kelel01

I got pulled over by Officer Farva last night!

ME- take me down to the barracks right now and let me talk to your seargant, who btw I happen to have know for 10 years you stinky fucker...do it I dare you

HA!

I had someone say something to that effect to me one night. So I simply called my Sgt. He knew of the person, and could see no reason why any sort of special treatment should be given.

Just because someone knows a lot of cops, doesn't mean that the cops don't think that the person is an asshole.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

actually I come from a very poor family...the truth was this guy was pulling a douche move and was an asshole about it...maybe I left the asshole part out of it...

and no I wasnt a brat I had to work for everythign I have and one of those things is not getting my civil libertys treaded on by a douchebag...

btw that douchebag got fired anyway cause he fucked with someone else and they actually went after him

truth be told I like most of the cops I meet, this one went out of his way to be an asshole and I gave it back to him tenfold...does that make me an asshole perhaps... but in truth he deserved what he got

dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Just because someone knows a lot of cops, doesn't mean that the cops don't think that the person is an asshole.

Aye...

the truth of the matter is that this guy was actually an asshole and I gave him back what he gave...

if he had been nice from the get go about the total crap that he was harrassing me abotu I would have been nothing but respectful...

but he wasnt and for no good reason...so WITH good reason I called him an asshole....and then when he felt small cause I called him an asshole and threatened me...I threatened him right back...and by the fact that he left without so much as a parting shot he got the point

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

"It stinks like sex in here..."

"Where's our car?"

"They're pulling it out of the lake right now."

:o :o

"-Naw, we parked it over there." :ph34r:

"Get your game face on, Rabbit..."

"Yes boss."

"That's a lot o' hooch!" B|

"Hey bear...bear, fucker. Are you ok?"
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I personally know the trooper in the second citation you presented. I find it absolutely unbelieveable that he did as was alleged. But, if they've filed felony charges against him, there must be something. I hope his day in court proves him to be the man I know, and not the one the press has made him out to be. It's really sad how the press can ruin someone before they've even had a chance to defend themselves.
Especially the Spokane paper - it seems to be an official policy with that paper that public officials are fair game.

Oh, can anyone say Kapowsin?

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

Hell I think the Mayor was DEFINITELY fair game... another fucking hypocrite.

I do have problems with cops and others in power who do not protect and serve.... but abuse the power they have.

In my rather LARGE extended southern family... the only difference between some of them being on one side of the law or the other was the ones who did not get caught in their wrongdoing went on to become police officers...

The mayor was a hypocrite. It was amusing when Al Franken's show came here and broadcast. They really lambasted the mayor - he declined to appear on the show.

I have problems with any official who abuses their power, reagardless of party affiliation.

I just think the trooper in question is getting shafted by the press, which seems to latch on to such stories like a dog on a bone and refuses to let up until great damage has been done.

I'll let you know how his trial turns out.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who attracts bad cops. It has gotten so bad in the last 4 or 5 years that I now carry my mini-disk recorder almost everywhere I go. I may not be able to use the recording in court-due to some oddity of the law I am sure-but hopefully it will be on the news or something.;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I personally know the trooper in the second citation you presented. I find it absolutely unbelieveable that he did as was alleged. But, if they've filed felony charges against him, there must be something. I hope his day in court proves him to be the man I know, and not the one the press has made him out to be. It's really sad how the press can ruin someone before they've even had a chance to defend themselves.
Especially the Spokane paper - it seems to be an official policy with that paper that public officials are fair game.

Oh, can anyone say Kapowsin?

Vint

You personally know this guy......That is just it, these people are just like everyone else, the may fudge a little at work and people just like you may refuse to believe it or whatever...........But felony charges against one of their own do not come often..........When these people fudge, good private citizens are left in the shit!;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

What should you do if you feel a cop is being inappropriate with you?

Your cop, your neighbor? They're people too, tell him/her. If that doesn't work, you may have to contact his/her supervisor. That should be a 2nd step, though, since that's when it gets serious for the officer. Days off, and other actions that could actually lead to loosing his/her job. However, if there is a problem and your neighbor won't act right, then that may be what you have to do.

What is your neighbor doing, is it while on duty or off duty and does it involve anything illegal. Feel free to PM me if you wish.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

He didn't even have a legitimate reason to pull me over!

It was his Birthday and wanted what was rightfully his.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

swearing in a public place is an offence over here. I'd let it go if it was swearing in general conversation but directed at me... no way... you have to take action else every idiot would be out there disrespecting police officers... he would have failed my attitude test.

Ah, so this really isn't about enforcing the written law, it's about enforcing the unwritten "law" against "contempt of cop". You've got a badge and you've got authority, and you'll teach those punks not to mess with you. Right?

Ah, so this really isn't about enforcing the written law, it's about enforcing the unwritten "law" against "contempt of cop". You've got a badge and you've got authority, and you'll teach those punks not to mess with you. Right?

It's an offence [:/] People swear in conversation all the time but meaning nothing by it, its just the sad state of peoples language nowadays. I am a culprit for it most definately. If, however, someone is directing insults and swearing at another person then they should be dealt with accordingly. Just because I wear a uniform does that mean I should put up with abuse. Afraid not, in fact having a duty to preserve the peace and uphold respect for the law I am MORE likely to take action rather than let it slide. Its not about a power trip although, of course, showing someone the error of their ways is always amusing B|