TheBile

How did fate introduce you to the love of your life ?

I'm losing faith that fate will step in and save me from a life of singledom. Tell me your stories so that I know it's still out there working hard to bring people together.:)
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I did the DVD for my GF Zoe's tandem and apart from a the usual chit chat we didnt say much.

A few days later I recieved an email asking for another copy of the DVD and that was the start of a text/messenger friendship.

We met up for the first time about 3 or 4 weeks later and hit it off straight away. We have been together now for 7 months and although we live about 45miles apart see each other 3 or 4 nights a week and talk most nights for at least 30 mins.

She is an amazing person, happy to sit on the DZ all weekend whilst i jump and never complains. I guess I have hit the jackpot.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

I was sposed to be meeting a lady friend for a night of you-can-guess-what :$ - would have been the first time we'd been together in that way :P

Anyhow it all went tits up, she couldnt make it an all that, so I thought to myself fuck it, hotel was booked and could not be cancelled, I'm going out on my own (mates were all busy too!). I did, and met the love of my life. I was pissed as a newt, an kept asking her 'where's your boyfriend?' - she kept saying 'I dont have one (great!) - I have a husband (boo)'

Anyways, I got her number and text her a few days later, we started an affair :), and now she lives with me ;). 4 years on and I'm as happy as pie!!! :)
I tell you what though - fate don't half do some strange things, just don't look too hard and someone will come your way when you least expect it!!!

Out of 10,000 feet of fall, always remember that the last half inch hurts the most — Captain Charles W. Purcell, 1932

I had just uprooted my entire life from Washington state and moved to NC. Upon arriving here, I found that the employment opportunities I moved here for had dried up and vanished completely. My dad invited me on a big canoe trip to the Shackleford Banks with a bunch of his peers (old fogies :P), so I faced the prospect of keeping my mouth shut the entire trip. The morning we woke up in the campground before setting out across the channel in canoes, I saw a beautiful woman my age strolling around our group's hodge-podge gathering of vehicles. turns out she was invited by a co-worker of hers who is a member of my dad's canoe club. We spent the entire weekend exploring the island, finding the wild ponies, an old cemetary and no less than four different ecosystems. After that, we promised to keep in touch. Here we are nearly five years later, more in love than ever. :$
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

just don't look too hard and someone will come your way when you least expect it!!!

God I HATED it when people told me that.
And I HATED it even more when I realized it was true.
So I guess it's good advice.

Girls feel when you're desperate, and tend to think that if you're desperate, that's because there's something wrong with you.
So stop thinking that you would be grateful if a girl wanted you, and start thinking that THEY should be grateful if you wanted to have them.

Easy to say, hard to do.

Worked for me, I met THE girl 2.5 years go, exactly when I started thinking "damn girls, if they don't want me, their loss. I'll save my dignity."
"We call on the common man to rise up in revolt against this evil of typographical ignorance."
http://bancomicsans.com

nanner and I were EMT partners for several years before we discovered we were ment for each outher.

it got to the point we could look at each outher and communicate with a nod,word,or phrase.

We were best friends before we were in love..still friends and lovers 30 years later.

working in the high stress field of emergancy service caused a bond

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

I'm not sure I believe in fate in the sense that if one does nothing, everything will just happen for them.

But, I do believe that which needs to happen ultimately will one way or another.

I met Billy after I graduated AFF. I heard his voice on another former AFF student's post-student status video (Hi Joe!:P) and thought he sounded hot.:$ When I said that, everyone and their mom insisted I meet "BillyZ". And we did.B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

i met mine 6 feet under... while on a caving trip i then got talkng to her and it turned out she went to the same college as me. we saw each other more and more in college and it went from there but 1 year later i had to move to a diffrent country but we still keep in contact
Falling from the top floor
your lungs fill like parachutes

just don't look too hard and someone will come your way when you least expect it!!!

God I HATED it when people told me that.
And I HATED it even more when I realized it was true.
So I guess it's good advice.

Girls feel when you're desperate, and tend to think that if you're desperate, that's because there's something wrong with you.
So stop thinking that you would be grateful if a girl wanted you, and start thinking that THEY should be grateful if you wanted to have them.

Easy to say, hard to do.

