shropshire

Tom Cruise.... I never thought that I'd say this....

I actually enjoyed one of his films last night.... I watched 'Last Samurai' on the telly and was well impressed. Great cinematography, well directed, great fight scenes and not too much 'Miles and Boom' stuff.

Seen it? What did you think?

P.S I still think he's a tosser.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

yes tom is an assmonkey to the millionth degree... but he does make some decent films...

i liked the last samurai... story was a little cheesy but you're right, the cinematography was gorgeous...

i have to say my favorite tom flick still is the legend :P
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

that devil used to scare me - how real that thing was - so was that swamp lady thing... maybe i should add this to the horror flick thread ;)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

yes tom is an assmonkey to the millionth degree... but he does make some decent films...

Actors don't make films...

holy crap - mr technical over here :P i'm sorry - he ACTED in some decent films... better? ;)

TopGun was so cheeeese! IT WAS EXCELLENT! :D:D:D

Part i remember is him going down beside the runway as a jet is taking off and hes smiling away. God im nearly falling off my chair cringing! :S:D:D:D:D

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I try to separate the person from their craft; a great many weirdos have created some extraordinary things.

Days of Thunder is a fantastic movie and I love it.:P

I've enjoyed many other Tom Cruise movies, too. But I haven't seen the Last Samurai.:(
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

was also good in Interview with a Vampire. Actors in general are pretty whacko though. One of the reasons Bruce Campbell is my favorite actors is because he's a pretty normal down to earth guy.

Oh, please. If I liked anyone for that reason alone I wouldn't like anyone.:P

I don't want to be average, myself.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yeah, Cruise is weird, but I like most of his movies. I loved Vanilla Sky, Magnolia, The Last Samurai, War of the Worlds, Minority Report, and Eyes Wide Shut.

He's had his bombs too, but overall, I've dug his work.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Yeah, Cruise is weird, but I like most of his movies. I loved Vanilla Sky, Magnolia, The Last Samurai, War of the Worlds, Minority Report, and Eyes Wide Shut.

Funny ... none of the ones you've listed are ones I'd include in my faves:

Vanilla Sky - hated it. The exact moment I realized Cameron Crowe was not infallible. It was like the moment I saw North and realized the same about Rob Reiner. :D
Magnolia - still trying to figure out the fucking frogs, but it wasn't really my favorite movie. I keep trying to like Paul Thomas Anderson films and failing.
Last four I haven't seen, though I am interested in checking out War of the Worlds and Minority Report.

I loved:
Collateral
Jerry Maguire
A Few Good Men
Risky Business

Mission Impossible was fun, too.

He may be a wack job, but he does have talent. But hell, a lot of the great artists (be they actors or other types of artists) are.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Funny ... none of the ones you've listed are ones I'd include in my faves:

Vanilla Sky - hated it. The exact moment I realized Cameron Crowe was not infallible. It was like the moment I saw North and realized the same about Rob Reiner. :D
Magnolia - still trying to figure out the fucking frogs, but it wasn't really my favorite movie. I keep trying to like Paul Thomas Anderson films and failing.
Last four I haven't seen, though I am interested in checking out War of the Worlds and Minority Report.

I loved:
Collateral
Jerry Maguire
A Few Good Men
Risky Business

Mission Impossible was fun, too.

He may be a wack job, but he does have talent. But hell, a lot of the great artists (be they actors or other types of artists) are.

i have to laugh because i was thinking the same thing... though minority report definitely kicked ass... i can't get past the first 10 minutes of war of the worlds... just didnt do it for me... vanilla sky and magnolia were definitely overrated - and really - what IS with the damn frogs...

like i said earlier - LOVE - the legend.. interview with the vampire...a few good men:)

Vanilla Sky - hated it. The exact moment I realized Cameron Crowe was not infallible.

Totally disagree - though I do feel the same way about Eyes Wide Shut and Stanley Kubrick.

I think Tom's taken some good roles recently. Until Collateral and Vanilla Sky I would have called him a bit of a one trick pony but he turned in some great performances with those.

Still an absolute nutjob, but a nutjob who owns a P51 Mustang so he can't be all bad!;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yes! Cocktail! Definitely on my all-time favorites list.:)
And Krisanne, I love Cameron Diaz.>:(

;):P

Where did I say I didn't like her? I didn't like the movie.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke