost time....

okay guys. Ground school is only a few days away, and with my schedual im not gonna be on these threads much. So im asking this question ahead of time....
Any last minute advice for me? This is going to be a totally new experience to me, and im trying to go into it as educated as possible. Any tips would be appreciated.. even ones that have to do with manifesting and all (even though ive done almost all of my paperwork already so i didnt have to on sunday). Stacy, this is where you step in please, considering you know the most about my situation. thanks all
froggie

my advice is simple. don't listen to advice. your JM will tell you what you need to know and answer all your questions as it pertains to students. Us more experienced jumpers will often try and steer newbies the wrong way, as evidenced by debates on high-performance canopies, AADs, and RSLs
blue skies, black death

...skydiving is already in your blood!

Careful not to get pulled over, you may be over the legal skydiving blood limit. We'd hate for you to get a DUI (driving under the influence) before you're able to get your jump. :D
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

...skydiving is already in your blood!
Careful not to get pulled over, you may be over the legal skydiving blood limit. We'd hate for you to get a DUI (driving
under the influence) before you're able to get your jump.
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.
still havent figured out to quote a past thread. Anybody know?

I dont think that I have to worry about getting pulled over, at least not for real :) This whole EMS thing does have its perks afterall. Besides, my best friend is a cop for my hometown, so whenever I do get "pulled over" its cause one of the Boys wants to torcure me or ask me where davie is (my best friend). AH, i love EMS work. its gets me sooo many benifits. hehe
Ill be DUI sunday morning, about 8:50 am, on my way to the dz. so be looking for a run away frog evading police (davies working so im expecting to get tourmented), heading out to the local DZ. :) It should be on your local news channel.
froggie
ps. thanks for the advice. esp. the piece about being use to the wind in my face. It is something that i have learned to expect, and deal with quickly

You Go Girl!!
Don't take advice is good advice,, but just my 2 cents,, you'll be pumped full of adrenaline,, which will wanna make ya get tunnel visioned but also heighten your senses,, so relax the best way ya know how, visualize it goin right again and again,, and ya listen to your JM,, relax some more,, visualize some more,, lotsa muscle memory practice and have fun!!
Yaaahhhhoooo!!
Happy Landings!
Billy

Listen to your instructor in the class. Especially listen to the bits about landing paterns and malfunctions. Believe it or not, I know several people that had problems figuring out the landing patern thing.
When you are flying try to relax and have fun. Don't fixate on the fact that each jump is a test. If you do, you may get tense and hence not fly well.

Grasshopper is right Froggie. I've heard a TON of advice, all completely different,while at the DZ about all kinds of subjects. Listen politely but do what you JM tells you. You can filter that stuff later for info you might want/need and pick out what might work for you. Right now, it's the basics tho. And if you screw up a level, don't be hard on yourself. It happens! So you get to make another skydive *shrug* :-)
Be careful girl and most of all, have fun!
Pammi
http://skydivechick.tripod.com

Froggie
Listen to your instructor.. Take all advice(including this) with a grain of salt.. Oh, and if your DZ doesn't do it normally(I'm sure XKeys does), DEMAND emergency procedure practice in a suspended harness.. Nothing like pulling that cutaway handle, dropping a good foot and getting slammed, and THEN seeing if you get distracted or remember to pull the next handle.. :)Oh yea, and the biggest thing.. The thing that all JM's absolutely, positively require you to do for you to pass that level.. Well, two things.. SMILE AND HAVE FUN..
Mike

hey all
thanks for all the tips. you guys are totally right. I just have to relax and smile, all the while listening to my JM. I trust the staff at Xkeys to guide me in the right direction so Im not worried aobut tainted advice. And i know that they arent gonna let me up there without totally understanding it all. so thanks for the tips. Ill take it all with me.
but if i see a fly at 13'5 im gonna try and get em! nothinng like a mid jump snack!
froggie

Well froggie, just a word of advice from someone who has OVER 100 jumps, we have all been in your shoes here. Just keep your head up, get some good sleep the night before and bring the beer. You will do GREAT!!!!!!

But seriously, they have these really good pretzels here and Im not talking about the kind you get at the world freefall convention either. WHAT $5.00....... GET OUT OF HERE >:(
Bye the way, you have an ass that just dosnt quit;)

Garfel the snarthock!!!!!!!!!!!!!:S:S:S
"I will stick you with a rope"- ME