LisaM

Better yet, how many computers?

Better yet, how many computers have you got?

1 Mine
2 Hubby's
3 Kiddo's
4 Server
5 Travel Laptop

At any given time we have 1 or 2 being worked on for friends. We have my mother-in-law's computer now.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

This desktop, and a laptop that doesn't work anymore, but at least we got the important stuff on the laptop drive transferred to this desktop after it broke.

Edited to add: And a 20 year old Mac SE-30 computer stored in the attic.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

1: the laptop I use all the time for almost everything

2: an old IBook I bought because it was cute and it made a good portable DVD player, haven't turned it on in over a year, but it still has some stuff on it that I want to copy over to another computer before I ditch it

3: an even older desktop that I don't use much at all, but it also still has stuff I want on it, and it's hooked up to my scanner and all the other peripherals cluttering up my desk at home

Ya, we made the switch to lappies 2 years ago and had 3 desktops laying around, so we turned them into servers. They're were all older model Pentium IIs with small HDs and even smaller RAM, so they made good back up and print servers. We upgraded the 3rd desktop to serve as a media server that houses our videos, pictures and music. 120 gb... and its almost full! :o

Lappies are the way to go though - I'll never switch back! B|

Jen
Arianna Frances

IBAD

Just the two if you only count traditional desktop and portable PCs; if you start to add the devices that run the DVR, the microwave, the Accu-Bake™ oven, the home theater system, etc., etc. I don't rightly know.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Better yet, how many computers have you got?

1 Mine
2 Hubby's
3 Kiddo's
4 Server
5 Travel Laptop

At any given time we have 1 or 2 being worked on for friends. We have my mother-in-law's computer now.

4.5 Omniskore scoring processors
4 Omniskore laptops
2 desktops
1 laptop
1 old 486 for BU
0.5 386 that was gutted for the 486
1 XT - wonder if that still works?

Just last week I had 11 of them networked together.
That's why the answer machine was disconnected.
Need more power strips.

Do you want the inventory of CPU cards, motherboards, network cables, CD drives, sound cards, monitors, hard drives, floppy drives, hubs, power cables, etc, etc?

PS
I would have more, but I set up the desktops and laptops for multiboot.
{dos, win 3.1, NT, 2000, XP, Linux}

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Well I have this laptop (MacBook), my old laptop (iBook), my work laptop (Dell:S), and an old junk laptop that still works. Plus I have 2 old desktops and a demo server for work. I have 6 computers all to myself B| Used to be 7, but I sold my other laptop.
Why does it say "Append signature to post" when I don't have a signature?

desktop at work that I don't own, but I'm the only one who uses it.
laptop at home
a few old laptops in the closet
400+ server farm at work and school

Of course we could probably include things like graphing calculators and cellphones here.

I wonder how many people will be able to log on to vote 0:D
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

OMG, I love my Dell - it rocks. We've got a Toshiba which is such a piece of crap - danm charging circuit overheats all the time - so you can't actually use it while its charging, toshiba knows about the problem and won't recall - almost all their laptop models have this problem. A compaq that won't reboot after going into Hibernate Mode... even after a bios update... The dell rocks. Never had a single thing wrong with it. I often wonder why people don't like Dell Laptops - we've had a great experience with them, will definitely buy again - unlike the others.

Jen
Arianna Frances

Here and now, I have 3 computers. Systems considered mine are:

1. Custom built desktop (mostly a file server, built it 2 years ago).
2. Personal Laptop (Dell XPS I bought last year).
3. Work Laptop (crappy old Panasonic Toughbook, US govt issued), getting a new one very soon B|.
4. Old dead laptop that was very good to me, but I haven't had the heart to toss it (for 3 years) :S.
5. Old Dell desktop I bought 3 years ago when my laptop died. I used it for a year, then gave it to my folks. I retired the P2-350 I built for them in 1997 :o.