TheBile

How did fate introduce you to the love of your life ?

Got a random e-mail from a guy on myspace. A friend of mine that I hadn't talked to in years saw me on his friends list and told him she knew me. It turned out it was his Aunt. So we got back in contact with eachother and she invited me out with the group and to met her nephew. I met up with her and she introduced me to her friends and nephew. I wasn't intereted in him, but my s/o was part of the group and we hit it off instead. That was the beginning of the end. We now have a newborn baby boy and we're getting married in June. :)

What the crap?! Where are all the posts saying "I was born with her", with a photo of their right hands attached? :D

I was going to, but it wouldn't be funny now:|
Oh, and that would be left hand... not right.
Why does it say "Append signature to post" when I don't have a signature?

DZ.COM!!!!!

He was a post whore at the time, and he mentioned a tiny town in Illinois where his family is from. I drive past the exit for that town on the way to the DZ, so I PMed him.
We started IMing regularly. That was November 2001.
We met in May 2002.
Now married for over a year.

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I'm losing faith that fate will step in and save me from a life of singledom. Tell me your stories so that I know it's still out there working hard to bring people together.:)

Walked up to a girl at a dropzone while I was traveling...did a few jumps...6 days later, we decided to spend the rest of our lives together. For the first 2 years together, we worked together and were at each others side 24/7....not one arguement, not one problem...I have truely found my soulmate

Fate can be cruel. I finally got the love of my life, but i know it's not gonna work out. For now i'm enjoying him, but i know he'll leave me eventually.

Your thoughts will drive you to that outcome. As in, resign yourself that you will die in a car accident, and I'll put money on it that you will. Manifest your destiny.

I sort of knew her roomate, who was good lookin', but a real bitch. Anyway, one day I get a phone call and she introduces herself and says her roomate told her I can help her go make a skydive. "Oh sure, we can do that", sez I. When I actually met up with her, she was more beautiful than I could even believe. The sparks didn't fly all at once though, it still took us another month to start getting together. But that was 26 years ago and we're still together.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

It started out as any normal Sunday afternoon. I was flying my wingsuit, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I noticed some extra weight on my back (no honey, I'm not calling you fat!). Her name was Ashley and though it was a fun skydive, I had to ask her to dismount at 5000 ft, so that we could separate and deploy our parachutes safely (skydivers refer to this as "breaking off"). Being a gentleman, I allowed her to deploy her parachute first, and watched to make sure everything came out ok. I promptly gave her a proper wingsuit buzz job and screamed her name as I flew 50 feet in front of her. She smiled and kicked her legs, as I flew away to deploy my own life-saving device. Later, on the ground, I only thought it fitting to take her home. Ok, truthfully she took me home.

That was about 9 months ago. B|

Obviously there's more to the story... but it was much more fun to tell it that way. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

my girl steph gave birth to her on wednesday :) and greg (her brother and super special person in my life) invited me to go see her with him :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

It was all because of bubbles...:) REALLY! Care to hear about it? :)

I'm 19 and in the army. I'm lonely and depressed in my barracks room, so I bust out a bottle of bubbles and start blowing bubbles to make myself happy (small things, but it works :ph34r:). My barracks roommate walks in, sees me blowing bubbles, and says, "OMG!! you have GOT to meet Brian's roommate!" (Brian was her boyfriend, a ranger in the army)

"A Ranger?" >:( I said, "I don't date special ops guys! They're womanizing pigs!" >:(

"No Jaye, really you have to meet him. I walked into their barracks room, and there was his roommate, wearing blue goggles, listening to music, and blowing bubbles! You were MADE for each other!" :)
I grudgingly agreed to go on a double date with them...

-13 years and 3 kids later; I guess we really were made for each other! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

"No Jaye, really you have to meet him. I walked into their barracks room, and there was his roommate, wearing blue goggles, listening to music, and blowing bubbles! You were MADE for each other!"

The planets MUST have been aligned just right! :)
TOO COOL! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

We were sitting outside a little stone cottage in Wales getting wet from the rain, he asked me for a light, I put my tongue in his ear. I went home, ditched the boyf of 10 years and we hooked up. Classy eh!? I don't think you should look for love. Make lots of friends and be happy...thats the most attractive thing in the world. X
"I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation. And I was thinking to myself, now this girl's special..." M Renton

Well it was March 2005... Late one night at the DZ, the DZO and I are up late "b.s."ing and screwing around on the computer. He was a major IM whore and always hitting up 19-20 year old girls trying to get the out to the DZ. I told him he was wasting his time with the young ones and should focus his attention on the early 30-somethings. I asked him to let me take a stab at it, and off I went.

Found a girl in the local area that was cute and actually had a picture of a tandem on her profile. Turns out she had made 1 jump before. Well we chatted for a while and she said she had wanted to make another jump and would be in touch.

Fast forward to the next day. Found another girl that looked pretty hot on her profile and struck up a conversation. Come to find out that this new girl was best friends with the girl we had just been chatting with the night before! What are the odds that we would be chatting at two different times with girls around Atlanta who were best friends, both were interested in making a skydive, and both were named Jen... (hence teamjenn, there actually is a 1 & 2)

Well we found out that one of the Jen's had a rain check from ASC when she was told to come on out during an ice storm :S... Therefore the dzo and I took a shot and worked out an incredible deal for these two to come out and make a jump if she would forget about the rain check. If I remember correctly it was $25.00 and a case of beer! ;) They decide that if that deal will hold up for both of them, then sure, they will come out.

