lawrocket

Why do so many people hate Speaker's Corner so much?

I didn't say anything about "loving" Bonfire, bro. What I said was that I thought more people ought to take advantage of the topical forums. I think there are a lot of people who post to both of those forums mentioned who ought to get off their asses and actually skydive. You, of course, do not fall into that category.

Chuck

Since I don't skydive so much anymore, I suppose I fall into that category....and I don't have much useful to contribute to the topical forums (though I do still read them). So I stay on the periphery of the skydiving world by perusing and posting in the "Community" forums. They can be kinda fun if ya' don't spend too much time here....

It's a pretty good way to keep up with folks! After all, don't you think that socializing is a big part of what makes skydiving fun?

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I didn't say anything about "loving" Bonfire, bro. What I said was that I thought more people ought to take advantage of the topical forums. I think there are a lot of people who post to both of those forums mentioned who ought to get off their asses and actually skydive. You, of course, do not fall into that category.

Chuck

I read most of the other forums (excluding BASE, Video and Wingsuit), and contribute when I'm able to add something to the conversation.

I don't jump very much right now, because of funds (recurrency and repack needs) and because of time. I wish I had the funds to get and stay current; I wish I had the time to stay current. I have neither at the moment, though I hold out hope that they will change in the near future.

Does that mean I should post elsewhere? Does that mean I'm not welcome here? Or does that mean that reading, and keeping one foot in the water while I work for the situation I'm in to change, is acceptable and doesn't exclude me from being a "real" skydiver?

See, I think that staying around and keeping current in my mind about things is the best way to stay in the sport during this period. And wouldn't you rather I keep my mouth shut on things I don't know/can't contribute to (ala threads in safety, general, incidents) rather than simply confuse the issues? And would you rather I not read the information at all, because for the moment (granted, it's a long moment) I am earthbound and unable to touch the sky?

Dunno...I think I'll keep things the way they are, and continue posting when I can contribute, and keep reading the rest to learn how to skydive more safely and keep my gear in the best shape I can. But then again, that's just me.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Does that mean I'm not welcome here?

I can only speak for me, but you're definitely welcome.:)
When I first started jumping someone made a comment on here to me that I was not a real jumper b/c I had never left a bill unpaid to go skydiving.:S At the time, I was jumping every weekend and was always at the DZ. I did as many jumps as I could afford, whether it was 2 or 10 for the weekend. I was pretty sad hearing what someone else thought about me in that respect.

Then I got over it.B|

And I haven't paid much attention to the finger pointers/eye-rollers ever since.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

:P

Billy thinks the questions I ask him are hilarious.

I ask him in all seriousness--my family is all different denominations from agnostic to mormon.:P

I know a great deal about the religious beliefs themselves, but it's the little things I'm clueless on--like seriously; I've always wondered about stilletos in church. There I am, at his cousin's christening in flats, jealous of the aunt in heels.:D

I ask him all sorts of manner-related questions as to what is and what is not appropriate. Thankfully his family finds me charming and laugh with me, not at me, when I say or do things that are not quite the norm.:P

You shouldn't be thanking me---you should be kissing my feet!

I literally pushed him out the door, locked it behind him and said, "Don't come back until your ass has been 15k in the air, capeche?":D

Look out! <>:( voice> We're baaaaackkkkk.

:D;):P:)
It's hard to get us beach-living folk to "cross the ditch".:D

I often see people in here mentioning their dislike of Speaker's Corner? I don't understand why that is..

i dont dislike it..:P

I go there to feel all that love and light that the right wing posters toss at those they feel are leftists or liberals.
By their recconing anyone who is not a stuanch right wing republican is a lefty.. there is no room for moderates or anyone who does not agree with theoir own personal dogmas and positions in their world.

I personally love to bring discord to that world:ph34r:

By their recconing anyone who is not a stuanch right wing republican is a lefty..

Psst....they just say that to dismiss what people who don't agree with them say. If they call you "Liberal" then they don't have to make any further sense, and they SURE don't have to form a logical, thoughtful response.

Kicker is....same thing holds for people shouting, "Neo-Con!" Tit for tat.

heh, heh, heh....she said tit.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

By their recconing anyone who is not a stuanch right wing republican is a lefty..

Psst....they just say that to dismiss what people who don't agree with them say. If they call you "Liberal" then they don't have to make any further sense, and they SURE don't have to form a logical, thoughtful response.

Kicker is....same thing holds for people shouting, "Neo-Con!" Tit for tat.

heh, heh, heh....she said tit.

linz

heh heh heh heh. tit.

and you're right... reminds me of a cogent post by some greenie who is a duck... said something very similar once...

label people so as to dismiss them out of hand.

linz, glad you're not one of them, at least in my case. :)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

label...

But labeling CAN be fun. Billy's mom just got a labeler and now her closet is so organized and B|. She even has a basket with the label "Labeler maker & label supplies" on it.:D

but does her labelling cause her to dismiss the labeler out of hand? That's the point.
--

Chuck

I goto work then have some beers and a bomb goes off:P:P:P

Hell, yeah, Chuck!

on a binary basis, BF sucks just as much as SC. on a comparative basis, I'll take BF any day!

BF= the fun casual converations we have all day at the DZ. Random. Casual.

SC= the scary drunks at the DZ bonfire who... well, put us all off.

I sure wish there were more contributions to the skydiving topics.....:)
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

In my case, I can't skydive due to medical reasons for the past 3 years. For this reason, I will read the topical forums, but I don't feel comfortable posting in them as my skydiving experience is next to null. Atleast I can get to know the other dz.commers through Bonfire and SC.

Chris

I go there to feel all that love and light that the right wing posters toss at those they feel are leftists or liberals.
By their recconing anyone who is not a stuanch right wing republican is a lefty.. there is no room for moderates or anyone who does not agree with theoir own personal dogmas and positions in their world.

You do exactly the same, but for the other side. Anyone that disagrees with you, you call a fascist, or NEOCON.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You do exactly the same, but for the other side. Anyone that disagrees with you, you call a fascist, or NEOCON.

Hey Ron... You're a FASCIST NEOCON!!!! And a CHICKENHAWK!!!

just kiddin man. :D I just thought I'd beat the tall one to it. :D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...