Squeak

commiserations to those who are feeling the pain

this is nothing short of tragic - pj was a GREAT guy - i've shared a bunch of good laughs with him and know how valued he was in the crosskeys family -

though i haven't been around in quite some time, i will think back fondly of the memories i did share with him

my deepest condolences to the staff and other friends and family!!

blues my friend
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

no sorry for misreading - my mind was obviously elsewhere - that's a whole other pain for tomorrow

i'll be fine - however i know that there are others who are effected even greater by incidents of today

as far as tomorrow goes - being a native ny'r - it's never forgotten - ever

i moved my previous post to a different thread
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I can't even remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, but I remember the way the sun was slanting through the window blinds of my bedroom when my radio alarm woke me up five years ago...

My heart goes out to all those who are grieving their losses today.

Let's not take a single precious moment for granted.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

5 years ago - Sep. 11th - will forever be with me. I was at work when it happened. We lost an entire firm that day. B|

My condolences to everyone who is grieving today.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

of the memory of this day.

I was supposed to be flying... somewhere that day... didn't get anywhere... I've flown on just about every anniversary since... I'll be flying on this anniversary too, from St. Louis to Philadelphia.

If you haven't seen Oli Stone's movie World Trade Center yet, you're missing out on something very special and tastefully done. Maybe this anniversary is a good day to see it.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

i was working for the board of elections in ny @ a public school

it was one of the saddest things i ever saw...mothers coming to pick up their kids telling them "daddys not coming home,baby"

i then went home and sat up on my roof and just went into a trance looking at what was left of the buildings...the billowing cloud of black smoke for miles

i lost my close friend mike cammaratta..22 years old..youngest firefighter in nyc..he was still a probie there for 6 months...he called his mom and left a voicemail saying "mom..im going to my first real fire..talk to you later"

i can remember when he first got the job we lit up a peice of paper in my friends record store and made him put it out..those were good times...

i also went to elementary school with someone who was in the building who i wasnt really close with..but knew him nonetheless...

it was surreal to see it in person and drive to work past it every morning on the BQE and just see the smoke rising out of it for months..

a very sad day...the saddest day of my life probably..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

I still cannot grasp the magnitude of that day. My sister lost her brother-in-law and my cousin lost his brother-in-law...both Cantor Fitzgerald.:( Neither of their bodies were ever recovered.[:/]

I grew up in NY and I only remember the NYC skyline with the towers down at the south end. I don't recall how many times I have been to the towers. I did eat in Windows on the World a few times. A few years back, I did visit Ground Zero. The debris had been cleaned up, but seeing that massive crater and 16 acres of basically open space was completely surreal. It is quite difficult to not tear up being at that site.[:/]

I often think that if a fortune teller would have told me prior to 9/11/01 that a jetliner would be hijacked and deliberately slammed into the Pentagon, killing 168. I think I would have been in shock. Then if the fortune teller told me that that event would not be the biggest news story of the day...well you get the idea.

Chris

I remember my father in law, who grew up in NY, (and happens to be downstairs right now) calling me from his apartment up the street from us and yelling "Oh my God Jaye! Jaye they hit the trade center! Jaye we're at war! Oh my God somebody just hit the towers with a jet! Jaye this is horrible!" :( -Then while he was on the phone with me and told me to turn on the news, the next one hit...and the Pentagon...and the last one off the radar...

And I just got dressed for work and went in, waiting for my husband to be called up to go somewhere to find someone to pay for what just happened...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

9/11 was a terrible day for this country...:(

For the World in General, my kids asked me why there was so much coverage on TV after the event. I sat them down and tried to explain some of the ramifications that it would have, most of them have come true so far.

My wife and i sat in awe as we saw the 2nd tower hit live on CNN, we thought it was a movie at 1st, and then we sat up all night watching until the sun rose[:/]
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

A couple months after, I was over in England. I couldn't believe how many brits expressed their sympathy to me when they realized I was an American. I found so many over there who were truly devastated by the events of that day.

Chris

I remember that day well. I didn't get anything done at work that day either. Kept going back to the conference room to watch the live TV reports. I actually caught the 2nd plane hit the tower live. Was in disbelief... Then I was sitting at my desk when my coworker told me one tower had just collapsed. Ran back to the conference room choked full of co-workers watching the news and saw repeated replays of the first tower going down. Then I saw the second tower collapse live. It was unbelievable...

Later I heard that there were 11 deaf workers who died in the WTC attack. The only close call among family members or friends that I know was my wife's aunt who had taken her friend to the roof of the WTC the afternoon BEFORE the attack. The aunt was a nervous wreck for weeks afterwards.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I cannot forget. I want to forget, in a way...but I can't. That day - from the phone call to tell me to not go anywhere and telling me to turn on the tv, to the first cup of coffee, to trying to get through to family back east.

I can't forget the terror of that day - not knowing if it was over; not knowing who - or what - was next. Not knowing if my mother had made it into the city or had been late as usual, which meant she'd've not been in the city before they closed it down.

I can't forget calling my father in CO at the time, and helping him figure out how to get home from there. Or DZBone trying to get home to his very pregnant wife, and planning out his route from Los Angeles to RI...with stops at DZ.commer's homes along the way to help with costs.

I can't forget the bright sun against the blue sky; a sky stained with death and black smoke; stained with evil and with hatred. A sky that had no airplanes in it. I can't forget the faces of those who made it through the inferno. I can't forget those who chose to jump instead of burn or suffocate. I can't forget the faces of the people, utterly blank and covered in powder and ash, struggling to walk home and let loved ones know they still lived.

I can't forget the signs, the people holding the signs, with pictures of those lost in the strikes. I can't forget the photos of the missing. Nor can I forget the faces of those who wanted so much to have their loved ones come home, and knew they wouldn't. The sights and sounds of a city devastated but returning and coming back incredibly fast - the lights of Broadway being dark...and then coming back, in a tour d' force of support.

I can't forget that the world grieved with us, cried with us, railed against the terrorism with us. I can't forget the memorials at the US embassies all over the world; for a moment, on the heels of such tragedy, there was union; there was communion.

I can't forget. And even though a part of me wants to forget, to forget every moment of that day and the days following...I can't forget. And I don't think I want to, after all.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

driving past the pentagon this morning gave me goosebumps.

i grew up just outside of nyc. as a kid, most of my friend's parents would take the train into the city every morning to work, including my own father. many of them at the twin towers. 9/11 changed the lives of many people i grew up with. i was very lucky as my brother and nephew were right there and made it out. it was the longest day in my life waiting and not knowing and not being able to reach anyone by cell phone.

my thoughts and prayers are with many today.