Worked for me, I met THE girl 2.5 years go, exactly when I started thinking "damn girls, if they don't want me, their loss. I'll save my dignity."

Jib, GogglenTeeth, HappyThoughts, and several others told me the same thing...and exactly like they said "when and where I least expected it", I met someone who has changed my world in such a positive wayB|
So, like they said, stop looking and let love find you.

For me it was a matter of destiny, or 'Having Faith' :)

I kept seeing this gorgeous Red Head at several airshows all over the country one year.

She was pretty much the center of attention any place I saw her, with all kinds of airshow performers
and pilots of every type 'hanging' around...WAY outta MY league, but still, WHAT A FOX!

Fast forward to the end of the year, we were jumping into Hawthorne Racetrack in Chicago for their 150th anniversary celebration.

Doing the night pyro / parachute show, freezing cold, snow storm with high winds...
the other guys were landing all over the park, I got lucky and did a stand up right in front of the indoor grandstands.

I just dropped my gear in a pile for the ground crew and headed STRAIGHT for the bar inside.

Half way through my first frosty I hear behind me...

"So I was telling my date that I'm NOT easily impressed, but I know a little about skydiving
and I just HAVE to come over and meet you!"

We made eye contact, and it was like you hear about in poems...it wasn't a 'spark' but more of a lighting bolt!B|

As I took her hand and introduced myself, she just stared at me and asked...

"Did you just feel that!?":$:)

We've been together from that night, almost 15 years ago.

Her name? .......................................Faith! ;)B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

My best friend Brent & I have known each other since we were about 15. He was friends with Bun (nickname) who was friends with my (now) husband Chad. We started to become friends when the four of us hung out my freshman year of college. He was interested in me when we met, but I was dating someone else at that time. It wasn't until a year later that we had our first date, a Friday the 13th party. This December we will have been together for 10 years, and as of October we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. We now look back and see times where we could have started dating in that year span, but realisitically, neither of us would have been in the right place (per se) to have made it work.

PMS #394

How did fate introduce you to the love of your life ?

I discovered my True Love VERY early in life. I cant quite remember the exact moment as I could not have possible been more than just a couple Hours old.

I fairly certian it went something like this:
As I reached into the diaper.. There it was.. Wow!! Whats This?? Hey.. I Like this Thing.. This is GREAT!! Oh My.. I REALLY like this thing.. Hmmm I wonder were I can put this.. Hey.. Where did that Nurse go.. And Does she have any more of that Powder...:$:o:D:D

And from that day on, I have never neglected it.:D

We made eye contact, and it was like you hear about in poems...it wasn't a 'spark' but more of a lighting bolt!

"Did you just feel that!?"

Stick that between a foreword and an epilogue and you have yourself a romance novel B|
Gerb

As I reached into the diaper.. There it was.. Wow!! Whats This?? Hey.. I Like this Thing.. This is GREAT!! Oh My.. I REALLY like this thing.. Hmmm I wonder were I can put this.. Hey.. Where did that Nurse go.. And Does she have any more of that Powder...:$:o:D:D

And from that day on, I have never neglected it.:D

Your talking about shit, right ? :o:D
Gerb

I first met Travis at the SDA Halloween Boogie in 2003, when he and his brother Lyle had just got matching jumpsuits. They were showing them off to a friend of mine, and I couldn't help but notice Travis' bright smile.

Then, at the SDA Anniversary Boogie in 2004, Travis sat right in front of me in the Kingair. He turned around and asked what I was doing on the jump. "A solo," I replied. He said, "A SOLO? Are you sure you want to do a SOLO????" So Ian and he bumped off the automonauti dive to jump with me. :)
:$:)
Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Fate moved me 1500 miles from my friends and family. I setup a new life for myself and even started working at the dz. Sucked it up to take my B test (I hate tests) and he came in while it was being graded. Handsome as ever! Within a couple of months we were dating. That was 7 years ago. We are celebrating our 5th anniversary this weekend.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

We made eye contact, and it was like you hear about in poems...it wasn't a 'spark' but more of a lighting bolt!

"Did you just feel that!?"

Stick that between a foreword and an epilogue and you have yourself a romance novel B|

Trust me....it's been that, AND an adventure / action comedy! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~