TheBile

What's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you ?

I don't know about "ever," but in the last week two people said:

"I was so happy to finally meet you. You are warm, inviting and exhude goodness. There should be more people like you in this world."

"I want you to know that I really admire you for your strength, courage, and great heart."

They liked me. :)
The nicest thing an AFF instructor ever said, after pumping me up with a bunch of "you can do its," was "No matter what happens on this skydive, you won't disappoint me."

It's a good thing too because I didn't do very well. I'll never forget those kind words. It's exactly what I needed to hear at the time to keep me going.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I don't remember the year but it was early on the first day of a WFFC. No one was around. I went over and talked with the Air-speed guys. We decided to go make an eight-way. It was me, David Miller (current 4-way int champ) and 6 air-speed. We got 14 or 15 points in time. I was way over my head but I tried not to hold it back too much. They all just took off at 4. I was in the middle of a blind back in and didn't leave so I was in position with only the camera guy for comany. I hit the turbos, burned out of there and the camera guy watched me go.
At the de-brief, we watched the skydive pointing out my faults (lots).Craig Girard called everyone's attention and said "Every one pay attention and check this out". We watched the end of the jump one more time. He pointed to the screen and said "Now that's how you need to track right there."

I may not be able to make Air-Speed speed but I can track. I am still on a high from that moment of praise from Craig
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.