DustyP

whats right??....whats wrong??....whats even??

i love skydiving......i know there is goin to be much more to come, right?......so i asked for a mamba from my girlfriend for christmas.....i got it!
my girlfriend wants a $440.00 COACH purse! i just don't see that!...she's prolly gonna get the damn thing, but still! $440.00 for a purse.....is that really worth it....she trumps me..."you'll spend that much on skydiving in one month, all i want is the purse!"
so what am i to do??......don't bitch and suck it up?? or...bitch and try and get my point across!
not sure.....just not sure!
it is christmas....

Everybody's priorities are different. Spending lots of money on skydiving seems normal to you and me, but it's totally ridiculous to most other people.

So she wants a purse, it doesn't have to make sense to you. It makes sense to her, that's all you need to understand.

So basically, suck it up and quit whining.

I have only had/bought 2 purses in the past 10 years... both were Coach, not because I haven't wanted to buy another purse, but I haven't needed to. They are good quality. Factor in how much your sweetie may spend in purse(s) for the next ten years if she buys cheap quality.... ex. $50-$100 per year.

I don't believe I spent more than $300 for either of mine.

Up to you... :)
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

She got you a Mamba.:)

So here is what you should do. First get the purse she wants and get something to go with it as well. GO to your local dive shop and by a snorkel (Rig it up so it works threw your nose). Then give her the purse as she sits on your face for at least an Hour. Make sure she is good and satisfied then make her favorite drink.

I think that would be adequate.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

What are you bitching about???

She spent way more money on you!!! I personally would buy the purse then put $500 cash in it and tell her it is for cloths and you will go shopping with her.

Personally when I bought a new rig$4600, I turned right around and told my wife(girlfriend at the time) she could have a new wardrobe and I would go shopping with her. She only spent about $2000 and I kept telling her she could spend more if she needed to ( the rig and wardrobe went on a credit card that is now paid off)

First of all. Quit being a little bitch and think about the gift value you are whining about. Everyone else has you pegged so far.

Second.......am I the only person wondering why someone with 8 jumps in their profile is asking for a mamba? I hope either that is seriously out of date, or that you throw in your life insurance policy into your gf's new purse.

Good luck.

Then I remembered that this is the internet and that anything goes. Have fun.

Second.......am I the only person wondering why someone with 8 jumps in their profile is asking for a mamba? I hope either that is seriously out of date, or that you throw in your life insurance policy into your gf's new purse.

Good luck.

Then I remembered that this is the internet and that anything goes. Have fun.

Um before your panties get too far into a wad, he could be talking about Boneheads helmet the "Mamba"
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

>so i asked for a mamba from my girlfriend for christmas.....i got it!

Hmm. Well, you certainly didn't need that! A protec works fine (heck, better than the mamba when it comes to saving your life) and it's $40.

>bitch and try and get my point across!

The risk there is you actually DO get your point across - and she realizes you don't need things like a Mamba.

Is your profile correct? 8 jumps? Mamba? If so, good luck with that. Am I missing something here? Seems like the purse would be much more useful in this scenario. Maybe I'm missing something. I hope so.

edited:

Um before your panties get too far into a wad, he could be talking about Boneheads helmet the "Mamba"

Ah, I guess I may have been thinking the wrong thing. I hope so.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Second.......am I the only person wondering why someone with 8 jumps in their profile is asking for a Mamba? I hope either that is seriously out of date, or that you throw in your life insurance policy into your gf's new purse.

Edit because I assumed canopy, not helmet.
Owned by Remi #?

I think you are right unless the orginal poster posted the wrong link (since the link he posted was to areodyne.

That is where the freaking adds get confusing....:( Im going to guess you saw the auto link for adds, not a link he actually put there. [:/]
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I only see one link on the orginal post and that goes straight to AeroDyne

Yea, that is a "feature" of dz.com, part of the advertising...:| If you are a premier member you dont see that. Which is why i wondered why you guys had assumed, but it makes sense. I forgot about that. :S
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The link was automatically generated by dz.com. This makes it pretty confusing.

I'll just bet that his girlfriend bought him a helmet. No small expense, but less than the Coach purse.

If I were you, I'd still get her the purse. A 350 dollar helmet is a really nice present, and a 440 dollar purse is also. Things aren't always even.

If she's the kind of girl who will always expect to get the "nicer" present, you might want to consider your taste in women, unless you like that feeling of treating your girl like a queen. Some guys really do, others prefer to alternate. That's entirely up to you.

But if you want to spend Christmas with her, I'd seriously consider the purse. But I'd also consider seeing if you can find it from a reputable dealer on Ebay for less. Because I'm a cheap sort of person :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i am talking about the Bonehead Mamba helmet!
the site put that link up there! we got it for under $300.00 shipped! the purse is $140.00 more than that! i don't have a prob buying her something that cost that much! i have a prob with a purse being that much! shes gonna get that purse! but, $440.00, shit....i guess! i would rather see her get 2 $200.00 purses, rather than 1 $400.00.....i dont see it......but boy is she gonna be big pimpin!

i am talking about the Bonehead Mamba helmet!
the site put that link up there! we got it for under $300.00 shipped! the purse is $140.00 more than that! i don't have a prob buying her something that cost that much! i have a prob with a purse being that much! shes gonna get that purse! but, $440.00, shit....i guess! i would rather see her get 2 $200.00 purses, rather than 1 $400.00.....i dont see it......but boy is she gonna be big pimpin!

Why do YOU have a problem with the purse being that much, the purse is not for you, if you are happy spending that ammount of money STFU, and get her what she wants... Who are you to judge the value of her choices.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I just wanted to fuck with people honestly.

Enjoy the helmet.

$440 for a purse is silly, but whatever. $2000 for a stitched up piece of nylon is silly to most people too. But at least the nylon has a very practical use.

NOT to a non skydiver. I'm sure his girlfriend thinks the purse is more usefull than a parachute to her
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Nay.he can handle a Mambea I been tryin' to hook him up with equip. since day one. Been trying to get him to buy my Velo since day one. The little fuck got way too much common sense;) BRYAN
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)