Twoply

What would you tell your 18 year old self now?

hmmm, when I was 18 it was 1983.

I would have told me to go into computer programming, especially graphics etc. And I would have told me about what HTML would be. And I would have told me about what companies would take off in the '90s

I'd probably be retired & living in a mansion by now.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Nothing. I would not want to risk causing myself to make decisions that might take away some of the things I really appreciate in life. For example had it not been for some earlier fuck-ups on my part I might never have been in a position to meet my wife.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

hmmm, when I was 18 it was 1983.

I would have told me to go into computer programming, especially graphics etc. And I would have told me about what HTML would be. And I would have told me about what companies would take off in the '90s

I'd probably be retired & living in a mansion by now.:P

I'd say track down Bill Gates and carry a shit load of programing books from today. :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Every seven yrs go out in the street and find a woman, then give her every thing you own. You will avoid all the headaches that way. Don't do drugs while you are in the Air Force. You will avoid all the headaches that way and you will retire at 41 yrs old. And your kids are the most important part of your entire life.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Rehabilitated? Well now, let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means...I know what you think it means. To me, it's just a made-up word, a politician's word so that young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?...There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. And not because I'm in here or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then. A young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him. Tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone. This old man is all that's left. I gotta live with that. 'Rehabilitated?' That's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Rehabilitated? Well now, let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means...I know what you think it means. To me, it's just a made-up word, a politician's word so that young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?...There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. And not because I'm in here or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then. A young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him. Tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone. This old man is all that's left. I gotta live with that. 'Rehabilitated?' That's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

Red - Shawshank Redemption - should have won the Academy Award for best picture. Screw run forest run.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

hmm...
one thing i know is at 18 i had no sense of how beautiful my body was, i felt geeky, not sure of myself, insecure, shy-

what would i tell my 18 yr. old self now?
"be proud of who you are, it is o.k. to just be yourself"

Tried to raise my boys to be secure with who they are, when my 18 yr. old asked about getting tattoos i told him to be sure that they mean something personal to him- (take time to think about the meaning.)

Attached some pics of his tattoos-
can anyone think of possible personal meaning??
-you do it to yourself?
-this one's optimistic?

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Interesting... cuz I just had a conversation with a friend who is kinda where I was at her age... (but she's one step up from where I was... more motivation, smarter, ...) anyway, I was a bit surprised by the advice that I was giving her. Kind of the... "if I were in this situation again..." but now that I think about it... I am who I am because of those challenges. If I had known how to take the easy road, would it have been as much fun?

I would tell myself to take school a lot more seriously and make that a priority. And to dump that hot, horny Spanish girl and stay with Janet because when she turns 21, she gets a trust worth millions that she does not even know about yet! Yea, missed that boat, but it was probably better for her! :)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Stay in school and get it done when you actually have the energy to do it...'cause it's damned exhausting and stressful to do it when you're 41. :S[:/]

Other than that, I echo Karen above - I am who I am because of the choices I made. I'm not necessarily the best person around, but I like who I am and what I stand for; and the ability to think for myself and learn for myself and stand up for what I believe in has come from not doing that, and learning the hard way that it's difficult to live with oneself until one lives with one's true self.

But man, I'm tired. I'm supposed to be studying right now, but all I have the energy for is sharpening colored pencils for anatomy class. I should be learning all about the kidneys, but the closest I can get to that is thinking about nephrons while I sharpen red, and considering the structure of the liver while I sharpen green.

Sigh. I'll be awake in class in three hours, but my brain is tired already.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

1. Don't eat ravioli and vodka mixed together.
2. Run like a madman when you meet a certain Catholic girl.
3. Don't put those sex toys in your English teacher's desk drawer.
4. Don't answer the door after you let the girls put make-up on you.
5. Don't sightsee on curvy mountain roads.
6. Don't try hang gliding.
7. Don't quit baseball because of that babe you're going to meet.
8. Don't get drunk and crawl down the side of the road in your underwear.
9. When you meet Corrie, don't assume that she is 18. Check her ID.
10. Buy gold when it gets deregulated.

11. Wear your hair in a french braid because it makes you look really HOT to all the ladies!! :D:D
(So sorry, I just can't let that visual go since it was the first time I ever met you!!)