eeneR

A forecast like this....

I love my Subaru!!!! :D

In the south 'burbs of Chicago we only got about 1/2 inch and the storm is essentially over. Forecast was way wrong for us.

In the Far West Burbs, I had about 4-6" when I left my house around 6:10am this morning. None of the roads however were plowed...took me almost 2 hours to drive what normally takes 45 min in rush hour :|

In general though I was impressed that people were not being that big of idiots on the road...just a few of them.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

About 5 inches near me but I benefit from extra trucks around the airport to keep traffic going (except for those times a jet chooses to park on Central Ave).

The only real issue with today was the subway setting on fire or some crap and all the trains being full. Woke up 15 min early and was only 2 min late for work (and the first one in),

But alas, the snow has stopped and it's already melting.

I'm in the office today, and it's blue skies outside. Tomorrow, I'll be at Schweitzer, where there's:
Acreage: 2900 skiable acres, 82 trails plus open bowl skiing
Terrain: 20% Beginner, 40% Intermediate, 35% Advanced, 5% Expert
Longest Continuous Groomed Run: 1.7 miles, the new Little Blue Ridge Run
Vertical Drop: 2,400 feet
Top Elevation: 6,400 feet
and the attached snow report. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

prob about 8" in a N burb. took about an hour of playing around and such to get my car out. needless to say i planned to showed up late. i think about 7 people today are working from home

Same here. It took me 30mts. to shovel my car out of my parking spot, then, I drove around to the front of my building and since the streets hadn't been plowed, my car slid into the yard across the street - buried up to the tires in wet, heavy snow. I kept rocking the car, digging, rocking...sigh. Got it out with my landlords help, drove about 10ft, took another turn, stuck again. I don't know how long I would have been stuck if my landlord hadn't showed up w/his 4wd.

I love the change of seasons, I really do, but after taking almost 2hrs. this morning I think I want to move somewhere warm.:|
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

We were under "blizzard" conditions up here this morning. Luckily, it looks like the frickin' snow has finally stopped. Classes were canceled. From the snow outside my front door, we've got around 16" of snow. :|

From the Weather Channel:

A fast-moving, but powerful winter storm blasted parts of the Midwest Thursday and Friday with snow, ice, and strong winds.

Snowfall rates of 1-2" per hour, accompanied at times by lightning, blanketed parts of Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Chicago's O'Hare Airport picked up around 6 inches of snow, although lighter amounts were measured near the lake. The heaviest snow in the Land of Lincoln fell in western and central parts of the state. Up to 18" of snow was reported, with even snowplows sliding into ditches.

Up to 18" of snow also buried parts of the Show-Me state, with 16" at Columbia, and around 8" in the southeast Kansas City suburbs. Of bigger concern, an estimated 2.4 million customers were without power early on Friday in central and southern Illinois and Missouri, due to accumulated ice downing tree limbs and powerlines. Some of these same areas ended up with several inches of snow on top of the ice. Icing was also reported early Friday in parts of Lower Michigan, with some limbs downed.

Milwaukee was buried under 11 inches of snow, with blizzard conditions, at times. Around a foot of snow shut down a section of busy interstate 94 in the western Milwaukee suburb of Waukesha, with three plows running side-by-side to clear the freeway. A whopping 16.5" of snow piled on Kenosha, Wisc. Significant accumulating snow should be finished in the Great Lakes this evening.

On the storm's "warm side", a widespread threat of damaging winds exists through the late evening hours in parts of the Northeast. The culprit was bands of rain and thunderstorms along and ahead of an advancing cold front bringing 60 to 90 mph winds just a few thousand feet aloft to the surface. Widespread tree damage was reported in the Cincinnati metro early today, and a squall line of strong storms downed numerous trees in western and central Pennsylvania in the early afternoon. Damage from winds not associated with thunderstorms was reported as far south as the north Georgia mountains. The most serious wind-damage threat should be clear of the Northeast by early Saturday morning.

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

You know how to get through all this snow?

1) Wake up late. That way all of your neighbors end up shoveling the snow. Then all you have to do is scrape the snow off the windshield.
2) Have a 4WD truck. Whatever snow is left you can just mosey on over.

Sure, you're going to be late to work, and you can just blame it on the damn people who don't know how to drive.

Or even better, you get to work, and your boss took the day off 'cause of the snow.
This ad space for sale.

Sure, you're going to be late to work, and you can just blame it on the damn people who don't know how to drive.

Or just have an awesome job where you get the day off when it snows this much. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I had no choice I had to go to work....someone has to baby sit the internet so those of you off of work can surf :D:D:D:D:DB|B|B|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I had no choice I had to go to work....someone has to baby sit the internet so those of you off of work can surf

I don't cable TV so i really have nothing else to do. I did however just start a load of laundry so i'm being somewhat productive.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

You know how to get through all this snow?

1) Wake up late. That way all of your neighbors end up shoveling the snow. Then all you have to do is scrape the snow off the windshield.
2) Have a 4WD truck. Whatever snow is left you can just mosey on over.

Or even better, you get to work, and your boss took the day off 'cause of the snow.

That is a good plan, however, very few people left my complex today...and the one's that did didn't have to shovel, they have trucks/SUV's so they did the 'mosey' thing.

Meanwhile, I'm up to my ass, and ON my ass (I fell 3 or 4 times) digging my car out mumbling "..."the next thing I buy will be the biggest, most obnoxious, gas-guzlin', Al Gore-be-damned SUV so I can drive over the snow, cars, and anything else I damn well please..." .

Believe me, the thought occured to me that I need 4wd!![:/]

My boss did have someone call me and tell me not to worry about coming in, which was nice.:)
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

It took me over 2.5 hours to get to work this morning. The same storm system crashed our corporate server yesterday and I came in today to find only 3 people on my team made it in. Basically, I've had to do 2 days worth of work for two people all in one day. It hasn't been a good day, and its not over yet! :|

I think I'm going to adopt a kid so I can have "snow days" too!

Oh, and my Beetle handled just fine in the snow, its just all the other idiots on the road that were in my way! :P