I never really thought they would show... I was wrong! Here I am, kicked back in manifest wearing some comfy cargo pants and a dz.com t-shirt when these two cute girls come strolling in the building. I was thinking "WOW"! They showed... and brought me green bottles! B|

Me, in my best attempt to put no pressure on them, tried to keep to myself a bit. About then is when the cuter of two tells me I need to make a run with them to McDonalds... OK... I'll go! :)

Had a fun night hanging out and chatting when it came time to attempt to sleep. After all, we had to be up at 6:00 am for first load! :o Being the gentleman that I am, I offered Jen (the cuter one) 1/2 of my air mattress. I do not believe we slept at all that night. We layed there most of this night watching skydiving videos the DZO was recording. I lightly rubbed Jen's back to ease the tension of the impending jump in a few hours. :ph34r:

Fast forward a couple of hours, just when we are about to doze off for a bit, I hear my fawking cowbell! Time to get up and get moving, it's sunrise! We get geared up, (myself, Jen, DZO/TM, & video guy) get the pilot, and head to our beloved little 182.

On the ride to altitude I ask the DZO if he called about the winds aloft. He says "no, it is early and there is nothing on the ground, just get out right over the clubhouse..." Care to guess where this is going? We finally get to altitude. I am doing a solo, so I spot it right over the building, I do my best back flip exit of the step, and away I go.

I was working on my sit and bellied out around 4,500. As I look down, I realize that I did indeed did keep my self 90 degrees from line of flight, but I was no where near where I wanted to be... Deploy, face the DZ... Nope... Can't get there from here! There is a major head wind. Look down, ahhh yes, the horse pen. Land in the pen, gather my stuff, and head out. During this process I look up several times with no sign of the tandem (damn i hope they land in this county). Meanwhile there are several horses on my trail. One big mare is right at my head. I finally get out to the road and realize that the goggles which were laying in my helmet are now gone. The big mare has them!

The video guy shows up in his car to pick me up, he actually barely made it back to the dz thanks to being on a 105. He asks if I saw where the tandem went and i say no... We spent at least 45 minutes looking for them with no luck. I am now getting a little concerned. If they landed on the otherside of the river, it will take at least an hour and a half to get them back; but surely we should have seen them...

Well not too long after we give up and head back to the dz, I see that same cute girl and the DZO walking up the driveway. (whew, relief) They landed about 1.5 miles off the airport. By the bend in the river! A little more wind and they would have been on the other side...

Fast forward to the end of the day. Jen and I exchange yahoo identities and say we will keep in touch. I couldnt wait to talk to her again... I tried to wait a day or two, but I just couldnt... We chatted quite a bit through the following week. The next weekend was Dublin. I called Jen from outside the T-Hangar where Eric Deren and Shimmel were spinning to wish her a happy birthday and let her know I wished she were able to experience that part of the skydiving world.

Fast forward another week. Jen and I set a date at her apartment to watch one of our favorite movies "Clerks". When I arrived, Jen had dinner almost ready. Ribeye steaks about an inch and a half thick, these unbelievably tasty mashed potatoes, and a fridge full of Heineken... She's a keeper!

We were happily married on April 13th 2006!
(the thirteenth hour of the thirteenth day of the thirteenth month since we met) B|

That's my story... Sorry if it was a little too long...

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

We were sitting outside a little stone cottage in Wales getting wet from the rain...

Is that the one in Pembrokeshire, just North of Amroth, where the bottom stone on the southwest corner (just next to the drainpipe) is stained a yellowish green ? If so I apologise, but I was busting to take a pee.[:/]
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

i was looking around, desperate to find one. half the ones the wanted turned out to have qualities i wasnt too keen on. now the love of my life isnt perfect, but damn! i love her....B|

edit : yes, im single.... :P
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

"No Jaye, really you have to meet him. I walked into their barracks room, and there was his roommate, wearing blue goggles, listening to music, and blowing bubbles! You were MADE for each other!"

The planets MUST have been aligned just right! :)
TOO COOL! B|

Yeah I don't think there are two people in the world more perfectly matched. We have the same taste in humor, music, movies...everything. -And when I heard that he was Catholic too, that kinda sealed it. :PB| It's hard to find a nice Catholic boy in the army...especially one that's as goofy as I am! :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Hey, I didn't take you home!!!! Oh, wait..... maybe I did. :$ But all of this really started the day before on the first day of Uwe's Country Jam boogie in Sebastian.

I was working in the manifest office that weekend and couldn't stop staring at Matt when he was registering at one of the windows. Honestly, I couldn't stop staring at those blue eyes.... Ok, and maybe a little bit of his butt. :$ At the time I never thought I would seriously date anybody again because I got out of a really bad relationship the summer before, so I was so convinced that I wasn't even looking for anybody for a long time. A bunch of the boogie goers went out to a bar that night, and here comes the cute guy coming up and getting involved in a conversation I was having with somebody about flight aerodynamics. To my suprise, he actually knew what he was talking about and benefited the conversation. It was over from that point for me as soon as I found out he was as much of a science/engineering geek as me AND he was a skydiver. Like he said, I did two rodeos on him the next day and took him home. And I think it's been about 10 months since then, but who's counting! :P

I don't know about fate and I don't want to find a solution as to why things worked out to where we've been able to experience the amazing times we've had together these past 10 months; all I know is that I've never been happier in my entire life -with such a beautiful person like Matt, and it all happened when I was looking for it the least!

I'll go with a non-aerial shot of us this past weekend after one of his sunset beach jumps at the Keys Boogie.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)