agent_lead

SMALL PLANE CRASHES INTO BUILDING IN NYC

Aircraft crashes in New York

A small aircraft has crashed into a high-rise residential building at 72nd Street and York in Manhattan, police said. Police are en route to the site, said to be at 525 E. 72nd Street. Flames and smoke could be seen pouring from the high rise apartment as fire engines raced to the scene.

From CNN.com.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think it may be more like that kid a couple years ago who comitted suicide when he crashed a little cessna into a building. I'm not counting on it being an accident since the airspace is so restricted, why would a plane be there anyway?

Maybe a news helicopter though?

FDNY is saying it was a helicopter. There is a Heliport further south on the East side. Apparently it was having trouble and dropped sharply hitting the apartment building at a steep angle. Reports are also coming across that people may be trapped in the higher floors.

I have an apt. on the west side and I regularly (meaning about 5-6 times and hour) see helicopters and small planes below me (I am on 34th Floor)

Step away from the keyboard... slowly...

Then, go lock yourself in a central closet until someone comes to give you the all clear.
Whatever you do, don't come out until then.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

OMGZ A SMALL AIRCRAFT HIT AN APARTMENTZ, TEH WEROLD IS ENDING. HURRY UP AND GO BUY LOTS OF BOTTELD WATOR AND DUCKT TAEPZ!1111

Please remain calm - I would like to note that duct tape is used to repair airplanes NOT buildings!

Looking at CNN I may conclude that the airplane is beyond repair, ergo you should buy dry wall - that is used to repair buildings. I agree with bottled water - construction makes you thirsty!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275